Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Especially with the solid tyres :noway: And I never did get around to taping the 'bars :laugh:
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    I'd love to show you my bike but I'm a numb nut and can't load it on!!!
    Anyway it's a Scott Contessa:
    •Frame: Scott CR1 / HMF NET IMP Carbon technology Road Comfort geometry Standard BB
    •Fork: Scott CR1 / HMF NET 1 1/8" Carbon steerer Integrated Carbon Dropout
    •Front Derailleur: Shimano 105, Silver, new 2011 FD-5703
    •Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 RD-5700, Silver, new 2011 / 30 Speed
    •Number of Gears: 30
    •Shifters: Shimano 105 ST-5700, Silver, new 2011 Dual Control / 20, 30 Speed
    •Chainset: Shimano 105, Silver, new 2011, Hollowtech II FC-5703
    •Chainrings: 50 x 39 x 30 T
    •Bottom Bracket: Shimano 105 new BB - 5700
    •Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-5700, new 2011, 11-28 T
    •Chain: Shimano 105 CN-5600
    •Pedals: Look
    •Front Brake: Shimano 105 BR-5700, Super SLR Dual pivot Silver
    •Rear Brake: Shimano 105 BR-5700, Super SLR Dual pivot Silver
    •Brake Levers: Integrated with shifters
    •Handlebars: Scott Road Drop Contessa Lady Anatomic
    •Stem: Scott Contessa Road / 4 bolt Oversize 31.8mm 1 1/8" / 6 degrees angle
    •Headset: Ritchey Integrated Cartridge
    •Rims: Mavic Aksium Black, 18 Front / 20 Rear
    •Front Hub: Mavic Aksium Black
    •Rear Hub: Mavic Aksium Black
    •Spokes: Mavic Aksium Black

First thing I did was to change the saddle, it was horrendous, I couldn't walk right for days lol x
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Ha, that is too funny--where'd you find that?!

My ex-girlfriend found it 15 years or more, whilst on holiday in spain I believe...

It's lasted much better than she did, that's for sure (and I'm far too much of a gentleman to compare their respective ride qualities... :laugh:)
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have no clue how to post a pic here. Can anyone give me a hint or a link to some MFP instructions? I just tried to copy and paste from "My pictures" but that doesn't work. I hate to put my ignorance on display but I have no idea how to do this!

PS: I often use one of my bikes (one road and one mountain) as a profile pic but lately I have been changing my profile pic daily to reflect the exercise done that day. My poor road bike hasn't seen the light of day in a while.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have no clue how to post a pic here. Can anyone give me a hint or a link to some MFP instructions? I just tried to copy and paste from "My pictures" but that doesn't work. I hate to put my ignorance on display but I have no idea how to do this!

PS: I often use one of my bikes (one road and one mountain) as a profile pic but lately I have been changing my profile pic daily to reflect the exercise done that day. My poor road bike hasn't seen the light of day in a while.

You will need to host the picture online, someplace like photobucket.com, create an account, upload you pics to their site, then copy the "IMG" tags and paste them into here. **Note: you will need to change [IMG][/IMG] at the front and end of the tag to lower case [img][/img]
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
  • amiller7x7
    amiller7x7 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well here goes my attempt to post a picture - this is the touring bike, a Rodriguez steel bike - made in Seattle by R&E Cycles - great touring bike.

BikebyFishSculptureFallsCity29Jun2011.jpg
  • budkid
    budkid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just taken on todays ride...

The Felt
    20120109_163015.jpg

And the TCR
    20111206_141716.jpg
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You will need to host the picture online, someplace like photobucket.com, create an account, upload you pics to their site, then copy the "IMG" tags and paste them into here. **Note: you will need to change [IMG][/IMG] at the front and end of the tag to lower case [img][/img]

Thanks! Very helpfull, but it sounds like too much trouble for me as I have no interest in having photo's online. Not really proud to be old school/old fashioned just too lazy I guess.

So, just a description will have to suffice:

1. 2010 Giant XTC-1 mountain bike with XT cranks, shifters, deraillrurs and Avid Elixir CR brakes and Kenda Karma L3R Pro tires. A very fast bike that loves to carve!
    2. 2007 Specialized Roubaix road bike still pretty much showroom stock - all 105 with compact cranks. I changed the saddle as the stock one made my right leg go numb on any ride over twenty miles. Nice comfy bike that suits my riding style well at this point in life (59 years old.)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    This is my 'nice weather' bike. Fortunately I wasn't on this when I crashed the other day - I think that would've been 'expensive!'

104568081.jpg

2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • DrIanKellar
    DrIanKellar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well here goes my attempt to post a picture - this is the touring bike, a Rodriguez steel bike - made in Seattle by R&E Cycles - great touring bike...

Lovely.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    05HardrockSportDisc_Silv_l.jpg

2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc
  • h0m36r0wn
    Options
    My true love - Yeti 575, Sram XO shifters, XTR crank, Hayes El Camino hydraulic brakes... just put on some new Easton havoc rims IMAG0087

My BMX bikes - left to right - my son's Intense, then a recently built old school McMahon, and a Mongoose Aftershock I built 15 years ago!
    IMAG0058

McMahon
    IMAG0004
    Aftershock
    IMAG0251

Finally, an old Cannondale Killer V700 hard tail I'm in the process of rebuilding... just stripped down to bare aluminum and hope to start parting up in the spring!
    IMAG0169

Some more shots of the Cannondale here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100164838696232731131/albums/5699230166293137201
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Here is mine...helped me get start getting in shape. I rode 4 Events last year on this bike and was passing the skinny people up on their road bikes. Trek Pure Sport.....now i'm looking for a road bike.

306844_1979495526506_1216685513_31745945_4589093_n.jpg
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    05HardrockSportDisc_Silv_l.jpg

2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

Don't you just LOVE Disc Brakes :bigsmile:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Finally, an old Cannondale Killer V700 hard tail I'm in the process of rebuilding... just stripped down to bare aluminum and hope to start parting up in the spring!
    IMAG0169

Some more shots of the Cannondale here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100164838696232731131/albums/5699230166293137201

Nice stable of bikes!

I rebuilt from the aluminum up my old 1988 Cannondale SM700 a while back, recently chopped the dropouts off it and build track forks for it, turned it into a single speed for bombing around town...
    dropouts_4-1.jpg

Vertical dropouts gone!!

track_fork_end_done_2-1.jpg
    Track forks built.

I just love it all over again! :happy:

26_inch_wheels_done-1.jpg
    I also recently built new wheels for my trailer tugging Mixer 8, the 700C wheels were fine, but the frame on the bike, especially the chain stays are REALLY tight to the tyre, so I went with some 26" wheels, as I have disk brakes, I can do that! :drinker: This way I can run bigger tyres, with more volume in them, easier on the streets of Tokyo, better traction too! I also put a dynamo hub up front so I don't have to worry about lights. I got the Philips SafetyRide dynamo powered lights too, work great!
    In the pic above the bike is still shod with the 700C fenders, I've since put 26" fenders that I took off the Cannondale onto the bike.

Cheers!
  • subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here's my new Trek 1.2...
    Trek12400w.jpg

And my Trek 7.2fx grocery getter/commuter...
    Trek72FX400w.jpg
  • CDGolden
    Options
    And to add one more to the collection, a Craigslist score...

Surly Rat Ride (1x1) single speed/fixie

IMG_0159.jpg
  • CDGolden
    Options
    @ H0m36r0wn

I sure love the 575, I have had 2 of them over the years, the Raw frame w/ XTR build and then the Turquoise with the Enduro a year or 2 later. Sure miss them.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Here is my girl!! Her name is Fiona!!
    2009 Trek2.0 WSD Lime Green & White
    PhonePics037-1.jpg