Sorry but have to ask... BM questions after going Low Carb.

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    No one ever read the Electrolytes sticky when it was there. Even if I titled it "POOP PROBLEMS CLICK HERE!!!" They still would not read it.

So true...
  • mike5884
    mike5884 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No one ever read the Electrolytes sticky when it was there. Even if I titled it "POOP PROBLEMS CLICK HERE!!!" Or "POOP PARTY INSIDE!" they still would not read it.

Where can I find good electrolyte literature? I just joined this group yesterday and I've been on the keto diet for about 6days and would like to learn more.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    mike5884 wrote: »
    No one ever read the Electrolytes sticky when it was there. Even if I titled it "POOP PROBLEMS CLICK HERE!!!" Or "POOP PARTY INSIDE!" they still would not read it.

Where can I find good electrolyte literature? I just joined this group yesterday and I've been on the keto diet for about 6days and would like to learn more.

Go to the top of the page where it say Low Carb Daily Forum and click on it. Look under Announcements. I think there are 5 categories. The best place to start is the last one: "Launch Pad.

I'd do a link but it is best to direct you there so you (and others) can find it again.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Go to the top of the page where it say Low Carb Daily Forum and click on it. Look under Announcements. I think there are 5 categories. The best place to start is the last one: "Launch Pad.

I'd do a link but it is best to direct you there so you (and others) can find it again.

It's under "FAQs and General LC Info"

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Yes, I they would.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

It's under "FAQs and General LC Info"

Oops!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options

I would! Even looked for a poop thread, and with all the *kitten* conversation topics we have here, I am sure I would not be the only one. You just need to clearly label the poop thread appropriately
  • mike5884
    mike5884 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your assistance.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

I would! Even looked for a poop thread, and with all the *kitten* conversation topics we have here, I am sure I would not be the only one. You just need to clearly label the poop thread appropriately

We have plenty of diarrhea threads, which are appropriately named. And the Electrolytes FAQ is appropriately named and has always been. I can't make people click on them. The Electrolytes sticky was up for months and people still did not read it. We can't have 20 stickies up anyway, there would be no room for active posts on the main page. 1-2 clicks to reach a library full of links isn't too terrible a task to expect of anyone.

When I have time to search back for a constipation thread, I'll look for a suitable candidate. It will be in Open Threads when I find one. Open Threads is still a sticky, even though no one ever looks for it. It's right above the Launch Pad which no one notices either. :smirk:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

We have plenty of diarrhea threads, which are appropriately named. And the Electrolytes FAQ is appropriately named and has always been. I can't make people click on them. The Electrolytes sticky was up for months and people still did not read it. We can't have 20 stickies up anyway, there would be no room for active posts on the main page. 1-2 clicks to reach a library full of links isn't too terrible a task to expect of anyone.

When I have time to search back for a constipation thread, I'll look for a suitable candidate. It will be in Open Threads when I find one. Open Threads is still a sticky, even though no one ever looks for it. It's right above the Launch Pad which no one notices either. :smirk:

I use open threads a lot to retrieve links to answer the questions that were right there in open threads.... ;)

I recently joined Ketogains Facebook page and they make it very clear that you must read their Stickey in its entirety or risk being kicked out if you break one of the rules. But I remember thinking "OMG!!!!!!! Don't tell me what to read!!!!! I don't wanna read all this!!!!!" Lol

• Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but I know this is true for me. A lot of us come to a site like this for interaction with other members and support. It's great to read..I do a lot of that but sometimes I just want to talk with someone about what's going on...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

I love a good poop party
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

I love a good poop party

Hecks to the yeah!
    *dances on toilet*
  • baconslave
    Options
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    Just a thought, but I know this is true for me. A lot of us come to a site like this for interaction with other members and support. It's great to read..I do a lot of that but sometimes I just want to talk with someone about what's going on...

Completely legit activity. :smile:

My take on it all:
    I'm just saying that stickies and thread links are great, but everyone doesn't use them. So making a slew of stickies or FAQs that people may or may not even use isn't the best use of my unpaid time. :wink:

Some people are more motivated to research than others. We have it for those who'd like to dig into the info and to refer to when answering others' questions. People are going to pop in and ask a question without looking around. It's going to happen. We'll have something to refer them to. And if we don't, tag me or PM me, and I'll get to it soon. I used to be a librarian, soes I dig dem infos, but I also homeschool 4 kids and have a possible autoimmune condition, so patience with your devoted slave is appropriate.

*Puts on dat party hat and cranks up some beatz!*
    Potty party.

Seriously though. External links, or if you remember a thread that had lots of good info on constipation, share.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    We have plenty of diarrhea threads, which are appropriately named. ...

When I have time to search back for a constipation thread, I'll look for a suitable candidate. ....
    :smirk:

Is there a double secret index to threads and posts?

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I like this Bristol Poo-Poo Stool Form chart:

Bristol_Stool_Chart.png

And a good summary: https://www.gutsense.org/constipation/normal_stools.html
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL I thought my days of analyzing poo was done with my kids diaper years... or at least until my diaper years. ;)
  • baconslave
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    We have plenty of diarrhea threads, which are appropriately named. ...

When I have time to search back for a constipation thread, I'll look for a suitable candidate. ....
    :smirk:

Is there a double secret index to threads and posts?

Nah, it's called going back and Control + F on every single dang page (and hoping to the Lord you have the right search term) until you either give up or your brain drips out your ear. :smirk:

BTW there is a thread "Keto and Constipation" in Open Threads now just above the section on non-Gallbladder peeps and Stomach Distress.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It appears the original constipated poster made her post back in 2012 and hasn't been here for quite some time but carry on. The conversation may help someone current.

Nice catch!
    We really don't need old dead threads about this when it already comes up in current active members.

Except there are plenty of new threads about it as well. I remember commenting on 2 of them in December lol.