How Many of Us...

Options
13»

Replies

• Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    I have a desk job. I do try to get up and walk around a bit (it's a very small office...you can sit at your desk and pretty much talk to everyone else) but there really isn't much need for it. Currently another employee and I are trying to figure out a way to retro fit our desks so we can at least stand while we work if we so choose.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm on my feet 7-8 hours a day.
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had a desk job for the last 10+ years...just recently went back to working retail and notice the weight coming off much quicker with the additional activity. I wear a pedometer and most days easily log over 13,000 steps...and that is just during the 8 hours I'm working.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I have a desk job, I'm the receptionist at a vet clinic.

I get up to play with the dogs and anytime faxes come over I make a lap around the clinic to deliver them. Normally when the food is delivered I don't put it away but today I did.

I can't wait for Spring then I can walk at lunch.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and they might as well have stapled my butt to my chair

Me too... 8-(

~k
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    7TH inning Stretch everyone...

Get up and walk around for a bit !!!!!!!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and they might as well have stapled my butt to my chair

Me too... 8-(

~k
    I almost never leave my desk. Lately I've been forcing myself to get up and get lunch - I used to skip it altogether. That's how to really pack on the pounds!

I miss those days teaching dance to preschoolers.
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have an 8-5 desk job where I eat lunch at my desk. I am, however, extremely lucky that our office has a gym. I'm able to workout during the day during my down time.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have an 8-5 desk job where I eat lunch at my desk. I am, however, extremely lucky that our office has a gym. I'm able to workout during the day during my down time.

I wish we had a gym - that is such a great perk!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I've had a desk job for the past 20 years. That and beer made me the fat assed man I am today.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't have a desk job...I'm just a mom. When I do sit down to my desk in the office to check in with MFP something horrible happens and my rear is like a magnet to the chair! Time flies when you play on the computer and dishes accumulate, chores & laundry!! I try to stay active for the most part which means that I am usually on my feet for more than 14-16 hours!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Have desk jobs? Just wondering.

Am concerned about non-activity lapses.

Katie

Ps. Also, anyone else here annoyed with the smallish keyboards on these smart phones??? 8-)

I got a desk job. Graveyard shift 11pm-7am. I however I am lucky in some aspects. Because of the hours it's not always busy that I have to stay at my desk my entire shift. I take advantage of that and go outside to walk,jog whatever 30-45 mins most nights. Up to 1 hour on weekends. Usually around 2am each night. I work in a Naval base so it's secure location. I don't have to worry about alot of car traffic or the crazies.

Speaking of crazy my co-workers think I am crazy for going out at 2am since it's cold and being in the Seattle, WA area it rains alot.

Coworkers: "Whats wrong with you? Something must be broken..."
    Me: Nodding in agreement "I agree it is broken."
    Coworkers: "What is?"
    Me: "My awesome switch, it's permanently set to ON" :bigsmile:
  • katiebythebay
    Options

Katie

Ps. Also, anyone else here annoyed with the smallish keyboards on these smart phones??? 8-)

I got a desk job. Graveyard shift 11pm-7am. I however I am lucky in some aspects. Because of the hours it's not always busy that I have to stay at my desk my entire shift. I take advantage of that and go outside to walk,jog whatever 30-45 mins most nights. Up to 1 hour on weekends. Usually around 2am each night. I work in a Naval base so it's secure location. I don't have to worry about alot of car traffic or the crazies.

Speaking of crazy my co-workers think I am crazy for going out at 2am since it's cold and being in the Seattle, WA area it rains alot.

I think a graveyard shift like that would be amazing! I would absolutely do it. Everything would be topsy-turvy and I don't sleep much at night anyway....

Do you have others sharing the shift with you at all, or is it just you?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Katie

I think a graveyard shift like that would be amazing! I would absolutely do it. Everything would be topsy-turvy and I don't sleep much at night anyway....

Do you have others sharing the shift with you at all, or is it just you?

It's just me and 3 others. It's nice at times but at times sucks. Especially with getting time off.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I sort of do. I spend 6-7 hours of my shift walking, running, dead lifting and generally moving. The other 3-4 I am at a desk making schedules and doing reports etc.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I spend about 75% of my work time makeing my backside flat and yes I hate the touch key pad on my phone, I end up turning it sideways to get the board bigger so I do not make as many spelling errors.
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job. But while I'm at work I try to walk around as much as possible (it's hard because my boss wants me at my desk at all times). When I go to lunch on the floor below me I take the stairs. And when I get off work I power walk to the car. I don't record these things but it's a little something to help.