Did You Work Out At Curves Today?

Options
LJCannon
LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
Yes, I did the CurvesSmart Work-Out, then continued Walking on the Recovery Boards for another 20 minutes. Burned 374 Calories, and walked 2.55 mile.
:happy: Is anyone else doing CurvesSmart?

Replies

• ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I do the Curves Smart, but I haven't been able to work out for a week due to the fact that I been sick with a very nasty cold and cough. I'm hoping to get back there tomorrow.

Andrea
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just got home from curves today. I didn't wear my heartrate monitor but I know it was a good one. What exactly is CurvesSmart?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better, Andrea!

Curves Smart is a computerized program that works with the Machines at Curves. You put an ID Tag in each machine as you get on. It measures and tracks your repetitions and Range of Motion. Then it calculates your Calories Burned at the end. It automatically increases the resistance as you get stronger on each machine. It also shows if you are just 'Going thru the motions' as you work out. Kind of like Jillian sitting on your shoulder.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! Maybe one of these days I'll get a guest pass and come work out at one with CurvesSmart just so I can see the machines lol :o)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I hope you get a chance to try it, Carolan! I think you will see a big difference!!!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Curves Smart is a computerized program that works with the Machines at Curves. You put an ID Tag in each machine as you get on. It measures and tracks your repetitions and Range of Motion. Then it calculates your Calories Burned at the end. It automatically increases the resistance as you get stronger on each machine. It also shows if you are just 'Going thru the motions' as you work out. Kind of like Jillian sitting on your shoulder.

Wow ~ I can't wait until my Curves gets Smart!!

In answer to your question, yes, I worked out (much as I do everyday my Curves is open) for 90 minutes! Cannot wait until Friday ~ my Curves does iPod Friday!!!!!! :heart: it
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes. I workout everyday Curves is open and today I burned 400 calories w/Curves Smart and the muscle and strength program.

Noogle98 - what is IPod Friday?? Sounds interesting.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Today is my "Alternate Day", so I just Walked. I did go to Curves because it was 23 degrees with a Wind Chill of 6 so it was too cold to walk very long outside. I walked on the Recovery Boards for an hour, then after I got home, I walked to 7-11 for my Coffee. That is only 15 minutes, and it wasn't too bad since the Sun was out and there was very little wind.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :smile: Worked out at Curves, then walked across the street for Coffee.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    I worked out yesterday and today. Yesterday I was sore from my PI being increased by 24. Today, I'm feeling it all and didn't think I was going to make it all the way through the circuit. Today felt like it was my first ever workout.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: So sorry that you are sore!
    Do you stretch after you work out? Some members tell me that the stretching helps prevent or relieve a lot of their soreness. It might be worth a shot if you aren't already doing it.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: I walked to Curves ~ Worked out & Burned 384 Calories ~ and walked home.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Lj- I am always stretching after my workouts. I wasn't as sore today as I was yesterday. Today's workout kicked my butt and I burned 445 calories :bigsmile:
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to Curves today...but I did go Monday thru Friday! Dedicated today to more housekeeping and such. I love CurveSmart! It really challenges me to work harder than I would on my own, and also makes me pay attention to my range of motion. I love the fact that it tells me how many calories I burned at the end of my workout! Works perfect for MFP cardio tracking! Very happy to have joined this group!
  • noogie98
    Options
    Yes. I workout everyday Curves is open and today I burned 400 calories w/Curves Smart and the muscle and strength program.

Noogle98 - what is IPod Friday?? Sounds interesting.

Sorry ~ didn't see this question until now! IPod Friday is something my Curves just started doing. If you bring your IPod (or compatable MP3 player) you can share your exercise playlist with the other members while you work out. It is so much fun; last time I stayed for 2 hours because the music was jammin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glasses:

I go 6 days a week for a minimum of 60 minutes each day. Sometimes I do 90 minutes, but I only log in for 60 on MFP.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Noogle - thanks for the info. If you are working out that long, are you able to utilize your Curves Smart key for more than 2x around the circuit? I'm not sure how many times I can go around the circuit with the Smart key, but the staff tell me that there is a limit as to how many times the key can track each of the machines. I have gone back later in the day for another workout after feeling really stressed and it will let me log in but won't read my key.

Lisa
  • noogie98
    Options
    Noogle - thanks for the info. If you are working out that long, are you able to utilize your Curves Smart key for more than 2x around the circuit? I'm not sure how many times I can go around the circuit with the Smart key, but the staff tell me that there is a limit as to how many times the key can track each of the machines. I have gone back later in the day for another workout after feeling really stressed and it will let me log in but won't read my key.

Lisa
    Lisa,
    The Curves where I work out does not have the Smart Key Program. Everything there is old school Curves ~ so I don't know if the program would have a problem with the number of times I go around the circuit. I would probably go crazy if I couldn't go around as many times around as I do. I guess I am glad my Curves location doesn't have the Smart Program! I know I am working out, because I am hitting my target heart rate & I am sweating when I am done, so it is all good!

Jerrie
  • LJCannon
    Options
    With the Sart Key, you can keep going as long as you want to. After it says "End" it won't add anything to your Points or Calories Burned, but it WILL continue to show if you are hitting your Range Of Motion and Strength Targets. Plus, you could do the Key workout until it says End, then just continue without using the Key.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite to join this group. I love working out at Curves and since I have MS, I can work at my own ability level. My only problem with my local Curves, is their hours. I live in a very small townand they say they can't get enough people to come to open more. I see it as a Catch 22, if they were open more hours, more people might join! If I get in 3 workouts per week I'm lucky. They don't open until 8:30, when I have to be at work....they close from 12:30-4:00, then open M-Th until 7:30. Friday they close at 12:30, and don't open at all on Sat & Sun. I try to make the 4 days when they are open in the evenings and then get in a good walk over the weekend. But sometimes after working all day my MS just won't let me make it!!!! I am up for the challenge of doing my best to make it all four days as often as I can, and hope this group will help keep me accountable!!!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Darlis - Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear that the Curves in your area doesn't have better hours. I don't know how big a town you live in, but we only have a population of 30,000 and there are 2 Gym's w/in 5-10 miles of Curves. I guess we're just very fortunate.

LJ - Thanks, I guess I'm going to have to invest in a HRM to keep track of my calories burned when I get to the "end" of my Smart Key.