Did You Work Out At Curves Today?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, Faith!! When I joined Curves, it was just for "Therapy" for my knee. I told the Trainer that my body didn't know HOW to lose weight, and that weighing and measuring me was just a waste of time!!
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    I know- who would of guessed that this is my winning combination. I had lost over 50 lbs with low carb and kept it off for a couple of years but it came back on plus 20 lbs more. From there I have been on any new diet that came out plus low carb. Lost a few pounds but gained it back in a few weeks UNTIL NOW! Something has changed and I not messing with this combination :laugh:

LJ- I have read your profile and you are truly a inspiration! YOU look wonderful:smile:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: I didn't work out at Curves today -Today is my Alternate day - but I did walk down there and Walk for 30 Minutes on the Recovery Boards, then walking Home I stopped at 7-11 for Coffee.

:heart: Thanks, Faith!!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I worked out today. It was pretty hard because I have not worked out for 1 week. But I got my but back in there today. I burned 273 calories. I think I burn more than what it said I do. I be sweating like crazy.
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    Have just finished my 33 workout using Curvesmart. Burned 730 calories-Yipee. This is my weigh in week.

Faith

How do you burn so much calories! I be working my butt off and always burn between 200 & 300 calories. I think my curves is tracking me wrong :(
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    Did Zumba at my curves today! 1236 calories burned!!!

It just amazes me how people burn so many calories at curves! I never get even close to 1000 calories. I cant even get out of the 300's :(
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I just try not to compare My Calorie Burn to anyone else's, as mine is usually way lower than anyone else.
    The important thing is to get there, do your best, and Enjoy the Burn.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think the calories burned is based on your weight & intensity of workout. I know I only burn appx 275 to 350 on my 30 minute circuit. But you could probably do the circuit a few times to burn more calories. - -
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    PS - yes I did my Curves today :happy:
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    :heart: I just try not to compare My Calorie Burn to anyone else's, as mine is usually way lower than anyone else.
    The important thing is to get there, do your best, and Enjoy the Burn.

I try not to compare either. But 1200 is a big difference from 300. I can't believe I workout that much less intense. I think I burn more than what the curvesmart reads! I'mjustsaying! Congrats to everyone who can burn that much!!!!
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aukeila-I was stuck in the 300's FOREVER. Well, it felt like forever. After, maybe 6-8 months with CS or so, I realized I was stronger and getting more reps in the machines. I finally hit 419 one day. My highest was 526. I still rarely get over 400. Maybe once a week or so. I average around 350-380. I just want to say, that you will get there. You will get stronger and your calorie count will show it! Keep up the good work!
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    I think because I am heavy I burn more calories. Also, I found that there has been a glitch in curves smart. So I have been using my pedometer which showes calories you have burned all day long.

Everyone burns differently - However, I am more excited about the inch loss. My watch is loose Yipee:laugh: It's the little things. I can't wait to see my collarbones - haven't seen them for awhile LOL
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    I worked out today! It was a good workout.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome Workouts, Ladies!!
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    Finished my 39 th curve. Tomorrow i will hit my 40th workout. Some women wear their cuves t-shirts which say 200, 400 workouts. Wow, that is awesome! I am going to celebrate big time when I hit my 1st hundred.

Tomorrow is weigh in.

faith:happy:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Those Hundred Workout Shirts are THE BEST!! I LOVE Mine!! I can't wait for my "Real" 1,000 Workout Shirt. One of our members gave me some of her Old Curves Shirts and one of them was a 1,000 Workout. I wore it home from the hospital after I had Surgery even though I hadn't 'Earned' it yet. It is now hanging in the Closet and I won't wear it again until I get to 1,000 Workouts.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    Wow - 1000 work outs! That is a great challenge to achieve! LJ congrats on your workout shirts

I can't wait until a I achieve a workout shirt.

workout at curves Yesterday - I felt I was giving my all /worked out after work
    ' Today' - I was slow today and burned more calories then yesterday. Maybe it was because it was early morning . WEIRD :wink:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I usually work out at Curves early in the Morning. But tomorrow I won't be able to because of my Work Schedule. I plan to go in the Afternoon on the way home from work. We'll see what the CurvesSmart Monster says about that.
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    I worked out today. It was suppose to be my day off but I missed yesterday. I worked out hard today. I burned 307 calories my numbers just keep going up. Im starting to feel stronger. I think I love working out <3
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    :happy: Way to go Aukeilagirl!

I have only been to Curves once this week so I am going tomorrow (Sat). I didn't get 3 workouts this week. 3 makes me feel the best. I have started to walk/run in the am and it feels great! My pedometer having trouble keeping up:laugh: