Did You Work Out At Curves Today?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to Curves and MFP, Adrianne!! I hope you continue to enjoy our work-outs!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Walked to Curves and Back (2.31 miles total) and worked out at Curves (Burned 370 Calories). I am SO Grateful that I am able to do that!! I am NOT Bragging, I just keep remembering that it hasn't been all that long since walking the "Short Cut" to 7-11 (.3 mile) would have wiped me out for the rest of the day.
  • JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    WTG, Jeannie!!!

Nice walking

I had to sop working out for a week when I broke my toe! I hope your recovery goes smooth! Feel better!
  • BadHeatherNo
    BadHeatherNo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did both curvesmart and the two zumba classes back to back. (one hour total for classes) I had to skip most of the recovery stations during my curvesmart though, because I was running late for the classes. Still felt like I was getting a good workout though.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    @ Darlis.....I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon!!! Prayers are going up for you!!! Take care of yourself.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    Options
    I did workout at Curves today and in the next two weeks I am going to be starting their Curves Complete Plan for three months!! I am really looking forward to it and I am going to start walking 30 minutes a day on top of that too.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: You Ladies are all doing AWESOME!! The Walking will be a Great addition to your Plan, Bev!!
    Heather, I am in AWE!! That is some kind of WORK-OUT!!
  • BadHeatherNo
    Options
    Yesterday was an off day, so I just when and did the zumba classes. Today I'll be doing strength training and then the zumba classes. I LOVE zumba. It's the only exercise I've ever found that I actually look forward and smile while doing. So, even though I'm sweating, and it's hard, I'm having a good time, so it doesn't FEEL as hard. :)
  • BadHeatherNo
    Options
    I completely overslept my workout on Thursday. I was so tired I took a nap after work, and apparently turned my alarm off in my sleep. Friday, I did a Leslie Sansonne Walk at Home 5 mile DVD. Tomorrow I'll be back at curves my strength training. :) I did my official weigh in this week, and for last month I lost 6 pounds and 4 inches.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :smile: Burned 391 Calories in 65 minutes at Curves this morning.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Monday ~ Burned 391 Calories at Curves Walked 12,902 Steps
    :drinker: Wednesday ~ Burned 394 Calories at Curves Walked 12,873 Steps
    :happy: Friday ~ Burned 381 Calories at Curves Walked 9303 Steps
    :heart: Saturday ~Burned 394 Calories at Curves Walked 8,000 Steps (so Far!)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: 45 minutes at Curves, Burned 376 Calories
  • bevsdietfor2011
    Options
    Hey there, I haven't been on for awhile but have good news!!! I have been working out at Curves daily for about 3-4 days a week. I have just started the Curves complete program and this is my first week. I am so excited about it. I also had a doctor appt today with my primary care doctor and she gave me a great report. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Bev
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: That is Great, Bev!! I Love it when the Doctor (and Lab Tests!) recognize our Hard Work. That is more important than a Number on a Scale any day!!

:drinker: Today is my "Alternate Day" so I didn't work out at Curves. However I did walk down there (30 minutes) then I walked on the Recovery Boards (30 minutes) and walked part way home ( 15 minutes) where DH picked me up and took me to Breakfast.
    Walked a total of 4.39 miles and Burned 303 Calories.

:happy: After work at my Day Job I stopped at Anytime Fitness on the way to my Evening Job. Walked on the Elliptical for 35 minutes ~ 3.10 Miles & Burned 286 Calories.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Burned 378 Calories in 50 minutes at Curves this morning.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Walked to Curves, Burned 403 Calories in 45 minutes, was Walking Home when DH picked me up and took me to Breakfast, WOO-HOO!!
    Then I had to go to work:ohwell:
  • wildblueeyez
    Options
    New to curves as of end of February - is it beneficial to go more than 3x/week? I find that I have a hard time making time to try to walk but when I know I am going to curves, I know I am heading there without anything stopping me.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    You can go every day, if you want to. I even went to Curves after I had Surgery and wasn't allowed to do the Machines. I just Walked on the Recovery Boards. It is recommended that you go easier on the machines on the Second Day.
    For example, you'd work as hard as possible on Mon-Wed-Friday, but on Tues - Thurs - Saturday you would only go at about 80% of your hardest effort.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yes, I walked to Curves and Back Home ( 35 minutes - 2.01 mile - Burned 141 Calories)
    Then at Curves I burned 371 Calories in 45 minutes.

:drinker: Today marks My 3 Year Anniversary with Curves. On the way to work, I stopped at a Flower Shop and ordered a small arrangement of Flowers (Green and White Daisys & Roses in a Happy Face Mug with a Purple Ribbon) to be delivered to the Staff.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yes, I walked to Curves and Back Home ( 35 minutes - 2.01 mile - Burned 141 Calories)
    Then at Curves I burned 371 Calories in 45 minutes.

:drinker: Today marks My 3 Year Anniversary with Curves. On the way to work, I stopped at a Flower Shop and ordered a small arrangement of Flowers (Green and White Daisys & Roses in a Happy Face Mug with a Purple Ribbon) to be delivered to the Staff.

That's nice....the anniversary gift....and congrats! :flowerforyou:

I've just started CurvesSmart Saturday week ago....it put me up a fitness level yesterday (Monday) and today I progressed 11 and burnt 319 cal. I am very happy!

I thought I was working ok before but now I know what a workout is LOL! :laugh: