Replies

• Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I made the pumpkin yesterday. I went with your idea and subbed in half a can (about 7.5 oz by weight) of LIbby's pumpkin puree in place of the yogurt. I also did my other substitutions of half sugar and half reduced fat cream cheese. And 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice.

It was delicious. Even shared some with some non-fitness friends and they liked it.

gp79: I just want to thank you again for your research and development of the base recipe! I'm having a lot of fun with this!
    LOL, I was just coming on here to let you know I made the pumpkin cheesecake last night and just had some a couple hours ago. It turned out great. I am still a fan of the plain cheesecake. Just the way I am, vanilla ice cream is my favorite. But I like the pumpkin one better than the chocolate one I made. Anyway, I put in 6 OZ of Libby's in place of yogurt and 1 tsp of cinnamon, all spice and ginger. My wife is the pumpkin fan, so I can't wait to have her try it.

Thanks so much for your variation!

I'm going to make this in the next day, I'm obsessed with any and all things pumpkin!! YAY!! :bigsmile:
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Drool...
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump. MUST try this. Weekend project!
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Loving this - bumping coz I'll be devastated if I lose this goldmine of deliciousness.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    trying this tonight!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    My wonderful wife made a lemon cheesecake variant tonight. It was stunning!

slice.jpg

full.jpg
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump

The wife and I love Cheesecake but didn't expect to see anything that wasn't absolutely terrible (relatively) for you!

I"ll try some of these for sure!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjvandeneynde
    Options
    bump
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    So very happy to have found this. Thank you OP for the great recipe and directions!!!! I love it!

I made some mini-cheesecakes using a muffin pan. Cooked in half the time and now I have 10, well now 9, little cakes I can eat or freeze for later. I did opt for a Graham Cracker bottom just because I didn't have parchment paper. I also made a simple blueberry sauce for my first batch. My next try will be a mint and chocolate chip cheesecake. I may just go ahead and make that tomorrow!

IMAG0701_zpsddb32f8f.jpg

Macros with sauce are 22 carb, 6 fat, 12 protein. I used "1/3 less fat" cream cheese for half the cheese amount so that bumped the fat up a little.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Macros with sauce are 22 carb, 6 fat, 12 protein. I used "1/3 less fat" cream cheese for half the cheese amount so that bumped the fat up a little.

Probably should also say that the macros are for one of the mini-cheesecakes. The batch made 10 of the cakes. So if for everything.....220/60/120 c/f/p.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My first one is in the oven, eeek. Unfortunately won't be able to cook the intended way, as my oven turns off if I put it below 140c/280f but we'll see how it goes
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    looks THICK! Good stuff mate.

BTW I use 500g ricotta & 500g cottage cheese for mine these days. Works a treat.

You use both ricotta and cottage cheese for 1 cake instead of cream cheese?

yep. Cream cheese is more than double the price of cottage cheese & ricotta and I make a lot of cheesecakes :tongue:
    Could you share one of your recipes, with specific brands? It's so much harder for us to find good low fat variants in Aus.
  • Bubbl3s25
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined this group and can't wait to get started on your recipes.
    One question, is there a replacement option for the 100% All Whites? I looked them up to see what they were and could probably do some searching to find them but wondered if there was another alternative.

• Bubbl3s25
    Options
    @ DopeItUp
    Do you have a recipe for your lemon cheesecake version. I am very much 50/50 on the whole chocolate, lemon thing
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Bubbles, the eggwhites are sold in most supermarkets. I get mine from Woolies (in the freezer near the frozen berries in my local). Worst case you could always just use fresh eggwhites, it might be the cheaper option if you're not going to use a lot of whites (the 1 litre bag of eggwhites is about $10).
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    looks THICK! Good stuff mate.

BTW I use 500g ricotta & 500g cottage cheese for mine these days. Works a treat.

You use both ricotta and cottage cheese for 1 cake instead of cream cheese?

yep. Cream cheese is more than double the price of cottage cheese & ricotta and I make a lot of cheesecakes :tongue:
    Could you share one of your recipes, with specific brands? It's so much harder for us to find good low fat variants in Aus.

coles or woolies cottage cheese
    pantalica light ricotta
    or if I want to spend more coles simply light cream cheese or philadelphi 5% fat cream cheese
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I made a rose water cheesecake this weekend and it was amazing. I used gp79's original recipe and just added 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom and 1 tablespoon of rose water. The cardamom probably could have been omitted.

vmt8k0.jpg