NY Cheesecake morph

Options

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Options
    looks THICK! Good stuff mate.

BTW I use 500g ricotta & 500g cottage cheese for mine these days. Works a treat.

You use both ricotta and cottage cheese for 1 cake instead of cream cheese?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    looks THICK! Good stuff mate.

BTW I use 500g ricotta & 500g cottage cheese for mine these days. Works a treat.

You use both ricotta and cottage cheese for 1 cake instead of cream cheese?

yep. Cream cheese is more than double the price of cottage cheese & ricotta and I make a lot of cheesecakes :tongue:
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    These look great! I really need to try this!! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Going to give this another go again today. Plain vanilla instead of chocolate this time. Planning to use half sugar / half splenda and half fat-fre half reduced-fat cream cheese with the hope of getting closer to the flavor of the real thing. Will report back later.

@gp79: Is there something special about Trutein that really shines in this recipe, or is that just what you happened to have on hand. I'm going to use Designer Whey French Vanilla.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    not GP79 but I've found that my casein protein works better than whey because it thickens up a lot more. Unsure what sort of proteins those two brands are though.
  • taso42
    Options
    I like this one much better than my last one. No doubt due to the higher fat and sugar content :)

cf9nS.jpg?1
    Fzj6A.jpg?1
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    that looks legit Taso. What were the macros for the whole thing?
  • taso42
    Options
    Thanks. Tastes great. I had to sneak a piece this evening. It will be better when it's colder tomorrow.

Recipe/Macros:
    ayQaZ.png?1
  • aimibean
    Options
    Want to make this ASAP!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    still pretty decent macros!
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    not GP79 but I've found that my casein protein works better than whey because it thickens up a lot more. Unsure what sort of proteins those two brands are though.

I agree; I prefer casein to whey in a cheesecake.
  • isnack2much
    isnack2much Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    Thank you so much to the OP for the recipe. I have already made two cheesecakes, and they were awesome. I want to make some different ones and was thinking pumpkin. My question: should I just substitute the 6 oz of yogurt for 6 oz of pumpkin? Then I was thinking of tossing in some cinnamon and nutmeg etc. any suggestions? Thanks!
  • taso42
    Options
    Thank you so much to the OP for the recipe. I have already made two cheesecakes, and they were awesome. I want to make some different ones and was thinking pumpkin. My question: should I just substitute the 6 oz of yogurt for 6 oz of pumpkin? Then I was thinking of tossing in some cinnamon and nutmeg etc. any suggestions? Thanks!

I would like to try Pumpkin cheesecake next as well. Let's compare notes. Interesting approach to sub pumpkin for the yogurt... but then I wonder if the yogurt is somehow critical to the recipe.
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    No the ffgy is just to moisten it up a bit, just like pumpkin or applesauce would. I don't use any ffgy when I do the ricotta/cottage cheese mix because the stuff I use is more liquid than cream cheese would be.

After you've made a few you get to realise what sort of viscosity the the mixture needs to be and either add more liquid stuff like ffgy/pumpkin etc. or if it's too liquid I just add more protein powder haha.
  • skolvikes5
    Options

I would like to try Pumpkin cheesecake next as well. Let's compare notes. Interesting approach to sub pumpkin for the yogurt... but then I wonder if the yogurt is somehow critical to the recipe.
    I have a plain one in the oven right now. I will try pumpkin next time and let you know.
  • taso42
    Options

I have a plain one in the oven right now. I will try pumpkin next time and let you know.

I made the pumpkin yesterday. I went with your idea and subbed in half a can (about 7.5 oz by weight) of LIbby's pumpkin puree in place of the yogurt. I also did my other substitutions of half sugar and half reduced fat cream cheese. And 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice.

It was delicious. Even shared some with some non-fitness friends and they liked it.

gp79: I just want to thank you again for your research and development of the base recipe! I'm having a lot of fun with this!
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    I made the pumpkin yesterday. I went with your idea and subbed in half a can (about 7.5 oz by weight) of LIbby's pumpkin puree in place of the yogurt. I also did my other substitutions of half sugar and half reduced fat cream cheese. And 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice.

It was delicious. Even shared some with some non-fitness friends and they liked it.

gp79: I just want to thank you again for your research and development of the base recipe! I'm having a lot of fun with this!
    LOL, I was just coming on here to let you know I made the pumpkin cheesecake last night and just had some a couple hours ago. It turned out great. I am still a fan of the plain cheesecake. Just the way I am, vanilla ice cream is my favorite. But I like the pumpkin one better than the chocolate one I made. Anyway, I put in 6 OZ of Libby's in place of yogurt and 1 tsp of cinnamon, all spice and ginger. My wife is the pumpkin fan, so I can't wait to have her try it.
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    b