Getting to Know ME!

Options
JayTee146
JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
Share A little bit about yourself :):flowerforyou:

I just wanted to start a group where us single moms and dad's could come to celebrate our weight loss and gains, a place where we could vent about our day and find strength when we are weak.

:smile:

Replies

• JayTee146
    Options
    I am a first time single parent to a beautiful little girl.:happy: I've been single since finding out I was pregnant and I couldn't have made it through without a host of family and friends :-) Having a baby made me take a long hard look at my life and the things I hoped to accomplish. It became apparent that If I want to watch my little baby grow into a beautiful young woman, that I have to take steps towards becoming a healthier person. I don't want her to grow up and struggle with her weight like I did. So I've decided to start now with a healither lifestyle; that way when she gets older it'll be second nature for us both :bigsmile:
  • rrmz
    rrmz Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I'm also a first time mommy and became single 3 months after my beautiful baby girl, now 2 1/2, was born. Without question the hardest task a person can take on, but I would do it all agian just for her. I was very fit before my pregnancy and even during. After she was born and I was on my own, my weight was not my priority. I new to MFP and hope I can get rid of this 10 lbs by summer =)
  • JayTee146
    Options
    I've found that loosing the weight isn't the hardest thing i've come in contact with.. . . it's more so the people that know i'm trying to change my lifestyle and they try to tempt me with sugary sweets! ha :)
  • rrmz
    rrmz Posts: 7
    Options
    Tell me about it! Just last night we went out for dinner and guess where they took me...a buffet! Im like really? I just told you I'm on a diet! And today, Valentines day, there is chocolate and cake all over the office =/
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a single mom to a active 6 year old. I have been single since my son was 2 months old. I have to get into shape to keep up with him. He is playing basketball this year and he wants to do karate and play soccer. I want....no need... to get into shape to not only keep up with him, but to set a good example in a healthy lifestyle.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Welcome Kendra :flowerforyou:
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Tell me about it! Just last night we went out for dinner and guess where they took me...a buffet! Im like really? I just told you I'm on a diet! And today, Valentines day, there is chocolate and cake all over the office =/

They tooke me to a Buffet for Valentine's day as well and at work we had a Valentine's day lunchen :( On the plus size i did bring some diet soda cupcakes but I ate like there was no tomorrow! I was so full when I left work and my mom said well you can just sit there. I felt so sick but from the smell of the food.
  • jendan6
    Options
    I homeschool 4 of my 6 children and a friends daughter. I am so busy. I am in a divorce and doing lots of comfort eating. But... Lent is here and I have mastered it. Now to keep it up and exercise and watch my weight fall. I am really struggling to figure out how to cook for my very hungry growing kids and keep to my diet! I am doing a Paleo diet (no starches, sugar, no legumes, low fruit, no dairy). I have been doing it since Ash Wednesday last week and I already feel so much better.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Congrats and huge hugs hsmom! I couln't imagine giving up all that! you must have awesome will power! :flowerforyou:
  • alliek23
    alliek23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a single mom to a beautiful 14 month old boy. I have definitely used that as an excuse of why I haven't been working out/losing weight. I think we all know how stressful and time consuming being a parent is, I also work full time and honestly have no energy or motivation to work out after he is in bed. I'm hoping MFP will help me get motivated and lose this baby weight!
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a single mom to my 8 mo old son! He is the world to me, and I left my <insert @#$#$% here> husband when my son was 4 months old. I'm going through the divorce process, and trying to get my life together. It's definitely stressful! I was a stay at home mom so now I'm trying to juggle finding a job, caring for my son, making my parents happy (I moved back in with them), and getting through this divorce in one piece.
  • jendan6
    Options
    Kidrobot,
    It is hard!! How do you handle your stress? I am struggling. I have a terrible headache today and feel very unappreciated.
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Kidrobot,
    It is hard!! How do you handle your stress? I am struggling. I have a terrible headache today and feel very unappreciated.

I kind of just let every thing blow over my shoulder right now. I'm trying to not worry about the things around me that I can't change and set my focus on those things I can change (like my weight). Usually I work out to reduce stress, but I have been sick for the past month, so I've slacked on that.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only full time single dad on here.
  • JayTee146
    Options

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW :::::Hugs:::::::
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

I miss my kids being babies. I'd give anything to go back and have to wake up and rock them to sleep in the middle of the night as opposed to waiting on them to get home from a date. I miss the smell of a newborn, I wish I would have had more kids. I know I'm gettin all mushy. PS You baby is soooo cute, congrats mom.
  • mm2two
    mm2two Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, I just joined MFP yesterday. I'm a single mom to a 4.5 year old child I adopted a bit more than 3 years ago. She's such an incredible child! I'm in the process of adopting a second child as well - hopefully some time this year. I'm currently spending way too much time working at home which grants way too easy access to grazing. Gotta get fit for my kiddos! I love being a parent and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Does it ever bother you when other guys who only get their kids once or twice a month talk about being single dads? I have a hard time when I meet a new guy and after he talks about how hard it is being a single dad (without knowing I'm a full time single mom- no weekends off for me), I discover he doesn't even do weeknights.

I salute you- most guys can't do what you do.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

Does it ever bother you when other guys who only get their kids once or twice a month talk about being single dads? I have a hard time when I meet a new guy and after he talks about how hard it is being a single dad (without knowing I'm a full time single mom- no weekends off for me), I discover he doesn't even do weeknights.

I salute you- most guys can't do what you do.

My kids make me happy, we laugh, cut up, pull pranks on each other, go to the movies, play sports, go to the gym, to parks etc. We just have fun, I'm just a big kid on that side of it. But I do try to teach morals, manors, right from wrong, responsibility, dedication, work hard for what you want, never quit, and independence etc. They are why I'm here, I didn't just have kids to have kids or the mindset that I'm married now time for kids. I wanted kids, I love family, family is love unconditionally. The other guys don't know what they are missing. I've played sports and done things for myself and thought wow, but when my kids do the same thing like sports, school, life lessons etc. I was more excited when they did it than when I did, no comparison. Its called being a full time dad not a part time. Its a happiness that some will never know and thats sad. Sad for the kids and the dads that don't have that. I'm doing what I feel is right and it has nothing to do with anyone or anything else. I'm not judging others or critiquing others and I'm not saying they are wrong in their way of life. I just like what I'm doing and it makes me happy. I don't have all the answers and I make mistakes but I do the best I can. It has nothing to do with being single either. It might be a small family but its still a family. I know too much wrambling on, so I'll stop.

Dad
  • JayTee146
    Options

I miss my kids being babies. I'd give anything to go back and have to wake up and rock them to sleep in the middle of the night as opposed to waiting on them to get home from a date. I miss the smell of a newborn, I wish I would have had more kids. I know I'm gettin all mushy. PS You baby is soooo cute, congrats mom.

It's okay to get Mushy! I get mushy all the time, I see her growing so fast and idk why but I become overwhelmed with emotions! :-) I know being a single parent is hard and based on my expierience with her father I don't see myself getting married, however I would love to have 2 or dare I say 3 more children:noway: ... when I finish nursing school of course :smile:
    how old are your children zilla?