Replies

• Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome new peeps! :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mumma, Brett, and Dana! So glad you're here!
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    I love the quote on the default pic.....well i am a single mom of 2 boys, 9 and 7. I left their dad when my youngest was 4 mos. old. He was the worst mistake of my life and still cant stand him after all this time...i have trouble even getting into a relationship..im just flat scared i suppose. Anyways i lost most my weight after having both of my boys..but a few yrs back i quit a job and couldnt find work for almost a yr and thats when the weight gain happened. Ive worked ever since, but have just been in a major rut. I joined this site because 2 of my friends joined also, told me about it, and had me hooked instantly. I think ive been doing pretty good eating better and getting exercise in every day. My boys are pretty helpful..we go on bike rides about every other day all thru the neighborhood..and want to eat better too..which is a definate miracle. I just wish i knew more moms to hang out with in my area and possibly go on a hike with or hell even go out and grab a beer minus kids lol...its been too long.
  • singledadinva
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a single dad...though my name may give it away. I have full custody of my childree after a long court battle, so my focus over the past few Yeats has been on that. During that time I gained roughly 50lbs, between the stress of what they went through and me worrying about not winning. Now, I have them and my life is once again complete. I am exercising 4-5 times a week and recently found this app and I think its a godsend. I find that I am holding myself more accountable to the foods I eat. I look forward to the journey with everybody.

Bill
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bill, You are one of 3 full time dads on here.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Meghan and I am a single mom to the most incredible, irritating, affectionate, crazy 3 year old. I ended things with his father when he was only 6 months old. I didn't gain weight after having my son but I didn't lose either. I got stuck in the day to day of being a full time mom and working full time.

Now, exercise and eating right have been added to that day to day and I love the quiet time the gym gives me before getting my son every day. He is wonderful but mama needs her time too.

It's really wonderful to have a group like this because sometimes doing all this alone can be really isolating.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

mmmmm I'll never complain about more single dads joining the group :wink:

Welcome Bill, Kris, and Meghan (love you on Single Peeps).
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Make that 4. Jon here. Widowed(nine years) dad of 2 boys, 13 and 14.
  • Carolynboers
    Options
    hi all im new to the forum part of MFP, but im a single mum to a 5 year old boy, me and his father split officially about 2.5 years ago now.. but i officially gave up wanting and trying to save a sinking ship the end of last year and he now wants what he had but never appreciated.. i just wanted to say hi and meet others in my situation trying to loose weight :happy:
  • Carolynboers
    Options
    Hi mumma, my situation is very similar to yours i had a domestic violence and abusive relationship for years with my ex, before him and i got together i was confident happy and seen the best in myself and was happy with who i was.. and he took my confidence and self worth away.. i still struggle to this day to see anything good, i continually apologize for things where i assume people are thinking bad of me, i believe i let everyone down especially my poor son.. i just wish daily that i still had the confidence and belief in myself that i did years ago.. so if u want or need to chat im here with open ears.. and not just to mumma but anyone :D
  • deeja82176
    deeja82176 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    15 years of parenting by myself! Her father doesn't know what he is is missing because I swear I have the best daughter in the world. It's been hard( no time off & no child support) but it has SOOO been worth it. Ended a long term relationship and I have promised myself no more dating till she is off to college. It's going to be a long 3 years!

My fitness goal is to shed this last 10 pounds and get rid of my love handles and muffin top.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    15 years of parenting by myself! Her father doesn't know what he is is missing because I swear I have the best daughter in the world. It's been hard( no time off & no child support) but it has SOOO been worth it. Ended a long term relationship and I have promised myself no more dating till she is off to college. It's going to be a long 3 years!

My fitness goal is to shed this last 10 pounds and get rid of my love handles and muffin top.

15 years of parenting by myself! Her mother doesn't know what she is is missing because I swear I have the best daughter in the world. It's been hard( no time off & no child support) but it has SOOO been worth it. Ended a long term relationship and I have promised myself no more dating till she is off to college. It's going to be a long 5 years!

Your story looks identical to me. My daughter is 17 and junior in high school.
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi guys 'n gals!

I'm Jade (JoJo as a nickname) and I'm mom to one wonderful 15 (16 in August) son, Joshua, who is in Gr. 10.

Been a single parent since he was still in the womb and his father has never acknowledged his existence and I never pursued it further. All I ever asked for was medical records which I did receive.

He's never had a real father figure growing up other than his uncle, 2 grandfathers (2 on my side), and great uncles. He's been involved with the Big Brother/Big Sister Association since he was 8 and has had 3 Big Brothers..

We've done everything on our own from Day 1 and I wouldn't change a thing. It made us strong and close-knit..

It's because of him that I'm wanting to take better care of myself and become heathier. I want to see him grow up to be the man I know he can be, get married, have children, etc..

Feel free to add me - we could all use a new friend and motivator :)
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am Royann. I go by RJ. I am Mommy to my beautiful little Madison (3). As well all know our kids are our life and she certainly is mine. Wish I had a workout partner through this journey but when I come to this site I find so much support that I am well motivated to do what I need to do daily!

Madison's father lives in Florida, calls her when the moment strikes him but he is never consistent. I know he adores her but of course my little girl deserves better and more from the man who helped create her.

I went through a very stressful time in my life this past year and put on a ton of weight. So I am here to get back down to where I used to be post-baby when I was at my thinnest since high school.

Hope everyones weight loss is going well. Please feel free to add me! I love making new friends!
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a single mom and struggling to care for my children who have emotional disabilities. i get stressed, so I eat. My little one does not sleep, so that's not helpful either. But my weight and my health is important to me so... here I am!

My goals are to lose weight and gain my smile.

We can do this.

:)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Welcome and you have a lot of help here.:smile:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Melanie, a 32 year old single mother of 3. A 9 year old girl and 6 and 2 year old boys. We live in Lafourche, southwest of New Orleans

I have been split from my husband for two years yet still have to almost daily deal with his emotional issues from being raised by an overbearing mother and issues from being in war that he cannot get under control.

In the meantime, my life has to go on.
  • fullofhope01
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am so glad I found this group. My name is Melissa and I am a mom to 3 kids, 19, 12 and 5 years of age. Being a parent is the most difficult job in the world but also the most rewarding. I would not change it for anything!

For many years, I was to worried about meeting everyones needs but my own. Well, not anymore. I am finally taking care of myself and will be the best I can possibly be.

I am so excited about this lifestyle change. It feels so good to be taking care of myself.

Melissa
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am a single mother to a beautiful 2 year old little girl. She is my world.I have been single since I found out I was pregnant and I don't know how I would have made it without my friends and family. I have been so wrapped up in being the best mom and trying to give my daughter everything I can that I kind of forgot about me. Now I realize in order to be the best mom I can be for her I need to take care of myself too. So that is why I am here to get my old body and energy back so I really can give her everything including a healthy happy mom!
    Amanda
  • chellaj32
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a single mom to a 7 year old daughter and have been struggling my whole life with weight. I want to be healthy for her and be able to run and play and just set a good example. I was searching for a good group to join and this looked like a great placed to start. I have been a member of MFP for a while, but in the last 2 months have struggled a bit with being in school, working at an internship, working at my job and being a single parent. I was down almost 40 pounds and now am back to being down 25 pounds. I still have to be proud of what I have accomplished so far, but it is frustrating to have "relapsed" and gone back to comfort eating. But I am determined to get back to doing what I know I need to and wanted to find some extra support.
    Chrissy