Getting to Know ME!

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    17 year old daughter and 12 year old boy. When they were babies or toddlers that was a great time. You don't think so at the time but it is. Would trade anything to go back to that time. Take plenty of pic's...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

My kids make me happy, we laugh, cut up, pull pranks on each other, go to the movies, play sports, go to the gym, to parks etc. We just have fun, I'm just a big kid on that side of it. But I do try to teach morals, manors, right from wrong, responsibility, dedication, work hard for what you want, never quit, and independence etc. They are why I'm here, I didn't just have kids to have kids or the mindset that I'm married now time for kids. I wanted kids, I love family, family is love unconditionally. The other guys don't know what they are missing. I've played sports and done things for myself and thought wow, but when my kids do the same thing like sports, school, life lessons etc. I was more excited when they did it than when I did, no comparison. Its called being a full time dad not a part time. Its a happiness that some will never know and thats sad. Sad for the kids and the dads that don't have that. I'm doing what I feel is right and it has nothing to do with anyone or anything else. I'm not judging others or critiquing others and I'm not saying they are wrong in their way of life. I just like what I'm doing and it makes me happy. I don't have all the answers and I make mistakes but I do the best I can. It has nothing to do with being single either. It might be a small family but its still a family. I know too much wrambling on, so I'll stop.

Dad

OhMyGoodness you could SO get a date with any of the girls on this list right now.. :melting: men with your perspective are so rare!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I get mushy all the time, I see her growing so fast and idk why but I become overwhelmed with emotions!

Me too! Every year with my son gets better and better. I know eventually he'll be a hard-headed teenager, but right now he's my amazing kindergarten peanut, learning new skills and just full of love and smiles. So there's the occasional tough moment, but the good times far outweigh the tough ones.

Becoming a parent has brought more depth to my life than I ever realized possible!!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

My kids make me happy, we laugh, cut up, pull pranks on each other, go to the movies, play sports, go to the gym, to parks etc. We just have fun, I'm just a big kid on that side of it. But I do try to teach morals, manors, right from wrong, responsibility, dedication, work hard for what you want, never quit, and independence etc. They are why I'm here, I didn't just have kids to have kids or the mindset that I'm married now time for kids. I wanted kids, I love family, family is love unconditionally. The other guys don't know what they are missing. I've played sports and done things for myself and thought wow, but when my kids do the same thing like sports, school, life lessons etc. I was more excited when they did it than when I did, no comparison. Its called being a full time dad not a part time. Its a happiness that some will never know and thats sad. Sad for the kids and the dads that don't have that. I'm doing what I feel is right and it has nothing to do with anyone or anything else. I'm not judging others or critiquing others and I'm not saying they are wrong in their way of life. I just like what I'm doing and it makes me happy. I don't have all the answers and I make mistakes but I do the best I can. It has nothing to do with being single either. It might be a small family but its still a family. I know too much wrambling on, so I'll stop.

Dad

OhMyGoodness you could SO get a date with any of the girls on this list right now.. :melting: men with your perspective are so rare!!
    I totally agree! lol :-) huge hugs to zilla for being one of the good ones i hear so much about!
  • alexiaschulz
    alexiaschulz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alexia. My son Jack is 3 1/2, and it's been just the two of us since he was about 9 months. That's about when I quit working out, coincidentally. Turns out you need some serious time management skills to get everything to fit in, in this game! Anyhow, I have been gradually gaining weight ever since, and when I got heavier than I ever was while pregnant, it was a reality check and I decided I needed to change something, although finding room to shift anything in this jigsaw puzzle of a life is... a puzzle :)
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Welcome Alexia! :flowerforyou:

You're so right! It's a jigsaw puzzle trying to fit everything in... but hey... if it were easy everyone would do it! so at least all of us have decided to do something about it instead of sitting around complaining!:blushing:
  • ShyLadyLaLa
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!...I am a single mother of a 17 month old girl and wouldnt trade it in for the world!!!....Shes my motivation of why I even wake up in the morning...Having her has changed my life for the better and I want to be around for her for a long time so I decided to start taking better care of mysef and watch what I eat and exercise more. Since Feb 15th I've already lost 11.2lbs!!!...Im so proud of myself!!!
  • Ambyerok
    Ambyerok Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm a 26 yr old single mother of a 10 month old little girl! I have been stuck at my current weight for about 2/3 years and I'm sick of it! So in an effort to lower my cholestoral (spelling) and thin out my waist I've joined mfp. and I like it so far I love the fact that working out gives you wiggle room for times when your gone over your calorie goal.. I need to start actively working out its just hard workiing full time, school, and little one.. Well anyways ! Hello xoxo
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!...I am a single mother of a 17 month old girl and wouldnt trade it in for the world!!!....Shes my motivation of why I even wake up in the morning...Having her has changed my life for the better and I want to be around for her for a long time so I decided to start taking better care of mysef and watch what I eat and exercise more. Since Feb 15th I've already lost 11.2lbs!!!...Im so proud of myself!!!

Congrats on your weight loss so far Shy! and Welcome! :tongue:
  • JayTee146
    Options
    :smile:
    Hello!!! I'm a 26 yr old single mother of a 10 month old little girl! I have been stuck at my current weight for about 2/3 years and I'm sick of it! So in an effort to lower my cholestoral (spelling) and thin out my waist I've joined mfp. and I like it so far I love the fact that working out gives you wiggle room for times when your gone over your calorie goal.. I need to start actively working out its just hard workiing full time, school, and little one.. Well anyways ! Hello xoxo

Welcome Ambyerok! :smile:
    I've always managed to get down to a certain number and I always end up throwing my healthier lifestyle out the window because It's hard being the only one in my family who's adopted a healthier lifestyle... but this time it's not happening because I have my lo for motivation and plus plus. you guys keep me uplifted! :blushing:
  • tek_la
    tek_la Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I wish everyone great success in all their weight loss and life goals.
  • Kristan223
    Kristan223 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a single parent of a 4 year old little boy. I've been a single parent since he was 1 and going through all that I found myself slowly gaining weight so a few days ago I joined mfp. I've already lost a little. Now I just have to stick with it. But this time I'm determined. I want to be healthy for him and have the energy to keep up. :)
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I wish everyone great success in all their weight loss and life goals.

THANKS TEK! Best of luck to you as well :)
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a single parent of a 4 year old little boy. I've been a single parent since he was 1 and going through all that I found myself slowly gaining weight so a few days ago I joined mfp. I've already lost a little. Now I just have to stick with it. But this time I'm determined. I want to be healthy for him and have the energy to keep up. :)

Welcome Kristin! :smile:
  • traumajunkie84
    Options
    Ive been single since my son now 2 3/4 was 21 days old, my son was born 6 1/2 weeks premature and my ex husband was abusive towards him so I filed for divorce and my ex has no parental rights, so I am a full time mommy. I love my son to death and would do absolutely anything for him. He is my motivation in this journey. He is so active and I want him to stay that way and remain healthy so I know I need to make lifestyle changes now in order to set that example for him. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Ive been single since my son now 2 3/4 was 21 days old, my son was born 6 1/2 weeks premature and my ex husband was abusive towards him so I filed for divorce and my ex has no parental rights, so I am a full time mommy. I love my son to death and would do absolutely anything for him. He is my motivation in this journey. He is so active and I want him to stay that way and remain healthy so I know I need to make lifestyle changes now in order to set that example for him. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation.

Welcome :smile:
  • h_wst
    h_wst Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey I'm a new single mom like I've only been at this for 3 months. I have a 2yo & a 5mo girl.
  • JayTee146
    Options
    Hey I'm a new single mom like I've only been at this for 3 months. I have a 2yo & a 5mo girl.

Welcome! :) the first few months make or break anything... I've once heard if you can stick to somethin for 21 days' it becomes a habit! We can do this!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only full time single dad on here.

Not any more!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I became a single dad when my son was 4 (almost exactly one year ago) and (you're all going to hate me) I lost 40 lbs from the stress of the split, the divorce, the heartache, and the sudden and total weight of the world descending onto my shoulders. . . I'm on here b/c now I've made it though that nightmare and rediscovered food! (and beer). . I've gained back about 20 lbs of the 40 I lost, so I want to get back that silver lining and stay fit. . I've also decided that eating right and living well has MANY benefits beyond just physical fitness, including mental strength, which all of you know is a must in our situation. . Anyway, that's my story.