Like Minded Lushes - February 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Tuffy, good job....sometimes, we buid it up in our heads that it's harder than it is. BTW, I love that doggy on your avatar.

Robin. I thought you had applied and I hadn't heard any further. Well, at least, you had some interviews. I hope the knee gets better soon.

Great Job, Krisco....water was a good choice and the scale moved...superscore

Chloe...very gracious of you to be DD...I don't think I could ever do that...I'd vote for a cab

Amy, Teachers are hot *cat call*

Jenbit, enjoy the lushy weekend

Thursday, 6 red wine....hubs kept filling my glass...makes it so easy when I don't even have to get up

Happy Friday
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Good job, Liz!! And the dog in your avi is freakin adorable!!

Happy Friday everyone. Sounds like some of us are pluggin along doing well, others hangin in there. Hopefully everyone will have a great weekend.

I've lost the 4 lbs I gained last weekend, so I feel better about that. 0 for me last night, I kinda had tummy issues.
    I'm sure I'll have some wine tonite with my usual dinner of shrimp tacos. Yummm.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think you are right, it seems I had convinced myself it was going to be SO HARD, but it actually wasn't hard at all, and I had no cravings. I sipped on this super yummy sparkling water I discovered at my grocery store, it is made by Sparkling Ice. The pink grapefruit is delicious!

And the doggie is my rotten bulldog Hank. He is such a pain in my *kitten*, but I love him anyway :) Still a baby at just over 2 years old.

Happy Friday to all my fellow lushes! I'm thinking tonight may even be another zero.

Sydney, great job, glad the 4 pounds was just temporary!

Liz
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Liz, I had a bulldog foster dog, we named him Diesel....he was just adorable and was adopted
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tuffy and Kris on your goals for last night!!!

Congrats SoCal on your loss on the scale :smile:

Mama Lush, hope everything works out soon on the job front and that your knee feels better.

As for this lush, my cleanse is over, I made it!!!!!! Totally changed my mindset and now I know that I have the control, not the bread or the pasta or the wine or the dessert, ME! I lost 1.6 pounds which puts me at a total of 6.6 lbs lost since the start of this round of P90X and this is about the end of week 7. My waist just feels sooooo nice and slim, it's amazing to me how almost 7 lbs makes such a difference. My next goal is another 5 lbs gone and then I'll be back to my weight before the holidays, at that point I'll see if I want to go lower, I don't want to be too skinny though or skinny at all for that matter. I want to be fit and strong and want my arms looking killer :smile: I kept it healthy for lunch and had a chocolate tropical shakeology blended with milk and a banana on the side. I'm going out to dinner with the fiancé tonight and I think I'm going to stick with a salad that I know I like there, possibly an appetizer but a healthy one, no main meal because I don't want leftovers and no dessert, but definitely wine!!!!!!!

I definitely think the cleanse was worth it, they recommend doing it after each season, not sure I'll do that but I'll probably do it after the holidays and I'll probably do it again before I go get my dress and before the wedding.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday lushes, have a good weekend :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Still not drinking, it's been 20 days...five more to go. Every night around 4:30 (my happy hour) I think about it. Luckily this crazy puppy (which we named Callie) keeps my mind occupied. Everyone is doing so well with their personal goals. Carry on lushes!
    smiley-eatdrink004.gif
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tonight is a zero so far, which is very unusual for me! Usually I start early on a Friday. I had thought about doing a zero tonight, but I just got back from food shopping about 45 minutes ago, and I may need a drink. I went and opened my trunk to put my groceries in, and the hood on my coat was blocking my full view; I thought the trunk was totally open but apparently it had only gone halfway up and I smashed my nose right into it putting a bag in there:angry: I thought I broke my damn nose! So in the rush to get all my stuff put away in the pouring rain (and my shoes were totally soaking wet), with my seriously injured nose, I take off for home - just to discover my pocketbook was not with me:noway: So back to the store I went. Apparently, it was on the ground next to where my car had been and someone brought it in and turned it over to Customer Service. Oy! I may have a couple of drinks to calm the nerves. Have a great weekend everyone!

Liz
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Liz, after that story....I need a drink :wink:

Thursday, bottle of wine
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

Thursday starts my trip to Chicago with my BFF. We can do a lot of damage in 3 days.

BTW, Robin, when are you planning your trip to the TCs. I would like to mark the calendar. I'm planning for summer!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    woohoo Chicago!!

Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday- half a bottle of red zin and 3 amstel lites
    Friday- 12 oz pinot noir
    Saturday- going out to eat with friends, but gonna try to take it easy probably a drink or 2 or some wine
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Didn't count the boozy beverages last night but dinner was healthy so I figured it was okay. Didn't have ANY of the bread at dinner which is huge for me since I could live off the stuff. Had prosciutto with fresh motz cheese for my app but didn't eat it all and had a scrumptious salad with balsamic for my dinner and no dessert. Wore a pair of my nice pants which are very fitted and they felt fantastic! No fat roll over them, they weren't digging into me and I didn't have the overwhelming urge to unbutton them at the restaurant or after we left! It's a good feeling having control :smile:

Going to keep it healthy today as well but may take today as a rest day, we will see though. Next week is a rest week and with my new calorie burn I will get over 4200 so there in theory should be a nice loss on the scale come Friday, especially with no booze through the week. So the week in review

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - Probably a bottle of wine
    Saturday - Who knows! :drinker:

Back to 0 tomorrow :smile:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 7 beers & a shot of rum....…
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yaay, FINALLY I have unearthed dieting people who drink! Sorry, only just joined this group and very excited to be here :-)

Booze is my biggest problem when it comes to my gut, not chocolate cake or crisps or anything like that! But when you tell people something like that they assume you're an alcoholic and I'm really not! I don't even drink every day, but when I do drink, it's always enough to de-rail any best intentions!

Not wanting to de-rail the current thread, just wanted to say hi and relieved I'm not alone :-)
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    smiley-signs046.gif eshta from the UK! This is a great group, you are definitely not alone!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    5 more days of sobriety and then it's an all out party.....sometimes, it's good to work the weekends, saves me :blushing:

Eshta, this group rocks and I hope you stay for support.

Happy Saturday, Lushes!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    smiley-signs046.gif eshta from the UK! This is a great group, you are definitely not alone!

I 2nd, 3rd and 4th this!!!!

Welcome :smile:

Definitely a rest day. Went out to lunch, didn't get an appetizer and got the chicken taco salad no cheese or sour cream and I never eat the shell. I did have some chips and salsa and had a tall Blue Moon though. Having a salad for dinner as well and not sure if I'll get an appetizer but if I do it's a gonna be healthy! Even though today is our "cheat" day, I really want to stick with mostly healthy and I want champagne so it all balances out haha.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

So another bottle of wine bit the dust last night. today vodka and diet sunkist lemon. Must stop this insanity but I think I'll wait a day or too.

my granddog is a bully. He is 4 and apparently the new granddaughter was enough to cause him to get an ulcer. He is an awesome dog and I love him very much but they are such tempermental animals. His name is Cronus.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Uber-lushy last night...oy. I don't wanna even talk about it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 6 red wine
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Total: 6

I'll make up for it next week...I'm already dreading the hangovers :sick:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So, 1 beer and several red bull/vodkas last night. I need to try for more zeros.