• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- half a bottle of red zin and 3 amstel lites
    Friday- 12 oz pinot noir
    Saturday- probably a almost a full bottle of cab and 2 vodka and water with mio
    Sunday- gonna say 0

So my plan now is zeros until Friday!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Crazy lushy Friday Night.
    0 last night.
    I'm about to go out for Mexican food..so I'm guessing there will be drinks. :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    SoCal...have a marg for me...with Grand Marnier, of course!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Have one for me too!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    and me :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Still not drinking, it's been 20 days...five more to go. Every night around 4:30 (my happy hour) I think about it. Luckily this crazy puppy (which we named Callie) keeps my mind occupied. Everyone is doing so well with their personal goals. Carry on lushes!
    smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Well done you. I'm up to 25 days with 3 more to go. Most days I've been fine, only missed alcohol seriously when I've been cooking a meal that would usually go really well with wine. This weekend has been a test though as I have been surrounded by beer drinkers, I caught myself sniffing at bottle, darn it smelled good!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back from Cozumel and trying to catch up on the haps here on MFP. I drank a lot but the resort where we stayed was pretty quiet-no mini fridge and the only bar was closed around 11pm I think so I never really had a hangover. I am not getting on the scale this week!
    Not sure I can abstain though. I am in a ****ty mood.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Still not drinking, it's been 20 days...five more to go. Every night around 4:30 (my happy hour) I think about it. Luckily this crazy puppy (which we named Callie) keeps my mind occupied. Everyone is doing so well with their personal goals. Carry on lushes!
    smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Well done you. I'm up to 25 days with 3 more to go. Most days I've been fine, only missed alcohol seriously when I've been cooking a meal that would usually go really well with wine. This weekend has been a test though as I have been surrounded by beer drinkers, I caught myself sniffing at bottle, darn it smelled good!!

Yvonne on Thursday evening when I am having my much awaited drink, I am going to make a toast to you and I smiley-eatdrink042.gif
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    3 of those mini bottles of champagne at dinner last night and one glass of red a little while after we got home. I was exhausted and just didn't want to drink more. Great thing about that is there was no hangover this morning =]

Went to brunch with the fiancé and ordered the scrambled eggs which came with corned beef hash, home fries, toast and then I ordered a chocolate chip pancake on the side. I ate the entire meal haha, didn't even feel uncomfortably full, haven't eaten since though but that meal fueled me up and let me clean with tons of energy for the last 5 and a half hours. About to go get in an hour on the bike as well. It'll be a little over 1400 calories burnt for today, at least 1400 tracked.

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 2 glasses of champagne at dinner then 3 glasses of red at home
    Saturday - 3 mini champagne bottles at dinner then one glass of red at home
    Sunday - 0 though I reeeeeallly want a glass of wine once I'm done with everything and can just be lazy on the couch. We'll see what happens! It is a high calorie burn week so I'm sure I could swing some wine here and there if I wanted to :wink:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 4 1oz. Canadian Mist beverages
    Sun - 4 beers and some Canadian Mist shots.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

So I ended up giving in last night and had some wine, 12 oz of pinot noir. But, I put 2 coats of paint on our spare bedroom, took the dog for a 2 mile walk outside and did a 3 mile run on the treadmill. So I think I deserved it! :drinker:

Plan for this week is no drinks until Friday. I think we are just going to our local little bar we love and they have a great salad there I will get for dinner. And the hubs works late Saturday, so we will probably just take it easy.

Good work everyone on the zeros! I am completely amazed by those that gave up the whole month of Feb I definitely couldn't do, Monday - Thursday has been tough enough for me!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 6 red wines
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Total = 6 = Success for the week

I am holding off until the weekend for Chicago with my BFF and my lushy sisters...I am sure I will be eating all the good food I miss when I am not home. I had a dream about living in Chicago again last night. Maybe, someday....

Monday, 0

Amy, it's probably crappy to be back....hope you had a fun, sunny time out there.

Diane and Yvonne, your my heros...congrats on that will power

Zippo...looks like you had liquor on the lippos...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had one lonely little pumpkin ale yesterday. That's it. maybe I can pull a zero tonight. That would be nice. My goal is to make it until next month without a drink. :wink: I think that should be attainable. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I had one lonely little pumpkin ale yesterday. That's it. maybe I can pull a zero tonight. That would be nice. My goal is to make it until next month without a drink. :wink: I think that should be attainable. :laugh:

As long as your not Irish!!

Try to drink your smoothie drinks in the evening like you used too. It seemed to work well for you.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Didn't end up eating anything the rest of the day after that huge brunch yesterday. Cleaned like mad and rode the bike giving me a 1510 calorie burn. Had to have burnt off most of that meal haha so I had wine. About 2 and a half glasses I would say. Slept fantastic, we'll see what tonight brings for booze.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Didn't end up eating anything the rest of the day after that huge brunch yesterday. Cleaned like mad and rode the bike giving me a 1510 calorie burn. Had to have burnt off most of that meal haha so I had wine. About 2 and a half glasses I would say. Slept fantastic, we'll see what tonight brings for booze.

How did the cleanse go?

Lushy lushy weekend - oh my! but no gain on the scale this morning - I was terribly afraid to look after 6 beers on Saturday before the 3 margaritas!

2 glasses of moscato last night.

Like everyone else - trying for zeros all week!!
  • Kat120285
    Options

How did the cleanse go?

Lushy lushy weekend - oh my! but no gain on the scale this morning - I was terribly afraid to look after 6 beers on Saturday before the 3 margaritas!

2 glasses of moscato last night.

Like everyone else - trying for zeros all week!!

Cleanse was much easier than I thought. Lost 1.6 pounds during it and feel fantastic. It's kept me on track food wise as well, I am craving all the healthy foods with the exception of yesterday haha. Started today with a shakeology, banana and clementine and just had a bowl of all natural broccoli soup from Whole Foods and I'm going to have some V8. So really all I've had today is fruit and veggies =]

I'm going to give something a shot this week, I'm going to log 2 glasses of red for Monday - Thursday and see if it does anything in regards to stunting the scale. I really enjoyed my couple glasses last night and felt a real sense of control over the wine for the first time in a long time. My overall mood has been fantastic and it would seem that I'm out of whatever rut I was in. I am going to keep food healthy though, lots of fruit and veggies and of course my 16 glasses of water a day. If the scale still moves with 2 glasses of red a night then I may just keep it up since it's good for your heart and I really try to take care of mine since heart problems run in my family. I think it's in pretty good shape at the moment though, it seems to be conditioned to high intensity cardio and staying at a high heart rate for a long period of time and then it pretty quickly drops which is a sign of being in good shape :smile:

So I've already logged the 2 glasses of wine for tonight. We're having chicken, brussel sprouts and salad for dinner, we'll see how this experiment goes!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking quite a bit of alcohol lately. My pattern that I've been improving upon is to cut out alcohol for a month ieach spring and fall to help me transition between ski and cycling seasons. It helps me keep focused on adopting the new routine without getting lazy, and it cuts back on the calories because of the seasonal issues (bad weather for cycling or lack of snow for skiing).

I say this as a preface to my current situation. I'm quitting alcohol for the next 7 weeks. I've regained too much weight, I've gotten a little lazy. I've been skiing a lot, but haven't been in the gym much, and that's bad, for me at least.

So no tequila out of the shot ski for awhile.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    we are here for you Solpwr.

THanks for the suggestion Kim. I should do that. but you have no idea how much I really want a vodka cranberry with a bit of cranberry bitters to tart it up. I know it is because of the stupid sugar I have been eating lately. totally caving into the sugar beast. then I want alcohol. I just need to get a handle on it.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday lushes! Boy, oh boy, did I lush out Saturday! Tequila and dt 7up, 4 of 'em. I didn't eat dinner. Did I ever have a hangover Sunday! I knew it would kick my butt. Back to not drinking....It'll be awhile before I do that again. I was talking to a friend that I hadn't talked to for many years Saturday night....the drinks just went down good. :wink:
    But 29 days and 8.5 lbs down. And still listening to my CDs. All is good!

Looks like the weekend was challenging for some, good for others......forward with our goals!! :drinker: