October 2012 due dates?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'll get my story posted tomorrow! Congrats to you all! Jls and Kerr- thanks for sharing.

I can't believe how different all of stories are- all exciting and amazing.

Caitlin Drew was born 11/6/12 at 12:16 PM- 9 days late!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Caitlin Drew's birth story

I woke up Monday (11/5) around 3 am sick as a dog with horrible upper abdominal pain. I could not get comfortable- sitting, standing, laying, couldn't keep anything down, just basically miserable. I had a 41 wk 2 day ultrasound at noon that I barely made. Baby didn't really move until the last 3 minutes of the appointment- she was practicing breathing and her heartbeat was strong. That was an uncomfortable u/s! Dr. had to go to the hospital before he could talk to me... I cried because my plan was to leave the Dr's office with a plan- an induction date. He wanted me to come back the next day at 9 am. One more day... ugh!

Fast forward to 7:30 pm. I finally fell asleep on the couch but woke up to a strange feeling in my stomach. I got up and started walking around the house. The strange feeling escalated in to contractions. I had DH start timing them and they were coming hot and heavy between 1-4 minutes apart. I talked to my Dr. and he said to go ahead and head in to the hospital.

We check in, I get checked and I'm only dilated to 1.5 cm but my cervix is quite soft. Labored for an hour, rechecked- no progress. The nurse kept telling me the Dr might send me home because this could be early labor... I freaked out a little because I couldn't imagine going through this at home... It hurt SO bad! The Dr. approved a round of NuBane (iv drug) and wanted to check me after another 2 hours. The NuBane was supposed to take the edge off the contractions but did nothing but make me feel like I was loopy. The pain was just as intense. Not fun! During these 2 hours, DH ordered and ate a pizza :) He wasn't allowed to breathe on me because of the smell! Oh also, I never lost my nausea. I was throwing up throughout the whole labor process.

Progress after 3 hours- 2 cm dilated. At this point, Dr. finally let the nurse know I was staying and not being sent home. I was also approved for an epidural at this point. I jumped right on that... I was open to trying this without drugs but took the drugs without hesitation! Oh well! I loved my epidural and will have one again in the future, if we have another child! Anesthesiologist got there an hour later, loaded me up with the epidural and I was virtualy pain free 15 minutes later. So 3 AM and DH and I try to rest/sleep. Dr. shows up at 7 am, walks in, checks my progress (7 cm, yay!) and breaks my water. He said he'll be back when I'm ready to push!

11 am- I'm feeling pressure and think I'm ready to push. Dr. shows up by 11:40 and I start pushing right away. I pushed for 34 minutes and Dr. decided she wasn't coming on her own so I got an episiotomy and she came right out! Dr. had her head and shoulders out and let me pull her out the rest of the way on my own! Such an amazing feeling! I pulled her right up to my chest and immediately fell in love with my baby girl. DH cut the cord after about 10 minutes (waited so long because it was still pulsating and doing it's job- kind of crazy!)

Caitlin Drew was born at 12:16 PM on Tuesday, November 6- Election Day. It was amazing and wonderful!

It's been almost 2 weeks and we're adjusting and trying to find a routine. I'm loving my baby girl and trying to sleep whenever I get the chance haha!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your birth stories Jls & Beckyjill! Congrats to ALL the October/November mommies now!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Yes congrats to all the Oct/Nov mommies!!! Thanks for sharing your stories and experiences!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awesome BeckyJill!!

Yay for all of us...now let's get the weight off!:)
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    ps BeckyJill, I believe we had the same due date- October 28th? My Jovie came on a Tuesday (the 23rd) at 12:16am, and yours came on a Tuesday at 12:16pm! Weird coincidence, right?!:)
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats, BeckyJill!
    I was also approved for an epidural at this point. I jumped right on that... I was open to trying this without drugs but took the drugs without hesitation! Oh well! I loved my epidural and will have one again in the future, if we have another child!

Heck yes! :laugh: I had always planned for an epidural, but I was also open to the idea of trying to go without. There was no way that was happening! And 100% agree with the "if we have another child" part. 3 weeks out and up until a few days ago the appearance/feeling of my nether regions had me thinking Rose would be an only child. We'll likely have more, but not any time soon!
    I pushed for 34 minutes and Dr. decided she wasn't coming on her own so I got an episiotomy and she came right out!

I also ended up with an episiotomy (in addition to the 2nd degree tear) and wasn't too thrilled, but Rose's heart rate was creeping up and was getting too high and she needed to come out.
    Dr. had her head and shoulders out and let me pull her out the rest of the way on my own! Such an amazing feeling! I pulled her right up to my chest and immediately fell in love with my baby girl. DH cut the cord after about 10 minutes (waited so long because it was still pulsating and doing it's job- kind of crazy!)

That's so awesome! Definitely something I'd like to do next time! ("If" there is a next time! :laugh: )
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I don't know if ya'll use the What to Expect app for the iPhone but you should! There's an October 2012 group on there which is still going strong with the little things that crop up now that we've all had our little ones.
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? I don't know if ya'll use the What to Expect app for the iPhone but you should! There's an October 2012 group on there which is still going strong with the little things that crop up now that we've all had our little ones.

Hey there! Everything's going pretty darn good on my end. Jovie seems to be SUPER sensitive to dairy, so I've attempted to cut that out of my diet (it sucks!). BUT on the bright side, she's been sleeping through the night since about 7 weeks!! I've been back to work since about that time- just part-time though, so not too bad.

Would love to stay in touch better with all the October moms, I don't have an Iphone though:( Maybe we could make our own group somewhere on MFP? Those of us who were pretty active (kerrbear, Jls, BeckyJill, talking to you too!)...?