why are you single?

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
just what the question asks. if you had to come up with a reason (and i understand it's complex), why are you single?

Replies

• knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well, that's an easy one for me. Ex decided he was tired of working on the marriage and "couldn't do it anymore". So he filed for divorce.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    The people I want to date don't want to date me and I don't want to date the people who want to date me. I'm also very fat and very picky. If I could change one of those things, dating would probably be a lot easier for me :ohwell:
  • mountainluv
    mountainluv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was married for 15 years. I was tired of the silent treatment and name calling and he didn't want to try to change until I left.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Because I'd rather be single than in a miserable relationship.
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    I have always felt very independant, want to focus on school and finding a great career when i graduate, i really dont think i would have time for a boyfriend now. Although it would be nice, especially with valentines day around the corner lol :)
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well, that's an easy one for me. Ex decided he was tired of working on the marriage and "couldn't do it anymore". So he filed for divorce.

^^ This, except mine added he wanted to sleep with other people
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Too much to type --___-- but it's best that I'm not in that relationship anymore and don't ever want a similar experience again. Btw that was my first and only relationship so Im really new at this "single as an adult" thing :/
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I tend to only attract inappropriate guys :/ I don't know what kind of vibe/impression I give off, but in the last two years I've had nothing but rotten luck!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    shy, lacking confidence, have no game or clue if a girl is into me.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Life`s circumstances.
    Father was almost 60 when I was born and mom was legally blind from birth and then voiceless from throat cancer when I was 21 in the spring of 1986.
    They couldn`t take care of themselves beyond the basics.
    Add in an old crumbling farmhouse in which I was the only income and that pretty well sums it up,no one would have wanted to walk into that.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i think i friend the guys i really like then end up in the "friend" zone.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no clue about guys. Any guy that I have liked, has run at light speed or faster to get away once they've found out I like them. So I stopped trying.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Hummm. Many different reasons :
    I had plans that didn't included having a SO. I knew I wanted to be a surrogate mother and didn't want anyone telling me I could not do it.
    I had a short term relationship and I also got pregnant (oups) so I gave all my energy into my kid since I was a single mom from the start.
    It is easier for me to not know if I am good enought to be loved (call it my mommy issus)
    Men that are attracted to me are not attractive to me.
    I am just plain scared....being single is more comfortable for me.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm a Widower, had 23 years 10 months and 9 days of great marriage.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I work strange hours and never go anywhere to meet anyone.:grumble:
    I usually attract guys that want to be taken care of and I don't want to date a grown child. :huh:
    I lack the confidence to start conversations with guys I find attractive. :embarassed:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Simple...I haven't yet met someone who's made me wanna stop being single. I'm accepting applications, however. :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I probably would've said because I was fat and ugly. But now I guess my only excuse is my intense shyness, lack of friends(IRL) and other poor social skills that I need to work on.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, because I'm attracted to those that aren't attracted to me. I also tend to keep people at a distance. Oh, and all men put me in the "friend" zone.
  • Angela103098
    Options
    Was married for 15 years then my husband decided to get a girlfriend. 3 is a crowd in a marriage! So going through a divorce, but I am actually so much happier! Go figure, he did me a favor!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Was married for 8 years, and then ex (now) decided he was "not happy" anymore and wanted out. Add to that his girlfriend..........and that leaves me single. Didn't think I would ever be "dating" again.........ugh! it is NOT easy..........