why are you single?

Options

Replies

• Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    The people I want to date don't want to date me and I don't want to date the people who want to date me.

Also i am a shut in, basically i go to work come home or visit mom or grandma then the gym and then home. That is my daily schedule. I never go to clubs, bars anywhere :(
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I probably would've said because I was fat and ugly. But now I guess my only excuse is my intense shyness, lack of friends(IRL) and other poor social skills that I need to work on.

this too :(
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Simple...I haven't yet met someone who's made me wanna stop being single. I'm accepting applications, however. :)
    I could not have said this better to describe my situation! :drinker:
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    All the guys I date turn out to be losers and/or crazies. I have yet to find a normal guy. :frown:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Would rather be single it doesn't hurt right now. Not looking to get my heart ripped out again its just now stopped bleeding to death.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well lets see lol
    1. I broke up with my BF of 5 yrs cause he was controlling belittling and just generally depressing. that was almost a year ago.
    2. The guys I end up " seeing" I don't want to be in a relationship with lol.
    3. Relationships are hard work and right now I don't know if I'm up to that again.
    4. Batteries are cheaper than guys lol ( I have this horrible habit of ending up a sugar momma ):blushing:

Though on a plus note I have started dating again. So we will see if someone can help me decided to be in a relationship.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm a widow (for over 11 years now, my husband died from a brain tumor), and I live in a VERY small town, and won't be moving any time soon (have three years until I can take teacher retirement, and then I'll see). Anyway, there are no single guys my age in either the town I live in or teach in that I'd be interested in dating, and at my age........ I spent the first 10 years after my husband's death concentrating on raising my daughter.
    Anyway, not confident in the whole online thing......
    Kaye
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Mostly from choice. I have chosen a job that allows me to travel and establish financial security for my daughter and myself. I'll be doing this for the next 5 - 9 years, then I might actually look to settle down. That is unless I lose my mind over someone in the mean time.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was married a little over 14 years. Like a few others above me I didn't want to live with his girlfriend so we divorced. It's been 4 years and in those 4 years I have managed to meet every crazy single man that lives in my town. So I'm happy on my own. When it happens it will happen. Right now it's all about me and my wonderful kiddos.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Because there are a ton of crazy mother f*ckers out there....

And I'm too awesome to put up with a bunch of bulls*hit...
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Because there are a ton of crazy mother f*ckers out there....

And I'm too awesome to put up with a bunch of bulls*hit...

I really absolutley LMFAO right now...Great answer....
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Was married for 15 years then my husband decided to get a girlfriend. 3 is a crowd in a marriage! So going through a divorce, but I am actually so much happier! Go figure, he did me a favor!

16 years for me....but same scenerio. She can have him. I've also realized how much happier I am now that I can be myself again instead of what he wanted me to be!! I have a voice and I'm not afraid to use it :happy:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    because I'm obviously a freak of nature

1 boyfriend - 5 year stint - senior year through college

single ever since -- no dates since then either -- so, like I said - obviously a freak of nature
  • Freida_MS
    Options
    Was married for 15 years then my husband decided to get a girlfriend. 3 is a crowd in a marriage! So going through a divorce, but I am actually so much happier! Go figure, he did me a favor!

16 years for me....but same scenerio. She can have him. I've also realized how much happier I am now that I can be myself again instead of what he wanted me to be!! I have a voice and I'm not afraid to use it :happy:

9 years for me....but same thing. Hubby decided he wanted to play with other women so I showed him the door. Like you, I'm happy I can be myself again. I'm enjoying being single.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I guess I just haven't found the one yet. I've been in my share of relationships, but they've all ended in heartbreak not happily ever after.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    not to sound self-councious but Im not really pretty and Im fat... the last guy just wanted a hook-up and the guy before that was a creep. Not to mention finding guys at a bar never works
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Simple...I haven't yet met someone who's made me wanna stop being single. I'm accepting applications, however. :)

Yes, this, TOO!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I wasted most of my 30's on the wrong guy...now I think I'm really wary and not ready to trust anyone.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I just got out of a 10 year marriage... He was unfaithful although I tried to make it work but you can't make a relationship work all by yourself. I finally accepted that and it liberated me.

I am trying to make it a point to stay single for a while and just work on myself and be okay with ME... although, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I have been alone for a long time.. even married I was alone... dating makes me want to have that closeness with someone again. So if I should meet someone, I'd go for it.
    Right now, the only guy I was interested in THAT way, put me in the friend zone. Meh. I don't click with many as I'm a bit eccentric... so when I find someone I click with, it's explosive. His loss.
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    I don't have much of a social life (blame location!) and my workplace is overwhelmingly older females, so the dating pool is slim! Also, I've had relationships end because I'm a bit too headstrong and assertive for some.