why are you single?

Options

Replies

• lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Simple...I haven't yet met someone who's made me wanna stop being single. I'm accepting applications, however. :)

Lol this too :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    seriously? because i'm:

busy
    picky
    unhappy with my body
    undecided on whether or not i even want a relationship
    divorced
    anti-children (no single parents, no ticking time bombs)
    working on me
    content being alone
    difficult to please (see "picky")
    selfish
    sexually insatiable

and most of all....

because it isn't time yet.
  • cbanks72
    cbanks72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! As I read your comments I see you are smart, funny, attractive folks----and we are all in the "same boat"! thank you for letting me know I am not alone in this--so I guess it isnt looks but timing and what you are wanting in a life partner. Wishing you all the best in finding the "one".
  • hobbitgrrl
    Options
    I'm single because I'm being really picky this time. I got married for all the wrong reasons, and I don't want to repeat the same mistakes. Besides, after nearly 11 years of being single, I've found that I'm pretty good company! :drinker:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    not to sound self-councious but Im not really pretty and Im fat... the last guy just wanted a hook-up and the guy before that was a creep. Not to mention finding guys at a bar never works

Just looked at your full profile pic, I can't see your face properly but you certainly don't look unpretty :/ And you're not that fat either, you look like a normal girl. Don't be so hard on on yourself :flowerforyou:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    There are probably a ton of reasons why I'm single, most of them self-inflicted:

I like a lot of time to myself, when I have been in relationships it's usually been with someone I don't see all the time (working away during the week, living in a different town etc.) This suits me, I'm a bit of a loner and need time to myself.

I find most people my age seem a lot older: interests, lifestyle, looks etc. I'm a young 40 and relate more to younger people BUT I don't want to date a 25 year old :/ People think I'm younger than I am, partly because I look younger and partly because I'm not where most 40 year-olds are in life. I have no kids, never been married, no hot shot career etc.

I work with my family so no chance of meeting a guy at work

I don't go out much, and I live in the equivalent of a small town. I'm English but live in a Spanish speaking country. My Spanish isn't up to scratch yet so I'm limited to other English speakers here.

The rest is plain old bad luck. I've had relationships but none have worked out that great. I've noticed though that I had way more interest from guys when I was fat. What's that about eh?

I'm not a miserable single, most of the time I'm happy with my own company but it would be nice to date someone at some point.
  • supernurse_stacy
    Options
    Why?? Because no one wants me!!!

I'm 43....never married.....have RARELY dated....and only attract mentally coo-coo guys or guys who can't keep from 'hitting the bottle".....and for me, as soon as I bring up that I'm a church-going christian lady, it usually turns them off, which is sad.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Because I need to work on Lexie! I can't walk with someone till I learn how to walk alone first
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Never imagined I'd be single again! But my almost-ex thought it was ok to control every penny I spent, tell me where I can and cannot go, insult me, talk about other women, tell me that every single thing I did was wrong and refused to help out with his own kids. Once he called me a F&*ing idiot out in public, I made my plans to get out of there. So - here I am. Single as can be!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lost my fiance when I was 21 and just haven't met anyone since that I can really be bothered with. I think a lot of guys my age are put off that I was with someone for so long and went through all that - they assume it means I have "issues" but if I did, I wouldn't have bothered starting to date again! Grrr
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Turned out my ex wasn't who I thought he was. He literally lied to me until he couldn't fake it anymore. Turned out he had a long criminal record, and a serious history of drug abuse... he ended up stealing from the kids and I, lying and cheating, until I found him with a needle in his arm and even then he wasn't honest. Told me they were steroids... I had no clue. I've never had to deal with drugs. I suspected they were involved after a time, but we had decided to start a family, and I was pregnant, and I really didn't want to see it. I kept trying to work on things - get counseling etc until it was just so bad, there was no point. I don't even know who I was in love with, because it turned out that he was a someone completely different. I felt like such an idiot, I haven't dated anyone in two years now... I just can't deal with another mess like that, and I've got to work on me for a while.
    Once I'm happy with myself, and where I'm at, I'll consider dating again.

..crazy huh? :/
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Turned out my ex wasn't who I thought he was. He literally lied to me until he couldn't fake it anymore. Turned out he had a long criminal record, and a serious history of drug abuse... he ended up stealing from the kids and I, lying and cheating, until I found him with a needle in his arm and even then he wasn't honest. Told me they were steroids... I had no clue. I've never had to deal with drugs. I suspected they were involved after a time, but we had decided to start a family, and I was pregnant, and I really didn't want to see it. I kept trying to work on things - get counseling etc until it was just so bad, there was no point. I don't even know who I was in love with, because it turned out that he was a someone completely different. I felt like such an idiot, I haven't dated anyone in two years now... I just can't deal with another mess like that, and I've got to work on me for a while.
    Once I'm happy with myself, and where I'm at, I'll consider dating again.

..crazy huh? :/

Not crazy, very smart and pretty much what a lot of us are doing. Good luck and many here will support you.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    In past years, was because my life and my opinion of myself got in the way.

But after alot of "work" both mentally and physically, I feel like its a new day and a new me! Still have goals to accomplish on the outside, but the inside is SO much happier and healthier.

Looking forward to seeing what (or who??) is in store for me. :bigsmile:
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I am never settling again. I have done it with two previous wives, and dammit, I'm better than that. I've gotten extremely set in what I want in a woman as a partner. Not finding anyone with those qualities.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Long story short?
    - broke off a 5 year relationship, shouldn't have settled
    - had moved out of province, so moved back to Ontario, took some courses so living with Dad
    - would have moved out and gotten a FT job but... Dad got cancer
    - Dad battled cancer and won! However, maybe not, waiting on results :'(

So, living at home, still taking courses (online) and honestly I don't have the emotional energy to invest.

Am working on me instead!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I used to think it was the weight thing but since I have lost almost 60 lbs now, I don't know what it is anymore.

I do seem to pick guys that don't want to be in relationships or sabotage things because I overanalyze things. I just am at the point that since I have been single for 10 years now, I am not going to settle. It is hard for be to let my guard down because I have been used and hurt too much already.
  • I tend to only attract inappropriate guys :/ I don't know what kind of vibe/impression I give off, but in the last two years I've had nothing but rotten luck!

I can relate. I tend to draw guys that give me bad vibes. I just keep my chin up and smile on figuring my day will come. Yours will too :)
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think it's because I travel all the time for work, but it's probably that I'm weird and don't like things normal girls like.
  • browneyedgurl08
    Options
    never met a guy that wanted to go out with me, they just wanted to be my best friend & get advice from me to get the girl they wanted. sucks! =(
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    All the guys I date turn out to be losers and/or crazies. I have yet to find a normal guy. :frown:

wow I have the same thing about women and i just thought it was me... :ohwell: