Hello

Options
I started this already. I am in week 2, day 10. The no cardio has been hard for me so far since I have already been working out. However, I am using this to help me learn how to lift weights and stayon a program. I am not following the meal plan 100%. I am following her suggestions of what areas to eat, but am using my own food as I have been successful so far with it. I haven't noticed much muscular differences so far. I read on her Facebook, that by the middle part you should weight the same but have a different look. So we'll see. I have seen some good before and afters, so hopefully my muscles follow. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited to start this, too. I posted a topic on the boards yesterday and a few people pointed me to bodybuilding.com, so that was a great place to start. I had absolutely no idea where to begin as far as weightlifting goes, but after about a 1/2 hour on there, at least I had a direction to go! I'm going to have to make a list of foods (even though I eat pretty decent, I'm not a big clean eater. . . but I'll try) and see what equipment I need to get this weekend (for at home stuff), and I plan on starting this coming Sunday. I'm a little nervous to go in the weight room at our gym so I talked my hubby into going with me Sunday morning (while it's hopefully slow!) so he can show me how to use a few different pieces of equipment. Like I said, I'm a noob at this, so we'll see! I'm willing to give it all I got though, so I can speed up this slimming down process. :) Strictly cardio is just not getting me anywhere.

ETA: Feel free to add me! :)
  • tesoro83
    Options
    I just started this week and I'm so excited! Like amandacochran I'm not following the meal plan 100% but I do use it as a guide on how much to eat, how often and so on and so on. Today I'm doing day 4 at the gym which means shoulders and abs. I'm still pretty sore from the first workouts so I probably won't be able do give it a 100% like I want to :wink:
  • mcandyr
    Options
    I am on day 5 and loving it. I am sore but not so much that I can't continue. I am in it to lose those last few pounds and tone up. I am not sure about using any fat burners or protein drinks but I do take a multivitamin and other supplements. We'll see how this goes.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    amandacochran:

Congrats on making it to almost week 3 now. I think everyone kind of tweeks the food part a little. I'm trying to stay with the main concept as well, especially with the protein, supplements, eating 6 small meals per day, and drinking water.

Where did you see the before and afters- facebook?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    stenochick041

Haha...yea, the food part is hard. I'm really trying to follow as much as possible though but it's kind of overwhelming and confusing. I might create a place for all of us to put meal ideas in, that might help.

I'm not so sure about those protein muffins either, they don't sound to good- I hear they aren't bad though. I might try them later. I'm on day 2 and I've been doing great so far with eating clean. I definitely think you have to set aside a day to organize/shop/plan meals for each week. I seem to do that anyway since counting calories.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about your progress!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    tesoro83

Hey there....You on prob on day 5 by now, please keep posting your progress in phase 1. It seems you are just a little ahead of me, I'd love to hear how it's going for you. I'm on day 2 now.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    mcandyr

Hey there, it seems like the protein is one of the most important parts though when we are working out so intensely. One of the other members was telling me if we don't eat enough calories & protein we could be injured, which I've heard before.... So just something to keep in mind. Do you take any of the other supplements she recommended?

Are you in week 2 now?? What do you think?
    Please keep us posted on your progress, I'm only on day 2 so I'd love to hear what to expect :wink:
  • tesoro83
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My first week started great until Thursday afternoon when I came down with the flu :sick:
    I want to give this exercise plan 100% and my hope is that the results will inspire me to continue losing weight and getting into the best shape of my life. In order for that to happen the foundation from the first phase has to be solid so my thoughts are that I should repeat week 1. Will let you guys know tomorrow what I decide to do :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Sorry to hear that tesoro83. I hope you feel better. I think starting fresh wouldn't be a bad idea...especially since it's the first week.
  • ehsquared
    Options
    Hey everyone! After I saw this group I decided to look up the plan and I am so excited to say that I have ordered all the supplements needed have my meal plans in check and will be starting tomorrow. I'm am looking for all the support I can get. I seem to always start similar program ( although without the supplements and meal plan) and tend to fall off the wagon 6 weeks in. So cheers to the first day of the next 12 weeks of my life. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other in our journeys! (this time I think I will even take before photos, even if just for myself to keep myself in check and motivated)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hey there ehsquared,
    Welcome to the group. Congratulations on starting your new goals. Please keep us posted as much as possible on your progress!! Also, I'd love to hear any advise/tips on the food part of it.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    This is beginning of week 2 for me today. I'm going to work out after I get off work tonight. I haven't looked at it closely yet but I'm thinking all of the work outs are the same for phase 1? I'll let you know...I'll also post about my workout later.
    How is everyone else doing?
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had been searching for some kind of plan so that I could back in to strength training and ran across this. I posted in the other group for Jamie's LiveFit but didn't really get any kind of response, so needless to say I didn't start as planned 2 weeks ago!!

I was so excited to get an invite from fitgirl to join this group and have some support and motivation! So after seeing her invite early this morning, I dragged my butt to the gym and did the first workout! OMG, its been a long time since I've done any weight lifting and it feel so good to be back!!! Yes, I felt a little trembly in my shoulders!!! I love it!!!

As far as her nutrition plan, I posted on that other group about this too, and not response....anyways, not prepared to do it 100% at this time. For the most part, I've been tracking my macro's and focusing on getting lots of protein in, eating smaller and more frequent meals, and drinking my water!

WE can do this ladies! Tomorrow, If I can get hubby to....I am taking before pictures so I can compare as well as remeasuring so I have a baseline on my results!!

Good luck to all and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hey there debwaid :flowerforyou:

Welcome and congratulations on starting your first day!!
    Yes, we are all new to this too, all still in phase one, so this will be more fun for you. Also, I check this blog at least once a day so you should always get a pretty quick response here.

Haha...yes day 1 kicks your butt!!
    I think you are on the right track with the nutrition plan. That is exactly what I "try" and focus on as well.

Also, I like the idea of measuring yourself, I made a point to do that as well because with this we are building muscle and toning up, so I think are noticeable results will be in the loss of inches and not so much weight. At the end of phase 1 I will let you guys know if I lost any inches/weight.

Debwaid, please post as much as possible letting us know what you think of it and if you have any questions. Especially your 1st week!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Oops, posted this elsewhere in this group.....

So glad to have received this invite to be in this group! I did go to the gym this morning and did my first workout...Phase 1, work out 1 and it wasn't easy either! I'm with you fitgirl on the pushups.....I started out doing regular ones but couldn't make it all the way through! And the narrow ones were even harder!!

A little about me

I'm 50 yrs old and live in North Carolina for almost 3 years now, after living most of my entire life in Georgia! Back home in Ga, I had gotten very heavy and hired a personal trainer and with his help got to around 160 lbs...not where I wanted the scale to be but I had alot of muscle and looked pretty good! After breaking all 3 bones of my right ankle in Dec of 2006, needless to say my time at the gym came to screeching halt! After some time I was able to start back. Then just over 3 years ago, I was in a car accident and hurt my neck pretty bad. Then shortly after that, we moved here and everything changed! I was in the best shape I had been since high school weighing about 147, but the injuries to my neck left me pretty sedentary. I still have pain and some days are worse than others, but decided I had to do something about the weight that I've gained since moving away from my hometown, family and friends. So, back in the summer, I downloaded the MFP and used it some, but it was summer time, so vacations got in the way, family visits, friends coming for visits, days at the lake, etc.....So January 2012 rolled around and I decided its time to get my life back together and lose the weight for the last time! I started using MFP again and really watching my food intake, concentrating on eating plenty of protein and drinking lots of water. Gym time has been sporadic....I really wish I had friends here in NC. Only a few and they just aren't going to do what I'd decided I was determined to do!

Which let me to this group!! I knew from my time working with a personal trainer, that its lifting that truly burns the fat, so I looked here to find a group to hang out with!! To share my thoughts, support, ask questions, share recipes and who knows what else!! So I am not entirely right on with the nutrition part of it as this time, but I intend to make some of her protein bars and even bought the turkey to make the muffins! So girls, let's get to the gym and kick some butt and burn some fat!!!

Debbie
    PS I will be remeasuring and taking pictures in the next couple of days!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Hey there Debbie,

Sorry to hear about your injuries. I love that you are still working at it though and not letting it hold you back. It sounds like you have excellent knowledge and experience with weight loss and nutrition, being that you have seen and worked with professionals. I’m guessing you will help us a lot!!

I hear NC and GA are both beautiful!! Sorry you haven’t made to many friends yet, I know how you feels, I just moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It’s a beautiful city but I haven’t met too many people yet, especially since I work from home. :ohwell: One awesome thing about Milwaukee though is that it’s right on Lake Michigan and I live about a block away from the lake and the running/bicycle trails. So it’s a great place to go in the summer. :smile:

Anyway, as far as MFP, I think the biggest thing for me also has been the nutrition part of it all so I'm excited to share ideas. I did see that you made some kind of chicken cilantro recipe in the slow cooker. I LOVE crock pot cooking, and I love chicken and cilantro, so I ended going to recipe.com and looking that one up, I'll be making it this week, I'll let you know what I think of it. :tongue:
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hey there Debbie,

Sorry to hear about your injuries. I love that you are still working at it though and not letting it hold you back. It sounds like you have excellent knowledge and experience with weight loss and nutrition, being that you have seen and worked with professionals. I’m guessing you will help us a lot!!

I hear NC and GA are both beautiful!! Sorry you haven’t made to many friends yet, I know how you feels, I just moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It’s a beautiful city but I haven’t met too many people yet, especially since I work from home. :ohwell: One awesome thing about Milwaukee though is that it’s right on Lake Michigan and I live about a block away from the lake and the running/bicycle trails. So it’s a great place to go in the summer. :smile:

Anyway, as far as MFP, I think the biggest thing for me also has been the nutrition part of it all so I'm excited to share ideas. I did see that you made some kind of chicken cilantro recipe in the slow cooker. I LOVE crock pot cooking, and I love chicken and cilantro, so I ended going to recipe.com and looking that one up, I'll be making it this week, I'll let you know what I think of it. :tongue:

Thanks, I was lucky to gain all the knowledge but I'm learning again!!! I love my Crock Pot too! I think I've cooked in almost every day for the past week! I just turned on to Pinterest, and that's where I found the recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken......it's delicious! I'd be glad to share some of my goodies!!

Both states are very beautiful, just a little more difficult to make new friends when I don't work. I did work for almost a year at the mall. I loved the people I met and worked with but hated the job. Way too much pressure in retail, especially when they don't compensate you for it! Its great that you can work from home, but it does have its drawbacks!! I live in a suburb of Charlotte, and the city has tons of parks with walking trails, etc ....love this as I lived in a small town back in GA.

Well, got my protein shake in and will be headed to the gym shortly! BTW, my shoulder's and arms are sore!! Have a good day everyone!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to start the Live Fit program Monday, Feb. 27. I'm going to use Sunday was my prep day to get ready for the week. I was wondering if you 'vets' had any tips for me. I'm excited to start, but also nervous. I'm not completely comfortable on the free weight sife of the gym. I checked out this thread a bit. From what I can see, food is the biggest chalenge. I'm really worried about that too.

Thanks in advance.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to start the Live Fit program Monday, Feb. 27. I'm going to use Sunday was my prep day to get ready for the week. I was wondering if you 'vets' had any tips for me. I'm excited to start, but also nervous. I'm not completely comfortable on the free weight sife of the gym. I checked out this thread a bit. From what I can see, food is the biggest chalenge. I'm really worried about that too.

Thanks in advance.

I'm certainly no vet! I will start week 2 tomorrow! As far as the working out goes, it's great and such an easy plan to follow! You will do fine at the gym. We all feel a little anxious once we step into the gym into new territory! I will say I have tried some of the recipes and the food isn't all that bad! I am trying to move completely into her nutrition plan.
    Welcome and good luck to you...keep us posted!!

Debbie
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

Thanks in advance.

Welcome sumnerfan :flowerforyou:
    I'm not vet either. I just finished week 3 but wasn't paying attention and did the exact same work outs as week 1 & 2. So my advise regarding that is to watch for the changes in reps/workouts in week 3 and 4 of phase 1. I have decided to start week 3 over again.
    None of us have made it to phase 2 yet, so we are all new and trying to bounce ideas/recipes etc off of each other, so please keep us posted on your progress and any recipe and food ideas. As far as food goes, as I'm sure you've read, my main thing has been just trying to knock out all the processed foods completely and eating a lot of protein. I've been able to do that by taking one day each week and kind of planing out my meals before I go shopping, than I go to the store and get TONNSS of fresh fruits and vegetables and meat etc. One thing I remember Jamie Eason saying on one of her videos that I try to remember is, "The processed foods are mainly found down the isles, everything you need is in the outer isles", or something like that, if you think about it, that's totally true. All the chips pops, cookies, microwavable/boxed dinners etc are down the isles. Anyway, good luck to you and please post as much as possible, I check every day and love hearing how it's going for people.