Hello

Options

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was able to do all sets of the regular pushups! Normal ones, not on my knees! I'm in a group challenge and on Saturday, our challenge was to do as many pushups (normal) as we could. I was able to do 15. All this is great, only I think I've hurt myself! I felt it on Saturday first...abdominal pain on the left side and again yesterday during my workout! Nat first I thought it was just a sore muscle from my ab workout from last week. Now I'm not sure as it hurts when I cough or bend. Any thoughts?
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @debwaid -- maybe you pulled a muscle? Kind of what it sounds like to me.

Congrats on the pushups, by the way! I can only do, like, 5. Pushups are by far the most difficult things for me to do. I try. . . but that seems to be the weakest part of all my parts. :grumble: I'm thinking instead of doing them only when I have to (in the workouts) maybe setting a mini-goal of doing, say 10 per day might help me get stronger and just build up from there. It's frustrating.
  • debwaid
    Options
    @debwaid -- maybe you pulled a muscle? Kind of what it sounds like to me.

Congrats on the pushups, by the way! I can only do, like, 5. Pushups are by far the most difficult things for me to do. I try. . . but that seems to be the weakest part of all my parts. :grumble: I'm thinking instead of doing them only when I have to (in the workouts) maybe setting a mini-goal of doing, say 10 per day might help me get stronger and just build up from there. It's frustrating.
    I'm hoping it's just a pulled muscle, or just sore from the workouts! I don't want or need an injury! I've been debating all morning on whether I should do my workout and have decided that, YES, I am! Today is back and biceps, so unless I feel the pain while doing the back exercises, I'm gonna give it my all! I was pretty stoked about the pushups!! I think having the daily challenges with the other group have helped me in being able to do them, so setting a goal like that will help you get stronger! Good luck!!

Off to the gym!
  • twinsmom903
    Options
    I'm in P1/W1/D3. I'm following the meal plan the best I can til I go to the grocery store Saturday and then will begin prepping for next week's meals. I'm really excited about this and hope I can find and give encouragement where it is needed.

Thank you,
    Melissa
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm in P1/W1/D3. I'm following the meal plan the best I can til I go to the grocery store Saturday and then will begin prepping for next week's meals. I'm really excited about this and hope I can find and give encouragement where it is needed.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Hey there Melissa
    Welcome:flowerforyou:. Congrats on starting the 12 week program. You on are day 3 of week 1, that's good. Please keep us posted on your progress, recipes/food ideas, and anything else.
  • debwaid
    Options

Thank you,
    Melissa
    Welcome Melissa!! You can do it!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    debwaid, I didn't see your earlier post until today. How are you feeling? I hope you aren't still hurting to bad. Also, congrats on the 15 push ups, that's awesome!!:wink:
  • debwaid
    Options
    debwaid, I didn't see your earlier post until today. How are you feeling? I hope you aren't still hurting to bad. Also, congrats on the 15 push ups, that's awesome!!:wink:
    I am not hurting as bad as I did this morning. I couldn't do all of my workout today though. I did everything but I could only do one set of the underhanded grip pull-downs. Just felt too much strain in my lower ab. Its like when I Iay flat (in bed) that I seem to feel more of the pain. Thanks for asking....just trying to keep up but not over do!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I am not hurting as bad as I did this morning. I couldn't do all of my workout today though. I did everything but I could only do one set of the underhanded grip pull-downs. Just felt too much strain in my lower ab. Its like when I Iay flat (in bed) that I seem to feel more of the pain. Thanks for asking....just trying to keep up but not over do!

Aww... That's a bummer.
    But I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Keep me posted on that. Hopefully it's completely healed soon.
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm new to the group and to the program. I was invited by debwaid! (thanks!). I am in Phase 1 week 1 right now...today is a rest day for me.

My name is Sherri and currently living in IL. I'm originally from NC though. My husband is active duty Air Force and is currently deployed down range. My goal is be at my goal weight and strong and healthy by the time he returns home this summer. The scale hadn't been moving and I was getting so frustrated. I hired a personal trainer at my gym and he told me I was doing too much cardio and not enough strength. So, that's when a fellow MFP friend posted about this program and I started looking into it. So glad I did!

I don't do the menu plan, as I have been eating healthy before, and my job has me burning a lot of calories, so I tend to have to eat more during the day to compensate for that.

Hoping to get some motivation and lots of support here!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm new to the group and to the program. I was invited by debwaid! (thanks!). I am in Phase 1 week 1 right now...today is a rest day for me.

My name is Sherri and currently living in IL. I'm originally from NC though. My husband is active duty Air Force and is currently deployed down range. My goal is be at my goal weight and strong and healthy by the time he returns home this summer. The scale hadn't been moving and I was getting so frustrated. I hired a personal trainer at my gym and he told me I was doing too much cardio and not enough strength. So, that's when a fellow MFP friend posted about this program and I started looking into it. So glad I did!

I don't do the menu plan, as I have been eating healthy before, and my job has me burning a lot of calories, so I tend to have to eat more during the day to compensate for that.

You're welcome....glad to have you here! I knew from working out with a personal trainer before, just how important it is to lift! That's how I found Jamie's program too! Knowing that I needed to start lifting again but not able to remember what a good workout was/is! I am in Phase 1, Week 2 (which I repeated) and I have to share this with you.....Just this morning, I could actually feel my bicep muscle. A little hard knot where its actually growing!! YAY!!! That is so cool and a real motivator that this program is working! I am trying to follow her eating plan, probably not to a T though. Next week, My goal is to do just that, even if it means complete boredom and eating the same thing every day! Just to see how well it works together!

And YEP I am completely stoked about starting Week 3 next week!!!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

Hey there Sherri,
    Welcome to the group.:flowerforyou:
    I bet a lot of people, (especially woman) make that same mistake of doing to much cardio. That's awesome though that was your biggest mistake. I'm originally from IL. myself, (the Chicago suburbs). I now live in Milwaukee, Wi. It's a nice city.
    We will definitely keep you going here, so keep us posted on your progress and feel free to ask any questions.
    PS... We've all pretty much agreed the food part is the hardest thing to get down, just do your best with that, and feel free to share any recipes you might come across during your journey.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Well ladies, it's Week 3 for me. My work out plan for the day got screwed up,for they day. We are building our new house here in NC, and our builder wanted to meet this morning. So tomorrow will be my first workout for week 3 (legs). Yesterday, I told my self that this week, I would concentrate on following her eating plan as close as possible.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in NC, the first day of Daylight Savings time so my great nieces came over. They are 6 and 4 and are just learning to ride their bikes without training wheels. So they had me get my bike out of the attic and I spend a nice afternoon on a leisurely ride!! I love this time of year!!!

Good luck ladies....come back here and tell us how you are doing!!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Well ladies, it's Week 3 for me. My work out plan for the day got screwed up,for they day. We are building our new house here in NC, and our builder wanted to meet this morning. So tomorrow will be my first workout for week 3 (legs). Yesterday, I told my self that this week, I would concentrate on following her eating plan as close as possible.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in NC, the first day of Daylight Savings time so my great nieces came over. They are 6 and 4 and are just learning to ride their bikes without training wheels. So they had me get my bike out of the attic and I spend a nice afternoon on a leisurely ride!! I love this time of year!!!

That sounds really nice. What a nice day. Your nieces sound adorable. Good for you for sticking with all of this when you are having a home built too.
    I love this time of year too, I can't wait for summer!
    I'm in the middle of week 4. I will definitely post when I finish because than I will be starting Phase 2!! I can't wait =)
  • debwaid
    Options

Thanks Crystal!

That sounds really nice. What a nice day. Your nieces sound adorable. Good for you for sticking with all of this when you are having a home built too.
    I'm in the middle of week 4. I will definitely post when I finish because than I will be starting Phase 2!! I can't wait =)
  • debwaid
    Options

Thanks Crystal!

That was a screwed up quote/reply!! Guess that's what I get for trying at the crack of dawn, before coffee!!
    Thanks Crystal.....we had a great Sunday afternoon riding bikes. I can't wait for summer...ready to hit the lake, looking better than I did last summer!!!

9692197.png
  • Missa1350
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope I'm doing this right - I'm pretty new to MFP and Jamie Eason's program. I started the '12 Week Burning the Fat Program' on Feb. 27th...and I'm still going strong in week 3.

I definitely will post before/after pics from this program...then I'll move onto JEason's next program =)

Start weight: 164
    12 week Goal Weight: 152
    Overall Goal Weight: 130
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope I'm doing this right - I'm pretty new to MFP and Jamie Eason's program. I started the '12 Week Burning the Fat Program' on Feb. 27th...and I'm still going strong in week 3.

I definitely will post before/after pics from this program...then I'll move onto JEason's next program =)

Hi and welcome! I'm in week 3, first day! Glad to have you here!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

Hey there...
    Congrats on sticking with it. I'm almost done with week 4 myself. I'm looking forward to seeing any before and after photos, I'm taking some at the end of each phase to track progress.
    Does Jamie Eason have more programs??
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am currently in phase 3, week 9, day 59 of the program, and I LOVE it!
    I don't faithfully stick to the meal plan, but I try very hard to eat clean, and increase my protein and water intake.
    I have noticed major results to date... I have some very nice muscle definition in my arms, shoulders and legs. I have dropped several inches around my waist, and I am able to lift alot heavier weights than when I first started. I would recommend this program to anyone. I am really kicking things up a notch in phase 3 (it's pretty intense) but I am so excited for the end result.... The finish line is in sight :)
    If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to try and help answer them....
    Or please add me as a friend :)
    Lauri