Replies

• jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Completed Cardio 2. Only 3 more days left til I move on to new wrkouts
  • Severshe
    Severshe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what your results were for Phase 1?
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Ok, call me crazy but I LOVE cardio 2! Its insane enough to keep you from getting board and stops just short of making you puke. I loved the lat pull sit ups because my arms are still hurting enough to tell me I was working them! On the plus side, I lost another 2.5 lbs !!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Workout 5 & 6. Hmmmm. What is that warm up in 5? I've never done yoga before, and it was very awkward. I think w/o 5 was okay, but I really loved 6. I've been waiting for her to kick it up in the glutes, and man do I feel it today. But it's the good feeling of knowing that you worked every angle. As far as cardio 2 goes, I just can't do it. It is way to much pounding on my knees. I attempted her 30 day shred 2 years ago and ended up tearing the patella (sp?) tendon on my right knee. So I keep the jumping to the 4 w/o's each week and will find another cardio to do Wed./Sat.

Good luck evryone and keep up the great work!!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of phase 2. Holy crape those lat pulls/sit ups are insane! I did them all but am sure feeling it now! Cardio is tomorrow. And I am a little worried...

I'm right there with you! Last night was day 2 of phase 2. I actually liked the lat pulls/sit ups, and I was amazed that I was able to do all of them with 8 lb. weights. The weighted supermans are a whole 'nother story...more like weighted belly flops!! I had a hard enough time doing those without weights in workout 2.

Otherwise, I felt pretty good about the workout. I'm just a little worried that I may not be getting the most out of it because I'm struggling with proper form on a few of the moves, like the single leg squat/statue of liberty thing...WTF??? Are you trying to kill me Jillian?

Also....loved the lat pull/ sit ups....but what the....weighted superman's...I tried to use 3 lb's...and my hands turned to me like sock puppets and asked what meds I started taking?!? :bigsmile:
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I cheated and did Workout 6 once already and I'm tempted to try Workout 5 and Cardio 2 too. I previewed 5 and it looked tough!

I did think 6 was a bit too advanced for me so I know I need to be patient and wait until I technically get into week 5 ;)

Great job ladies!

just wanted to appreciate ur determination.... keep it up u r an inspiration :)
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Hi ladies! Workout 5 & 6. Hmmmm. What is that warm up in 5? I've never done yoga before, and it was very awkward. I think w/o 5 was okay, but I really loved 6. I've been waiting for her to kick it up in the glutes, and man do I feel it today. But it's the good feeling of knowing that you worked every angle. As far as cardio 2 goes, I just can't do it. It is way to much pounding on my knees. I attempted her 30 day shred 2 years ago and ended up tearing the patella (sp?) tendon on my right knee. So I keep the jumping to the 4 w/o's each week and will find another cardio to do Wed./Sat.

The warm up is several yoga moves that flow together. It can be difficult at first, but trust me, you get the hang of it. You do a sun salutation, breathing in while raising arms ups, dive your upper body down and touch fingers to toes, lift up slightly and touch your calves with a flat back, then put your palms flat on the floor and jump your feet back so you are in a plank, lower into chattaronga, which is a half push up, up dog- thighs off the ground, down dog, then jump your feet back to starting position. Sounds like a lot, but the flow of it makes it easier than it sounds.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options

The warm up is several yoga moves that flow together. It can be difficult at first, but trust me, you get the hang of it. You do a sun salutation, breathing in while raising arms ups, dive your upper body down and touch fingers to toes, lift up slightly and touch your calves with a flat back, then put your palms flat on the floor and jump your feet back so you are in a plank, lower into chattaronga, which is a half push up, up dog- thighs off the ground, down dog, then jump your feet back to starting position. Sounds like a lot, but the flow of it makes it easier than it sounds.

Great explanation of a sun salutation! I'm just finishing up week 2, but I'm excited for week 5 & 6 knowing yoga is infused so well into the workout (I loved the weighted Warrior 2 move in workout 1...you don't have to use weights, though). Definitely looking forward to that!
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout 6 for the last time. I start week 7 on Monday, so good luck to you all. Workout 5 really helped tone my triceps and workout 6 gave me the ab workout I have been wanting. Can't wait for workout 7 on Monday.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cardio 2 my last week of wrkout 6. Can't believe 2mrw is the first week I start wrkouts 7 & 8. Lookin forward 2 sum dif wrkouts.
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    Weeks 5 and 6 are tough. I'm modifying the program a bit and I'm going to spend three weeks on workouts 5 and 6. I don't feel like I have everything down enough to move on. I'm in no rush anyways. In all I'm actually really, really enjoying this program.
  • simsima45
    Options
    I had a question about results - Im finishing up week 5 and I've only lost 5.8 lbs. In fact I gained this week. I haven't missed a day of the program so far and I eat 1300 calories a day and cut out alcohol. I'm a little despondent about my lack of pounds coming off.
    Anyone else having the same problem?
    How often is everyone weighing in?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I cheated and did Workout 6 once already and I'm tempted to try Workout 5 and Cardio 2 too. I previewed 5 and it looked tough!

I did think 6 was a bit too advanced for me so I know I need to be patient and wait until I technically get into week 5 ;)

Great job ladies!

just wanted to appreciate ur determination.... keep it up u r an inspiration :)

thanks! :D
  • Acaravello
    Options
    I just started Phase 2 this week and after workouts 5 & 6 I must say I'm a little nervous about Cardio 2 tomorrow!! I really like the new moves but I had a hard time with quite a few of them, my balance is horrible.....the one legged squat/statue of liberty thing?? Yea I was falling all over the place lol. All in all I'm enjoying this program so far but it does take me a little bit to perfect the form and get the move right, and by that time it's on to the next workout.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Week 6!! I do cardio tomorrow. Anybody else exhausted? I don't know if its the weather or what, but the workoits feel harder this week!
  • Acaravello
    Options
    I don't think it's the weather, the workouts are DEFINITELY harder this week! I'm supposed to start Cardio 2 today and every muscle in my body hurts from workouts 5 & 6. I've heard cardio 2 is tough so I'll admit I'm a little nervous about it!
  • mheightchew
    Options
    I see ab muscles!!!!! And arm jiggle is definitely decreasing!!!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi I will start phase 2(workouts 5,6 and cardio 2) workout 5 tomorrow.I have not been able to do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution My power and electric was knocked out from a storm.But I am excited to start phase 2 tomorrow.I never got that far before.
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Ok.I made it to phase 2 workout 5 on Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.I'm proud of myself I made it this far.Yes.It's harder than phase one.It has alot of upper body work.She says she want's me to feel crippled.I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that LOL.I am pretty sore now.Have a great day everyone :happy:
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok.I made it to phase 2 workout 5 on Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.I'm proud of myself I made it this far.Yes.It's harder than phase one.It has alot of upper body work.She says she want's me to feel crippled.I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that LOL.I am pretty sore now.Have a great day everyone :happy:

Keep up the great work! I have one more workout of #6 tomorrow, and then on to week 7! I'm happy with the progression. By the time I did workout #5 for the third time, I could get through all of circuit 3 without stopping--quite a feat! That is a brutal set for the arms.