Introduction - New Members

Options

Replies

• Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. It's always good to have companions when we set out on a quest. It's a long road, but don't get discouraged, we'll be right along side you.
  • nbraun0517
    Options
    Hi I'm Nat and I will be biking my way to Mordor! I am a big fan of LOR, so thanks for the fun ride :)

31569014.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CatloverNYC
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holly, and I love LOTR. I've read the books, seen the movies, and played the strategy game (battle for middle earth) and the mmorpg (LOTRO). I'm just getting into jogging with my husband, and we use fit its. I'll start my journey from Bag End tomorrow!
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am Jim and I am IN!! I am 41 and have just started training for my first Triathlon. One doesn't simply WALK into Mordor, so I'll swim, bike, and run there!

I love the idea of the big map to mark my progress! Anyone got a link wo a decent (yet affordable) wall map?
  • Farasgranddaughter
    Options
    It's full dark and I've jumped the hedge, went through the gate and onto the lane headed west.... My name's Joann and I'm a fan of all things Middle Earth, I usually take a walk 1.25 to 1.50 miles daily so it will be MUCH slower than our intrepid hobbit friends...but as someone once said ...the fun is in the journey.
  • jyneefur
    jyneefur Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen, 30, NorCal, about 150 lbs to lose. I already use a stationary bike for my cardio.. but it can be boring! Now I have an adventure to work towards. :D I started my journey today.. and found that going for distance instead of time made me work even harder. (Hooray!) I decided to track my progress on my MFP blog, since I wasn't using it for anything else. For now my goal is Rivendell.. we'll see where my journey takes me when we get there!
  • northernlights771
    northernlights771 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is an excellent idea to move around more! I looooove LotR, especially the Fellowship. To Rivendell and beyond!
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    New to MFP, 3 weeks in and I decide I need a walking plan. I heard of Eowyn's Challenge years ago and wanted to go, but I never got out of Bag End! So this time I am determined to leave my pantry behind and "...step onto the road..."

I'm hobbit at heart, I even play a hobbit in LotRO, and a walking adventure is just what the waistline needs!

I'm glad to have company along the journey.

IRL I'm a wife and mother, in my 40s, a Tolkein nut, a teacher, a knitter (dwarf mitts being a current project) and whatever else catches my fancy this week. ;)
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness this is amazing. My name is Ruth and I live in Indiana. Yesterday I said "I hate running, this sucks, I will never run again!!!" after an especially hot and hilly run. I think I need some motivation, I am defintly starting this adventrue tomorrow. Love the idea of keeping track on an actual map. I just realized how perfect this is also, my inspirational quote is from LOTR! I love hobbits!
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love hobbits, too, Ruth!

I just started out, so since you are running and I am walking, I think you'll out pace me, but it's wonderful to share the road. Look forward to seeing your progress.

You never know where your feet might lead you.
  • cleonar01
    cleonar01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is probably the coolest group I've found so far. Definitely looking forward to starting this after work tonight (if it doesn't rain-crazy Texas weather)
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Salutations Fellow LOTRO fans!

I'm Jen, 44 from Maryland. Married 25 yrs and blessed with 2 awesome girls ages 12 and 17.

Lost most of my weight in 2010, but struggling the past few months to lose the 8 I've gained back, and am always looking for motivation and challenges to get me through. I typically workout at the gym every weekday over my lunch hour, so much of my mileage will be hard to track, but since I love LOTRO (Aragorn mostly lol), I figured I'll track what/when I can in this fun challenge!
  • Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm Linda, 66, wife, mother, grandmother. I'm just getting started with treadmill and recumbent bike, and this is just what I need. Sounds like an exciting challenge.
  • Jaessa
    Options
    Welcome on the journey, Linda! We need all the people we can get on this quest. Victory will be ours!
  • CaliSpooky
    CaliSpooky Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow - I LOVE this idea. I can't really walk very far every day yet, but I love the idea of a quest to follow. Count me in!
  • Jaessa
    Options
    Every journey starts with a step! I've been at this for over four years, so speed is not a factor! Welcome to our little quest!
  • libby2208
    libby2208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Libby and I just found this group an hour or so ago.
    I have to say, I'm pretty thrilled too. You guys just made weight loss fun for me!!!
    I will have a little problem converting km's to miles, but I'm sure there is something on the internet that can do that for me!!!
    I will take my first steps from Hobbitown this evening, and I can barely wait!
    Happy travels :)
  • hdfhkd
    hdfhkd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Libby, this is so cool, not surprised you found that! I can't wait to be at the first mile post and camp with Frodo & co! 18 miles to go, better get started now!! Not so sure about the hobbit meal planner, I'm trying to quit second breakfast... :) Goodonya mate!!
  • libby2208
    Options
    Hey Libby, this is so cool, not surprised you found that! I can't wait to be at the first mile post and camp with Frodo & co! 18 miles to go, better get started now!! Not so sure about the hobbit meal planner, I'm trying to quit second breakfast... :) Goodonya mate!!

Isa, we're going on an adventure!!!
  • libby2208
    Options

Isa, we're going on an adventure!!!

I can't believe it's been a year since I posted here last!

In that time, I've done 443km - which is 275 miles that I have actually tracked on Map My Walk. So, by the end of today I hope to have hit this goal:

"Oct. 8 - Day 16 (2 nd from Weathertop): 19 miles
    279miles
    19 - Camp."