What's the one Southern food you had to give up?

Options
124»

Replies

• arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fried foods and sweets. Oh my how I miss them!
  • lucygirl1914
    lucygirl1914 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Really it has only been two main things I have sorta given up: pecan pie every Sunday Brunch and cornbread pudding with loads of fresh honey and freshly churned butter for Sunday Dinner. I have just given them up in the respect that I won't have them every week, but once a month. So far I have lost 16 pounds because of this and other things I have cut back on. But, I must admit that Sunday isn't the same without them...
  • nekoyaz
    nekoyaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The main thing I had to give up was sweet tea. I used to drink it all day. Now I drink water. Sometimes I'll get a glass but it's only every once in a while. I've been eating other things in moderation.
  • ChvyGrl22
    ChvyGrl22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fried porkchops and biscuits. I only ate porkchops fried so I pretty much gave them up all together. Biscuits I still eat maybe once a week but they're the hardest. I use to make biscuits and gravy every week. I just love making fresh biscuits. I try to save them for the holidays now.
  • realblonde474
    realblonde474 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Trying to give up grits but then I would to move. And cornbread....miss them both
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweet tea and now use Splenda in my tea instead. I feel like I'm having my sweet tea and losing weight too, LOL!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I limit my friend foods. Some foods I've lightened up to enjoy more. Some I just indulge in from time to time.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea for sure. But after a year, don't miss it at all. Though my family thinks I've gone anti-country :)
  • hillrogers
    hillrogers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea and pecan pie. I still eat most things, with the exception of desserts. I just have to practice strict portion control. Since I'm diabetic, I have to make changes that I can live with for the rest of my life. I can't think of it as only loosing weight.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tea is the biggest thing that I've given up. I replaced it with a Crystal Light Sweet Tea, and Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea. That has helped a lot. Especially since I have to keep regular sweet tea for my husband.
  • jodi664
    jodi664 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mac cheese, grits, biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak and gravy, sweet tea!

Thank God country music is no carb! I need me some bad boys when doing barn chores!