Week 1 Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great work everyone! I hit 13 glasses, and still drinking it down! It's been very helpful with my sore throat today. Still need to take my vitamins and that usually requires another glass of water.
    I've also been drinking down cold care tea, and soup for lunch and dinner. So I've had a ton of fluids today. Kinda feel like I'm floating away! LOL!

All the same, great job everyone!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    15x8oz! and i was worried i wouldn't do 13! yay!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    9 cups of water. Done! :)
  • rachit1974
    rachit1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had 3 glasses yesterday at work which amounted to just over 1,000ml (that's a litre right?!) which is probably less than half. I tend to "forget" to drink when I'm at home so this morning before I leave the house I will have one glass, my normal 3 at work and then make sure i drink another 2 at home.

I've logged them in my diary as "cups" but they are my big 350ml glasses.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I didn't do well today. 20oz, but I was sick pretty much all day and yeah, it was sucking.

More tomorrow (or today, whatever you want to call it because I'm probably not sleeping tonight)
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was able to get in my goal of 80 oz yesterday and much to my suprise I wasn't up all night. Thank goodness!! Working on my first 20 now.

Here's to a successful day!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Good work everyone!

Sabrina - Yay for not having to get up all night!
    Alecta - Hope you're feeling better today! Just do the best you can.
    Rachel (rachit)- 1000ml is a litre. I have 3 750ml bottles I use when I'm at work. I usually log them as 3 glasses each. So a 350ml glass is definitely worth more than 1. Award yourself an extra glass every time you drink two.
    Slinky - Good job!
    Rachel (wurgin)- The water does go down easier than we think a lot of times. I keep finding my glass empty!

Still sick today, but at least I'm in to work today. I know I won't make a full day, but at least I'm trying! My 30 Day Shred should be arriving today, which makes me happy! And I managed to get a little yoga in already too. It's going to be a better day, even if I have to fake it!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    How's it going for everyone today?

I'm at 80 oz so far. Of course I've also been up since 5:45 am. :laugh:

xo

Amber
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I ended yesterday with 91.3oz

Today, I am at 57.5oz so far. Still working on it. Today is the first day I have tried to drink straight water. I really like those little 10 calorie flavor packs, but I don't like drinking calories. So I'm trying it. As long as my water is super cold, I don't mind so much. :)
  • Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got in 72 ounces today
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I only got 56 oz in yesterday. That's pretty good for me but I'm gonna keep trying to hit 64!!

I'm not doing so hot today but there are still plenty of hours in the day to catch up!
  • chefanie85
    Options
    Finally hit 91.3 ounces today!!!! Yay!!!!

Now I'm rewarding myself with....another bottle of water. hehe
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got three liters today, and I still need another glass, or even a couple, because I haven't taken my vitamins yet.

Congrats to everyone on doing so well!
  • lizblizz28
    Options
    I'm only at 40 oz so far... but there is still plenty of time!
  • RedToyotaTruck
    Options
    74 ounces Water, 3 cups of coffee, and no soda so I think I did good today.
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    104 oz down and working on another 16 oz glass.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 2/21 check in- Finished 64 oz.
    Wednesday- 2/22 8.30 am- done with 24 oz will check back later today.
    Love this challenge ,now I am making my daughter drink more water.
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is excited and I don't mean to rain on the parade, but while drinking water is great, drinking large amounts with a regular work out regiment can be dangerous, especially when people use the sites recommended salt intake to heart.

Now I am not just saying this, I do speak from experience not personal but to an acquaintance. While I was in basic training another recruit died from water intoxication. After that we started getting Gatorade right after workouts and marches.

So please everyone, adjust your diets to help rebalance your electrolytes, especially if you are sweating heavily during workouts.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Day 2 = 80 oz. :drinker:
  • kebuda
    kebuda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 75oz/day with additional for any coffee consumed or exercise. I'm a little concerned about my sodium intake though...

I tend to only consume 1000-1200mg a day. Anyone else out there have a low sodium diet?
This discussion has been closed.