Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    So excited for everyone, and I'm really hoping some day it will be my turn for a positive update! Haven't gone on the scale yet, but wanted to see some measurement changes. Nothing except up. I'm finishing week 5. I was hoping this was really it. I still have a deficit every day....but still no loss. I feel this is the right thing...but nothing yet. Hope I can be a success story soon!!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Only .4 lbs down. and 1 inch off my waist.. Everything else remains the same.

Whaaaa?!?!?! An inch of the waist is heavenly!! WAY TO GO! if you lost an inch every month...just imagine!

Then i'd have a very tiny waist and a really big everything else!
    hahah

:)
  • juicemoogan
    Options
    OK FOLKS.. Here is the good news!! I lost 2% Body Fat this month!! :)

Edited to say ok actually between 1 - 2 percent.. turns out we measured bicep rather than tricep.. whoops..
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    5/14/2012
    -Weight:::: 269.6

-Measurements
    -SmaPartSto= 45.5in
    -BigPartSto= 49in
    -Hips= 55.5in
    -Chest= 48in
    -Left Thigh= 26in
    -Right Thigh= 26in
    -Left Calf= 18in
    -Right Calf= 18in
    -Left Upper Arm= 18in
    -Right Upper Arm= 18in
    -Left Lower Arm= 12in
    -Right Lower Arm= 11.5in
    -Left Wrist= 7in
    -Right Wrist= 7in
    -Neck= 16in

5/19/12
    -Weight:::: 267.4 (-1.6lbs)

-Measurements
    -SmaPartSto= 43.5in (-2in)
    -BigPartSto= 48.5in (-.5in)
    -Hips= 55in (-.5in)
    -Chest= 48in (same)
    -Left Thigh= 26in (same)
    -Right Thigh= 26in (same)
    -Left Calf= 19in (+1in)
    -Right Calf= 19in (+1in)
    -Left Upper Arm= 17.5in (-.5in)
    -Right Upper Arm= 17.5in (-.5in)
    -Left Lower Arm= 11.5in (-.5in)
    -Right Lower Arm= 12in (+.5in)
    -Left Wrist= 6.5in (-.5in)
    -Right Wrist= 6.5in (-.5in)
    -Neck= 15.5in (-.5in)

Total= -6in

6/7/12
    -Weight:::: 268.4 (+1lbs)

Will do my measurements tomorrow and update!
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Broke my plateau last weekend by losing 2.5lbs and have lost 1.5lbs this week. Will not be doing my measurements until the end of the month though.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am 12 days in this. and have not weighed not till June 30th but as of my last weigh in 5-31-12 I lost 6 pounds

measured yesterday and lost 5 1/2 inches

I eat as close to my 1,726 calories as possible. before this program I was eating 800 calories under calorie. I just slipped in a size 14 pants yesterday and got out from size 16's. pretty soon I may have to get size medium shirts my larges are to big.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW what great losses guys!

And Graysmom-your time will come! Be patient grasshopper!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Seems to be working for me as well :-)

I started EM2WL on May 14th and bumped my calories from 1,200 to 1,880 a day. (not a full re-set, but a 15% cut based on Scooby calculator)

SW = 156.6

GW = 150.0

First week on EM2WL - no gain, no loss

Second week = 155.4 (1.2 pound loss)

Third week = 155.0 (.4 pound loss) - purchased BodyMedia Fit to see real TDEE

Fourth week = 154.0 ( 1 pound loss)

Just 4 more pounds to goal - continuing to strength train and loving it!

Thanks Lucia and Kiki!!!!

(Now that I have had by BodyMedia Fit for over a week, I have found that my TDEE is 2,400 rather than the 2,215 that the calculators gave me, so this week I will be upping my calories from 1,880 to 2,000 to maintain that 15% deficit...)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So, I've been at this eating more for about 8 weeks and I've started losing well again....Just in the past 2 weeks I've lost 3 pounds, for a total of 5 pounds since starting to EM2WL. I have read that I should redo my TDEE and adjust my calories after losing 5 pounds, but when I did it only changed by 30 calories. Many days I'm eating over my 15% cut anyway, so is it really necessary to adjust every 5 pounds? I don't feel like 30 calories is going to make or break me. Thanks!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    after reading everyone's posts, i'm encouraged that slow and steady wins the race.

i inadvertantly started my reset while on vacation in early may (5/6) but i've only been consciously eating at my tdee (2150/bmr 1414) since 5/25. as of this morning, i'm up 4-5lbs with the scale fluctuating in what seems like 2lb increments (141 to 143 to 145 to 143). i started at my all time low of 138.8 and it makes me :sad: to see the scale hit up to 145 again.

well, i was originally planning on only doing the reset for 6 weeks (until 6/16), but despite the upward trend of the scale, i think the right thing to do for my body is to do the full 8 week reset from the time i started the EM2WL program (5/25). saying this scares the bejesus out of me but i feel it in my bloated gut that this is what i should do. (i'm also trying to regulate my digestion...something i messed up from an awful crash diet i went on a few years ago...what i call the coffee diet. let's just say, my body just forgot how to digest food cuz it was deprived of it for so long. sigh)

when i started on this journey, i never expected this journey to be so psychologically and emotionally taxing. sigh.

so, here it goes. reset officially extended to 7/25. :noway:
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I was glad to see this thread, because I'm needing a little encouragement right now. I've been on Weight Watchers since January, and I did really well at first, losing quickly. But then I stalled out. So I added workouts. Nope, no dice. One day, for kicks and giggles, after I'd used all 30 of my points and was still hungry, I added up the calories I'd eaten that day. 1160! Bah! No wonder it wasn't working anymore.

I started on EMTWL April 29. I upped my cals to about 1600 (rough estimate of my BMR.) After two weeks, here's my progress:

Weight: up 2.2 lbs :angry:
    Upper arm: down 0.25 in:smile:
    Bust: down 0.5 in :smile:
    Waist: down 1.5 in :happy:
    Hips: down 1 in :happy:
    Thighs: down 0.25 in :smile:

So, while I gained weight, all of my measurements improved. I'm not sure how that's possible, but there you have it. I know that the measurements prove I'm making progress, but I have a lot of weight to lose, and it's very disconcerting to see the number on the scale increase. After briefly considering returning to 1200cal, I decided instead to increase again to 1900-2000, which is the projected TDEE for my goal weight. Fingers crossed.

One month after this post, after 6 wks of EMTWL here's the update:

Progress from 4/30:

Weight : down 1.5 lbs :smile:
    Body fat: down 4 %:happy:
    Bust: down 1.5 inches:happy:
    Waist: down 2.5 inches:happy:
    Hips: down 1 inch:happy:
    Upper arm: down 0.25 inch:happy:
    Thigh: down 1 inch:happy:

Sooo.....scale's still not budging much, but all other signs are positive, positive, positive!
  • juicemoogan
    Options
    ^^ Awesome!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I was glad to see this thread, because I'm needing a little encouragement right now. I've been on Weight Watchers since January, and I did really well at first, losing quickly. But then I stalled out. So I added workouts. Nope, no dice. One day, for kicks and giggles, after I'd used all 30 of my points and was still hungry, I added up the calories I'd eaten that day. 1160! Bah! No wonder it wasn't working anymore.

I started on EMTWL April 29. I upped my cals to about 1600 (rough estimate of my BMR.) After two weeks, here's my progress:

Weight: up 2.2 lbs :angry:
    Upper arm: down 0.25 in:smile:
    Bust: down 0.5 in :smile:
    Waist: down 1.5 in :happy:
    Hips: down 1 in :happy:
    Thighs: down 0.25 in :smile:

So, while I gained weight, all of my measurements improved. I'm not sure how that's possible, but there you have it. I know that the measurements prove I'm making progress, but I have a lot of weight to lose, and it's very disconcerting to see the number on the scale increase. After briefly considering returning to 1200cal, I decided instead to increase again to 1900-2000, which is the projected TDEE for my goal weight. Fingers crossed.

One month after this post, after 6 wks of EMTWL here's the update:

Progress from 4/30:

Weight : down 1.5 lbs :smile:
    Body fat: down 4 %:happy:
    Bust: down 1.5 inches:happy:
    Waist: down 2.5 inches:happy:
    Hips: down 1 inch:happy:
    Upper arm: down 0.25 inch:happy:
    Thigh: down 1 inch:happy:

Sooo.....scale's still not budging much, but all other signs are positive, positive, positive!

Wonderful progress!! Yeah for you!! :drinker:
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Ok, so this is my 4th day....starting stats on Monday were

Weight 148.8
    Bust = 37in
    Waist = 30in
    Hips = 39in

Sneaked a peak on the scales this morning and im down 2lb but not going to count this....will wait until Monday so it's a full weeks comparison. Feeling good, not particularly hungry and definitely not craving cr@p!! :bigsmile:
  • FJMilner
    Options
    Started 4/10/2012 at 152.5 lbs. Weighed in this morning (exactly four weeks later) at 145.5 lbs.

Measurements: 4/13 vs 5/7

neck - 13.5/13.25
    right bicep - 11.5/11.75
    waist - 32.5/30
    under bust - 34/32
    belly button - 34.5/33
    hip bone - 37/35
    right thigh - 22/21.75
    above right knee - 16/15.25
    right calf - 15.25/15

i took a before pic a few days after upping my cals. i never intended to share it, so i was just in my underwear and sports bra. i took one this weekend, dressed the same. the difference is startling. it literally looks like i was wearing a full body fat suit, and i just took it off. i'm wishing that i had a bathing suit on, so that i could share them. it looks like so much more than the loss of a few pounds!

i'm about so happy with these results that i could explode. life has been hard lately, and this one thing going right has been keeping me afloat. thank you so much to the ladies that run this board!! if i ever come across you in person, i hope you don't have issues with personal space cuz you'll be getting a gigantic hug!

This made me smile lots!!! Good to hear a lovely success :bigsmile:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm over a month into the process and up 4-7 lbs depending on the day. I just started lifting weights last week and will begin New Rules next week. I do feel better physical.

I'm at 1969 calories a day, and I'm not gonna lie........ it's hard to see the scale and feel myself getting bigger. I've decided to track weight daily on the hacker site to notice trends associated with weight training and sodium, etc. As the scales holds a lot of power over me and I need to change my relationship with it :)

Hopefully my next update with be with some inches or pounds down.

Ruby, trust the process. In two weeks, follow up with me and give me all details...ok?

Hi..... Completed 8 weeks at the reset of 1969. Depending on the day, I'm up 4-6 lbs.....my measurements havent changed.
    Considering I was traveling 3 of those weeks (with two being in another country where I wasn't able to track my food) I'm not horribly surprised by the numbers.

My bloating took weeks to subside.....

I'm on my 3rd week of NROLFW and loving it.......noticing changes in my body already.:smile:

Now I'm cutting down to 1866, I'll update in a few more weeks. I'm hopeful for a downward trend, check back soon.

Update.....

I'm down 2.5 inches, :drinker: but still up 6 pounds from the onset of EM2WL......although I haven't gained since week 6. It took me 9 weeks to see results.

I have 1.5 more weeks until I have completed NROLFW - Stage 1. I have further reduced my calories to 1800.
  • Tigermad
    Options
    Another 2lbs down for me this week. :-). I might even consider upping by 100 cals to 1700 per day next week because 6lbs in 3 weeks is a bit too fast.
  • Tigermad
    Options
    Actually just upped them to 1800 from now on. If I start to weight gain with no inch loss I know I should be between 1600 and 1800.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I started EM2WL on May 14th and bumped my calories from 1,200 to 1,880 a day. (not a full re-set, but a 15% cut based on Scooby calculator)

SW = 156.6

GW = 150.0

First week on EM2WL - no gain, no loss

Second week = 155.4 (1.2 pound loss)

Third week = 155.0 (.4 pound loss) - purchased BodyMedia Fit to see real TDEE

Fourth week = 154.0 ( 1 pound loss) - raised calories to 2,000/day base on new BodyMedia Fit TEDD readings

Fifth week = 153.0 (1 pound loss)

3 more pounds to goal :-)
  • FJMilner
    Options
    Woohooo, end of week 1 on EM2WL.....2lb down and a whole inch off my hips!!!! Can that be right?? In a week?? Not craving, eating plenty, feeling good :bigsmile: