Weigh-in/Measurement updates

Options

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi ya folks ... I'm pretty happy to report that lose approx 1.5-2.5 cm a week

Lost 1.9kg (4.3 pounds) in the last 2 months

That is 10.5cm (4.1 inches) so far in last 2 months

yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet!
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Another week another weight loss. Down by another 2 lbs and it seems to be fat loss now down to 23.7% fat. :-)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I posted in May that after initially losing after upping my calories and then with a 15% cut I was gaining but did have a loss of a half inch in my waist. I had upped my exercise finally after a knee injury but even after weeks my weight didn't come down again. Since I haven't been able to make any progress until now I haven't posted on here. I have had a busy June with job interviews and my daughters graduation. I recently have a new part-time job and have started back into an exercise routine but am being careful not to reinjure my knee. I actually was eating more this week except for the day before I lost. So I am wondering if the cut was too much. I wish I knew why I am losing now finally. I will probably measure soon but with my weight up haven't measured in a while.
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: 230.2 2200 calories (assumed maintenance with eating back exercise calories)
    4/18/12: 229 2200 calories
    4/23/12: 229 (cut by 15% from assumed maintenance calories - 1870 with eating back exercise calories)
    4/30/12: 228.8 (I have been dealing with a knee injury and went on a small trip so I will be slowly upping my exercise this week)
    5/7/12: 228 Still having some knee pain so I won't include inches until I have been able to increase my exercise. I have started to slowly start to exercise but am limited right now.
    5/22/12: 232 (1/2 inch loss from waist)
    7/8/12: 227.2 finally a loss after fluctuating around 230
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Another week another weight loss. Down by another 2 lbs and it seems to be fat loss now down to 23.7% fat. :-)

Thats fantastic!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I put this in another thread but thought I would add it here for motivation.

I am down another 2 inches overall in the last week but the scale is still the same. I can see a viable difference though and that is what matters, not the scale.

That is fantastic and motivational!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    PLEASE don't yell at me.

I don't get any of this. I've read lots on this forum and I really want to get it because I seem to be stalling. I think I may have walked this process a few weeks ago without knowing, dropped some pounds -- the science behind it I really don't get it.

I use BMF and MFP (to track cals). Trying to understand how EMTWL could fit in with what I already do without gaining weight.

Would someone give me the kindergarten version?
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Week 2 and another 2lbs down! Will post measurements after week 4.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Week 2 and another 2lbs down! Will post measurements after week 4.

That's fantastic!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SW: 395
    07/13/12: 339.9
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP 42 days ago. After the first horrible and extremely frustratingly hungry 5 days at 1200 calories, I found EM2WL. THANK GOD! I upped my calories to 2000. ( recently down to 1750 due to an exercise level change)I have lost a total of 6 lbs on the scale. I have lost 15" overall. This includes .25" neck, 3" waist, 4.5" hips, .75"arms, 3.5" thighs, and 3" underbust.!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have gone from a size 18 jeans to size 16 (they're getting loose) Ive had to adjust my bra 3 times and its getting where it will just be too loose soon. I am just thrilled!
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Before starting EM2WL I was netting around 1400 calories per day working out 5 or 6 days per week (usually twice per day). I started EM2WL around 8 weeks ago and upped my calories to 2250 per day. Then a couple weeks later I started NROLFW. I just finished Stage 1 of the workouts and thought I'd post an update. I'm doing NROLFW at home so I really wasn't expecting much in the way of results.

Here is my info so far:

Weight at start of EM2WL - 187
    BF % - 38.6
    I calculated my body fat percentage by putting my measurements into the Military Calculator and Covert Bailey Calculator and averaging the two. Funny thing is that my scale came up with the same number. I'm sure this probably isn't the absolute best way to do it but I figured it would be better than nothing!

Weight at start of NROLFW - 181.5

Measurements at start of NROLFW:
    Natural Waist - 35 inches
    Waist at Naval - 42 inches
    Waist " below Naval - 45 inches
    Hip - 46 inches

About 2 weeks into my workouts I gained 2 pounds making my weight 183.5 which remained the same throughout the remaining weeks.

Measurements this morning after week 6 of NROLFW:
    Weight - 181
    BF% - 37.5
    Natural Waist - 33.75 inches
    Waist at Naval - 41.5 inches
    Waist " below Naval - 42.75 inches
    Hip - 45 inches

I know these are not huge changes but these were made while eating 2250 calories per day, limiting cardio to 2 or 3 days per week and doing my lifting workouts at home. I bought a FitBit 2 weeks ago to get a better idea of my TDEE (which is averaging 2400 per day!). Last week I started using the FitBit calorie recommendations to lose .5 per week so I've been eating an average of 2140 calories per day. This past week of eating hasn't even been the greatest either. I've been busy and not cooking at home as much as normal so I was really surprised to see any change on the scale at all.

Sorry for the long post!
    I'll update at the end of Stage 2!
    Angie
  • KeriA
    Options
    PLEASE don't yell at me.

I don't get any of this. I've read lots on this forum and I really want to get it because I seem to be stalling. I think I may have walked this process a few weeks ago without knowing, dropped some pounds -- the science behind it I really don't get it.

I use BMF and MFP (to track cals). Trying to understand how EMTWL could fit in with what I already do without gaining weight.

Would someone give me the kindergarten version?
    To lose weight you need to eat between your BMR (the calories you need if you were in a COMA. I do not think any of us are in a COMA right? ) and Your TDEE (what calories you need to maintian your weight at your present level of activity). If you eat below your BMR you will eventually stall out. Your body will react by lowering your metabolism. We want to ideally up our metabolism when we want to lose weight not lower it. Why make things harder on yourself. If you eat too little to lose and gain back you can in the long run gain weight over time ruining your metabolism (yo-yo dieting). Many overweight and obese people got that way from this type of diet. The way to lose is to do it in a healthy way where you can keep it off.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Thought I'd update everyone as I've decided to make some changes. I'm back to using my HRM to calculate calories burned and have adjusted my calories.

Dec 2011: 144/ surgery on 12/23 (immoblizer for 9 weeks)
    Jan 2012: 138
    Feb 2012: Immoblizer off 2/18 & started Physical Therapy
    March: 136.6
    April 1st: Eating at maintenance to reset my body. 137 joined EM2WL
    April 17th-May 2nd: Traveling
    May12th: 143. 5 weeks into EM2WL
    May 14th: Started NROL4W 142.3 (calories 1975)
    May 24th: Reduced calories to 1866 (143.1)
    June 5th: Reduced calories to 1800 (142.4). Took measurements, down 2 1/2 inches.
    June 16th-24th: vacation on a cruise
    July 2nd: Added More exercise to routines to burn more calories & increased protein.
    July 11th: 143. Lowered calories to 1560..... Will track workout calories with HRM and eat back calories
    July 15th: Stage 3 NROLFW
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Hello,

Thought I'd update everyone as I've decided to make some changes. I'm back to using my HRM to calculate calories burned and have adjusted my calories.

June 5th: Reduced calories to 1800 (142.4). Took measurements, down 2 1/2 inches.
    July 2nd: Added More exercise to routines to burn more calories & increased protein.
    July 11th: 143. Lowered calories to 1560..... Will track workout calories with HRM and eat back calories

HI Ruby, I was just wondering why you chose to go back to the HRM? And will you just ear 1560 on rest days? I was doing this and found I wasn't losing but once I upped them again I was back to losing.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Week 3 - +3lbs went significantly over my calories a few times this week. Just a blip though.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello,

HI Ruby, I was just wondering why you chose to go back to the HRM? And will you just ear 1560 on rest days? I was doing this and found I wasn't losing but once I upped them again I was back to losing.

Hi Heidi,

I decided to go back to my HRM for 3 reasons; (1) I wasn't sure if I calculated my TDEE correctly, as my days vary so much. (2) psychologically I'm much more motivated to exercise when I "earn" those calories and track them......weird, but I'm reward driven in my brain :ohwell: (3) I wasn't losing at my cut rate.

I had my RMR professionally tested last year and was given 1560 as the target number for a cut (never to go below). So yes, on rest days I aim for 1560, I'll keep you updated.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    07/20/12: 341.9
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    07/20/12: 341.9

WOW!!! Fantastic update!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    3/26/12: SW: 232
    4/7/12: 230.2 2200 calories (assumed maintenance with eating back exercise calories)
    4/18/12: 229 2200 calories
    4/23/12: 229 (cut by 15% from assumed maintenance calories - 1870 with eating back exercise calories)
    4/30/12: 228.8 (I have been dealing with a knee injury and went on a small trip so I will be slowly upping my exercise this week)
    5/7/12: 228 Still having some knee pain so I won't include inches until I have been able to increase my exercise. I have started to slowly start to exercise but am limited right now.
    5/22/12: 232 (1/2 inch loss from waist)
    7/8/12: 227.2 finally a loss after fluctuating around 230
    7/18/12: 226.4 I seem to be finally out of the plateau and going down. I have a new active job and have been able to increase my exercise too.
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks

Reached my target weight of 134 pounds today. Half of the 11.5 months it has taken was eating more to weigh less.

Just need to lose a bit more fat and I will be happy. Just need to maintain now. (the hardest part).