Season 2 - Episode 12 - "Better Angels" 03/11/12

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/11/12 episode.

Looks like Herschel has decided to let the group move into the house with his family. Randall escapes and it looks like the group has to go after him to make sure he doesn't bring his group back. Or it is someone/something else that is lurking in the wood posing a threat to the group? Only two episodes left in the season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGw05yjVP0U

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-212-the-walking-dead-better-angels

Replies

• SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So looking foward to tomorrow nights episode- but so upset at the same time that after that there's only one more until season three starts!! *Sigh... how will I make it through the summer without new Walking Dead?!?!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I was thinking, what if AMC put out that accidental spoiler regarding Shane to throw us off and that it isn't actually true?
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    The Governor approaches.... Dun dun dunnnnn!!!
  • SmartWhatever
    Options
    I was thinking, what if AMC put out that accidental spoiler regarding Shane to throw us off and that it isn't actually true?

I was thinking that as well. *grumbles*
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have to waiting until after midnight to watch this :sad:
  • SmartWhatever
    Options
    OMG OMG!!! HOLY CRAP! So glad that finally happened!! That was an awesome episode!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My blood thirsty three year old and I just started the EP. I'm so excited. I saw next weeks preview with all the walk.ERS. I'm biting my nails but I don't want to watch it cuz then it will end :(
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG!!! HOLY CRAP! So glad that finally happened!! That was an awesome episode!

i know right i am so glad it happened i def did not cry about that like i did dale lmao
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Did not expect the stabbing, knew Carl would shoot him just thought it would happen sooner then It did. Pretty good episode. Excited to see how they fare with the horde of zombies. Any bets on who dies next? My money is on T-dog
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Any bets on who dies next? My money is on T-dog

Yep, he is completely pointless to the show, but I hope it's Carol. Also pointless.

I know that the show is called The Walking Dead and that is in reference to the non-zombified living people, but can I get some more zombies in the episode and not just in the last 5 minutes (though they did an okay job setting up the season finale)?

The one thing I did like about this episode was the Office Space zombie kicking moment before the credits. Hilarious!

I thought they would hold off on Shane until the finale; they're going to need him when the horde arrives. I knew they were going to have to kill him off as soon as Laurie took the pregnancy test... there was no way he would just abandon Laurie and Carl and his potential unborn baby. Still sad to see him go... he was pretty much my only eye candy.

Somebody please kill Carl or at least keep an eye on him. Dale's death was his fault. The zombie herd is his fault for using the gun on Shane. He is just fail all around.
  • Vodkha
    Options
    Didn't anyone notice that Randall came back as a zombie and went after Glen and Darryl? Randall's neck was snapped by Shane, he wasn't bitten at all. Shane came back and he wasn't bitten, either. I'm also pretty sad that Shane is gone. He kept the show exciting. Now I don't really have a favorite character. Andrea probably, or Glen or Darryl.
  • bayertablets
    Options
    Didn't anyone notice that Randall came back as a zombie and went after Glen and Darryl? Randall's neck was snapped by Shane, he wasn't bitten at all. Shane came back and he wasn't bitten, either.

Yes, but not sure what it means yet. I'm waiting for the Carrie-hand-pop-out-of-the-ground moment when Dale comes back as a zombie (is he the only one that died as a human in this season?). That is, if everyone that dies comes back as a walker no matter if they were bitten or not. That should have been what Jenner told Rick at the end of last season, though Rick hasn't acted like he's known that at all this season.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Didn't anyone notice that Randall came back as a zombie and went after Glen and Darryl? Randall's neck was snapped by Shane, he wasn't bitten at all. Shane came back and he wasn't bitten, either.

Yes, but not sure what it means yet. I'm waiting for the Carrie-hand-pop-out-of-the-ground moment when Dale comes back as a zombie (is he the only one that died as a human in this season?). That is, if everyone that dies comes back as a walker no matter if they were bitten or not. That should have been what Jenner told Rick at the end of last season, though Rick hasn't acted like he's known that at all this season.

They shot Dale in the head, so no chance of The Zombie Dale being a problem.
  • bayertablets
    Options
    They shot Dale in the head, so no chance of The Zombie Dale being a problem.
    True, true. Guess I'll just have to go watch Carrie.
    Thank goodness I don't have to stare at his gaping open mouth anymore, though Shane was threatening to succeed Dale as resident cotton mouth this episode.
  • Vodkha
    Options
    It must mean that everyone is infected or something, and when they die, they come back somehow, but if shot in the head the first time, they dont. It looks like they'll have to be leaving the farm soon!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm getting that everyone is infected...either through contact or air or in the water supply or whatever. And unless you die by something going through your brain like Dale, you're gonna come back a walker.

Shane freaked me out. It's like he totally lost it. It was NOT a well thought out plan. I kept saying, what the hell is he thinking?

And the scene where Rick had to kill Shane happened SO CLOSE to the house. I thought they were way out, but you could see the house in the background. Weird. That makes all those walkers descending really scary. And if Shane had been hoarding ammo like Lizzy thought, they may not be able to find enough ammo to kill them all off.
  • SmartWhatever
    Options

I think that could still be what Jenner whispered in Ricks ear. If you noticed when they were in the bar in town after Rick killed those 2 dudes he also shot them both in the head so they wouldn't come back. Shane came back very quickly though and maybe Rick wasn't expecting it to happen that fast and he just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

I think that could still be what Jenner whispered in Ricks ear. If you noticed when they were in the bar in town after Rick killed those 2 dudes he also shot them both in the head so they wouldn't come back. Shane came back very quickly though and maybe Rick wasn't expecting it to happen that fast and he just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
    Yeah agreed. Jenner totally told him it was airborne. Carl interrupted him before he had a chance to take care of Shane.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    All I gotta say is this group is now officially screwed. Shane was the only character with the balls to do what needed to be done, and his last move (killing the kid after the kid admitted he knew where the other group was and was a member) was right on again...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    All I gotta say is this group is now officially screwed. Shane was the only character with the balls to do what needed to be done, and his last move (killing the kid after the kid admitted he knew where the other group was and was a member) was right on again...
    Yes. I'm sorry but Rick is being a wussy. And that's not the word I really want to use. He needs to man up.