Season 2 - Episode 12 - "Better Angels" 03/11/12

Options

Replies

• sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think this whole thing is airborne. Not like you immediately turn while breathing the air, but after you die, you come back as a zombie because you've been exposed to it type stuff *shrugs*

Anywho, FCKING glad Shane is gone. I was so sick of him.

I'll admit, at the beginning of the episode I was feeling bad for him, but then after that, I just wanted him dead.

I gathered that also... and today when i realized Randall was the one that attacked Glen and Daryl (i apparently was to stressed out to realize it last night while watching) i think that definitely confirms it.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy seeing Shane die for two reasons:

1. All the other characters are so annoying, I may stop watching the show (except Darryl).
    2. Shane was hot. Nice eye candy gone... sad...

I'm with you on this, but I certainly will NOT stop watching.
    I just finished watching the ep, I actually have tears welling up, my Shaney died :sad:
    Loved the look on his face when he was creepin' up behind Rick, he was like "mmm food" :']
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    I also just read that everyone is already infected & if when you die, your brain is still intact, then you become a walker.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif They finally killed Shane.

I am delighted that he's gone. I'm just disappointed that they took so long to kill him off in comparison to how quickly he was killed off in the comic books.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif

This is exactly what I did when Rick stabbed him lol
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    Shane was the one who had the guts to find out about Randall by tricking him into admitting he was part of the other group when Rick just "believed" the kid was just a kid.

I am not sure I quite understand what you mean there, but all of your other assessments about Shane I agree with. I was a Shane supporter, but the moment he snapped in the shed was the moment he crossed the line for me. I could no longer support him. In a way I am glad they made me hate him at the end.

He took the kid out to the woods and made the kid believe he was freeing him so he could join the other gang. At that point, the kid admitted he knew where the others were, that he was a member, and that Shane would "have a great time" with them. Given the kid's previous admission that the other group engaged in gang raping women, etc., it's pretty clear what "have a great time" meant. Plus, he knew where the farm was. Shane had to kill him at that point. I think this was Shane's way of clearing the air before he killed the kid. Rick just believed Randall the whole time that he was just a "tagalong"

I don't think that you get that the whole reason in taking the kid out in the woods was to setup his murder of Rick. It had nothing to do with getting him to confess so he had a clear mind to kill him. When he noticed the kid was about to free himself from the handcuffs in the shed that's when he snapped and came up with his "brilliant" scheme. The talking he did with the kid was just something to keep him calm while he got him far enough away from camp.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif

I had tears in my eyes :[ you could see the whole bromance thing they had going on just spark back as soon as he did that; Shane was like *shocked face* & Rick was like *wtf did I just do* face.
    I'm just gonna dress in black to show my mourning for Shane.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Shane never raped anyone or tolerated that kind of behavior also.
    No...but he sure attacked Lori. That was unacceptable. When a woman says no, get off, get the fuck off, or lose a testicle.

Yeah, but he didn't do it. He stopped and didn't rape her.
    I am not OK with this sentiment. THIS does NOT make it fine, regardless of any emotional stringing along Lori may or may not be doing.
    At least he didn't brag about it while tied up in a shed. I know I'm gonna get kicked in the face for this one...nevermind I'll keep that to myself...
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that I totally LOVED how Shane died in the comic and the fact that Rick had to go back and fix things after he discovered the facts behind the 'zombie virus'. That was great. Also how Dale died in the comic was so awesome! I really wish they would have done that on the show but I guess it would have been TOO intense for some people. It was crazy and sick and just awesome.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I like that the show trails off from the comic. Just like I love movies based on books that don't follow it chapter per chapter. I mean there's hundred of fans that have read the comic and some that know it better than the bible. So why watch a show that shows EXACTLY what you already know? That's like having a major spoiler alert every time you see a new episode.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif

Me too!! Well I kind of screamed in shock, then said Woo!! lol! Hated Shane!

btw...so happy I found this group! :heart: me some Walking Dead!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that I totally LOVED how Shane died in the comic and the fact that Rick had to go back and fix things after he discovered the facts behind the 'zombie virus'. That was great. Also how Dale died in the comic was so awesome! I really wish they would have done that on the show but I guess it would have been TOO intense for some people. It was crazy and sick and just awesome.
    How did dale die in the comics?
    Now I think I just need to order them.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif

lol me too! In one way I felt bad for Shane but then again, he took things too far sometimes. He was too hot headed and that made him dangerous.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still glad Shane is dead. I'll be truly upset if Darryl goes, but since I have never read the comics, I'm pretty clueless about upcoming episodes. Now, someone beat some sense into Carl. Don't forget that kid pulled a gun on his own father before Shane ever rose up as a walker. Makes me wonder if he isn't really Shane's kid (though they've said Shane and Lori never had anything until after the whole zombie thing started).
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy036.gif

I had tears in my eyes :[ you could see the whole bromance thing they had going on just spark back as soon as he did that; Shane was like *shocked face* & Rick was like *wtf did I just do* face.

This is true. I think I wanted to cry for Shane, but I held so much resentment towards him. Dale, was another story. I bawled my eyes out lol. I even cried at the beginning of last night's episode when Rick was talking about him :(
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Now, someone beat some sense into Carl. Don't forget that kid pulled a gun on his own father before Shane ever rose up as a walker.

I honestly don't think he pulled the gun on Rick. I think that's what we were supposed to believe at first, but I have watched that scene several times, and it shows Carl raising the gun, then the camera panning out and we see Shane pop up. Realistically, I'm sure Shane was wallowing around on the ground, attempting to stand, and Carl would have seen that. I think that's why he raised the gun.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Shane never raped anyone or tolerated that kind of behavior also.
    No...but he sure attacked Lori. That was unacceptable. When a woman says no, get off, get the fuck off, or lose a testicle.

Yeah, but he didn't do it. He stopped and didn't rape her.
    I am not OK with this sentiment. THIS does NOT make it fine, regardless of any emotional stringing along Lori may or may not be doing.

^ glad someone said it! truth!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It's funny, I really hated Shane, even though I could understand where he was coming from half the time, but I was sad to find out he's dead only because he made the show more interesting.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    How did dale die in the comics?
    Now I think I just need to order them.

If you really want to know, message me and I'll message you back and let you know. I don't want to spoil it. For anyone who is thinking of reading the comics. By the way, I found them ALL in my local library for those of you who don't want to go out and buy them!!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping Maggie survives- I like her too - and Glenn's being so weird!!! I kinda thought it was dumb of Shane to try and shoot Rick, and SERIOUSLY, WHAT are they thinking looking for that kid in the dark?! in the woods....with walkers around? Really?! and the supplies in the basement comment kind of baffled me- doesn't that like give you No way out? Anyways... cause it's not like the walkers are starving to death and stop coming after you.