Season 2 - Episode 12 - "Better Angels" 03/11/12

Options

Replies

• sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Anyone else got mixed feeling about the finale? I am excited, but at the same time - I am not ready for the season to be over!

T-dog and Carol... I think them being the underdogs gives them the advantage to carrying over to next season. Less background could mean easier development for next season. I am also becoming more and more of a Hershel fan! I love Maggie and Glen - so hoping they stick around.

I also feel like I should read the comics - and I am so not a comic kinda guy.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    They can't get rid of T-dog! He JUST got real lines and screen time. And he has a job to do. HE'S STANDING GUARD!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    They can't get rid of T-dog! He JUST got real lines and screen time. And he has a job to do. HE'S STANDING GUARD!

Not to mention - Merle is bound to make a come back - and the reason why he is missing in the first place had a lot to do with T-Dog dropping the key down that drainage pipe... there will have to be some sort of confrontation!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Not to mention - Merle is bound to make a come back - and the reason why he is missing in the first place had a lot to do with T-Dog dropping the key down that drainage pipe... there will have to be some sort of confrontation!

Well if Rick wouldn't have cuffed him tot he pipe and given the key to T-Dog in the first place he wouldn't have been left behind. I blame Rick mainly. He's been in the group for 5 minutes and already took over as "leader" :laugh:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options

Well if Rick wouldn't have cuffed him tot he pipe and given the key to T-Dog in the first place he wouldn't have been left behind. I blame Rick mainly. He's been in the group for 5 minutes and already took over as "leader" :laugh:

Agreed - but you have to admit that when Merle show's up... no matter if it's Rick's fault or not - he is gonna blame T-Dog and there will be a throw down (in which I hope T-Dog wins!)
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    We got our book in and I have read throught the farm parts.

In the comics Carl is 7 not 11 or 12 like most of us were thinking. This may explain the way he's acting. I also noticed last night they made him a shirt to look like the one in the comic. Cool.

I hate to disappoint but I really think T-Dog is the show's version of Tyreese. When they got out at the beginning and he was handed the hammer that just sealed that assumption for me. I may be wrong but.....

I am thinking alot of the original farm people will probably die with the zombie herd that's coming. My thoughts are that Maggie will be the only one of that group that carries over to next season and that will be because she leaves with Glenn after the rest of her family is dead.

It is possible that the group of 30 my show up and "save the day" with the hord but I think they may leave that group as a cliffhanger for next season as well. They will probably come into contact with them at the next "camp" where most of next sea.son will take place.

Lori is part to blame for how insane Shane went. She could have handled that better and could have had that "confession" speach long long time ago. Shane deserved to hear what she said, she just waited too long to say it. She treated him like poo when Rick showed back up out of her own guilt!

Darryl is definitely no dummy, he lets the dumb redneck assumption play to his advantage. He hangs back noticing things that others are just too stupid to pay attention too. Then instead of blabbing what he knows he holds on to it for himself to stay one step ahead of the rest. Not much gets past Darryl!

I understand that Rick was basically given the title of leader but his "high and mightyness" is getting on my nerves.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    And everyone who was pro-Shane, I have to ask...how is Shane any different than Randall? How was he any more fit to live? Let alone run that group? He only cared about three people, and even then it was more of a feeling of ownership. He was ready to kill his "best friend". He killed Otis. He was ready to ditch Sophia before they knew whether she was alive or dead. No one was safe in that group with him around, other than Loria and Carl...everyone else was dispensable.

How is he different than Randall? Are you serious?

Shane saved Lori and Carl in Atlanta. Shane kept the entire camp going before Rick arrived. Shane was the one with the guts to kill the 20-something walkers in the barn less than 100 feet from the camp where they were sleeping in tents while Rick was running around trying to "herd" them with Hershel. Shane was the one who had the guts to find out about Randall by tricking him into admitting he was part of the other group when Rick just "believed" the kid was just a kid. Shane never raped anyone or tolerated that kind of behavior also.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Shane was the one who had the guts to find out about Randall by tricking him into admitting he was part of the other group when Rick just "believed" the kid was just a kid.

I am not sure I quite understand what you mean there, but all of your other assessments about Shane I agree with. I was a Shane supporter, but the moment he snapped in the shed was the moment he crossed the line for me. I could no longer support him. In a way I am glad they made me hate him at the end.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Shane was the one who had the guts to find out about Randall by tricking him into admitting he was part of the other group when Rick just "believed" the kid was just a kid.

I am not sure I quite understand what you mean there, but all of your other assessments about Shane I agree with. I was a Shane supporter, but the moment he snapped in the shed was the moment he crossed the line for me. I could no longer support him. In a way I am glad they made me hate him at the end.

He took the kid out to the woods and made the kid believe he was freeing him so he could join the other gang. At that point, the kid admitted he knew where the others were, that he was a member, and that Shane would "have a great time" with them. Given the kid's previous admission that the other group engaged in gang raping women, etc., it's pretty clear what "have a great time" meant. Plus, he knew where the farm was. Shane had to kill him at that point. I think this was Shane's way of clearing the air before he killed the kid. Rick just believed Randall the whole time that he was just a "tagalong"
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    And everyone who was pro-Shane, I have to ask...how is Shane any different than Randall?

Shane never raped anyone or tolerated that kind of behavior also.

Actually, I remember Shane trying to force himself on Lori at the CDC, after she had made it perfectly clear she was choosing to stay with her husband.

I'll concede saving Carl and Lori.

And, yes, I was serious.
  • joelabro
    Options
    And if T-Dog is Tyrese from the comic, I think they missed out on a valuable story-telling opportunity with regarding his daughter and her boyfriend. I will say no more.

It's weird to try to not spoil anything from between the comic and the show considering the difference, especially with characters that don't even exist in the show. I was always torn whether to tell people that Shane dies in the comic and how it happened, since it happened so early with tv Shane lasting so long.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that Merle is with the other group that Randall was with.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    And everyone who was pro-Shane, I have to ask...how is Shane any different than Randall?

Actually, I remember Shane trying to force himself on Lori at the CDC, after she had made it perfectly clear she was choosing to stay with her husband.

I'll concede saving Carl and Lori.

And, yes, I was serious.

Yeah, but he didn't do it. He stopped and didn't rape her. No he should not have come onto her like that, but Lori has been stringing him along and treating him like garbage for weeks. He's definitely hurt and unstable, but there is no way he's like Randall who pretty much bragged at the first opportunity that the other group was "great fun" for the guys and that they gang-rape women.
  • joelabro
    Options

He took the kid out to the woods and made the kid believe he was freeing him so he could join the other gang. At that point, the kid admitted he knew where the others were, that he was a member, and that Shane would "have a great time" with them. Given the kid's previous admission that the other group engaged in gang raping women, etc., it's pretty clear what "have a great time" meant. Plus, he knew where the farm was. Shane had to kill him at that point. I think this was Shane's way of clearing the air before he killed the kid. Rick just believed Randall the whole time that he was just a "tagalong"

Ok, I see what you mean. It sounded to me like Randall knew where they were camped last, but wasn't sure if they were still there. I thought the same thing about the "great time" comment, but I perceived what Shane said to the kid was all lies to get the kid to let his guard down so shane could pounce on him and snap his neck easier. I thought it was obvious the entire time that the kid was a member of that group.

Good points all around about Shane. He did force himself on Lori, it was very complicated in his mind, and alcohol as involved. It was still wrong. At the same time, he also beat the crap out of Carols husband at the quarry. It's those type of things that made Shane an interesting character because it caused me to have a hard time trying to put him in a good/bad category. He was a mix of both.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Ok, I see what you mean. It sounded to me like Randall knew where they were camped last, but wasn't sure if they were still there. I thought the same thing about the "great time" comment, but I perceived what Shane said to the kid was all lies to get the kid to let his guard down so shane could pounce on him and snap his neck easier. I thought it was obvious the entire time that the kid was a member of that group.

Good points all around about Shane. He did force himself on Lori, it was very complicated in his mind, and alcohol as involved. It was still wrong. At the same time, he also beat the crap out of Carols husband at the quarry. It's those type of things that made Shane an interesting character because it caused me to have a hard time trying to put him in a good/bad category. He was a mix of both.

Yeah, I mean obviously Shane could've handled some things better, but what I liked about him was that he was the only one in that group with the guts to make the hard decisions. Rick consistently wussed out even in the last few episodes and put the entire camp at risk. Andrea was dead on with her "stop leaving" comment. Rick continually goes off to play "hero" and leaves the farm undefended then comes back and asserts his "I'm the leader" attitude and get up on his high horse with everyone else. It's frustrating. I give Rick credit for killing the guys at the bar with Hershel and Glenn, but he's made so many bad decisions out of weakness or second-guessing himself. In this world where you are just a small minority that is being hunted, that kind of weakness gets you all killed.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    No...but he sure attacked Lori. That was unacceptable. When a woman says no, get off, get the fuck off, or lose a testicle.

Yeah, but he didn't do it. He stopped and didn't rape her.
    I am not OK with this sentiment. THIS does NOT make it fine, regardless of any emotional stringing along Lori may or may not be doing.
  • joelabro
    Options
    No...but he sure attacked Lori. That was unacceptable. When a woman says no, get off, get the fuck off, or lose a testicle.

Yeah, but he didn't do it. He stopped and didn't rape her.
    I am not OK with this sentiment. THIS does NOT make it fine, regardless of any emotional stringing along Lori may or may not be doing.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you. I wouldn't, but that has major differences than the random criminal rape that Randall described at the beginning of the episode.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm heart broken. I love Shane. But I can see why he had to go, I was just hoping everything would be ok so he could stay. *sigh* i need time to mourn! lol
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think this whole thing is airborne. Not like you immediately turn while breathing the air, but after you die, you come back as a zombie because you've been exposed to it type stuff *shrugs*

Anywho, FCKING glad Shane is gone. I was so sick of him.

I'll admit, at the beginning of the episode I was feeling bad for him, but then after that, I just wanted him dead.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    Options
    I really don't think taking Randall into the woods was a ploy to get the truth. That was just icing on the cake. I think he'd already planned on killing him and getting Rick alone. I liked Shane's character for the most part. I even understood the Otis thing - I really just wish he and Andrea would have gone out of their own and had 2 different points of view to go by in the series.

PS... Hello Zombie Hoard! Please push the survivors off the ****ing farm! I am so sick of Pleasantville! lol.

And anyone else think it was weird that they just now boarded up the downstairs windows? Kind of foreshadowing on the on coming zombie battle don't ya think?