5 Tools to Stop Emotional Eating!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Freetobeme5
    Freetobeme5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have triggers when I’m having to do things that are challenging at work and needs a detailed plan - just thinking about it makes me eat chips or other crunchy foods while I start off the project.
    Another trigger is after a long hard workout I reward myself with ice cream or other rich sugary foods.
    These are two main triggers when I like to comfort myself with food.
    I will also try to honour myself by eating food I like and not only eat healthy food that I may not like. I must like my food so I don’t feel deprived.
  • Gamma423
    Gamma423 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this. Great information!
  • areyouready3691
    areyouready3691 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome Info!
  • ginasj55
    ginasj55 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I needed to read this this morning. I have an opportunity to participate in a year long program for diabetes prevention but find it way to easy to fall off the wagon. Why? Because I’ve been a world class emotional eater. I’m ready to do the work to change that narrative and this article reinforces that.
    Thanks!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Great information.
  • fitdoghiking
    fitdoghiking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This helps
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • GwynLeder
    Options
    I am an emotional eater. I am starting to do 2 things to distract myself. 1) writing in my journal to help myself not eat 2Z) start to learn to knit again. and 3_ call a friend
  • GwynLeder
    Options
    I am knitting while watching tv and writing
  • GatorK89
    GatorK89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My emotional eating is a struggle...I crave bread (especially my husbands homemade bread) and I eat when I am bored. Other struggles include the 2-3 PM doldrums that hit every day after staring at a screen for 8 hours already and there is still another 4 hours to go. I do get up to walk but sometimes I just need to chew on something. Trying to recall the stressors and triggers so that I can avoid them when possible.
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post. I have bookmarked it and plan to read it again and again.
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Love the tips...made me think what "honoring your body" really means
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    For me it’s anytime
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ebikejean
    ebikejean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this information. We're all different, so knowing self and triggers is important. I'm an emotional eater when I abandon a schedule. (virgo) I get sloppy when I don't have a plan. Back to my plan and it's going well. Good luck to all.
  • chaidi753
    chaidi753 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips .I just re joined because of emotional over eating! Happy, sad , bored frazzled. Stop the madness.