Non scale victories (NSV)

Options
sedosher
sedosher Posts: 142 Member
I thought we should start on our thread for our groups NSV.

1.) I went to a family birthday party last night and my brother in law asked if I was losing weight because my face looked a lot thinner. I smiled from ear to ear...because in reality I have gained 0.7 lbs this week since increasing my calories. :)

2.) I am just about the most non-flexible (or is it inflexible, haha), either way I'm not flexible, person you will ever met. Last night while doing some cardio I was amazed at it was so much easier for me to do things involving stretching...such as bend down and touch my toes. :)

Okay, your turn. I'll add as I think of more.

Happy eating! :)

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    NSV...well I posted on another discussion but though to add here too...

Last night after eating so much food just so I could burn cals in zumba, I just felt so pudgy. I got up this morning to a .2 loss but that wasn't it...I lost a half in. off my waist.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've got a couple :D

I play Kinect sports/adventures/games as my cardio and I played a tennis match that lasted twenty minutes today. I was wiped at the end but I won AND jumped in the air- a real jump too not my usual 'stumpy jump'.

I'm holding down more food and with the help of some liquid supplimenting- I've had three days now of meeting my calorie goals :D This is so huge for me- to come from starvation and binge to steadily FUELING my body... just amazing. One heck of a NSV!

OOh! one more- I can now see a bicep moosle on my arms! A real moosle with a real rise and fall and everything! It's neat and yes- I've made it 'pop' a few times lol
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I can do 3 sets of 25 12 inch box jumps!! and I am down to size 12 now.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. I touched my toes, WITHOUT bending my knees, for the first time in only the Big Man knows how long last week. LOVE HOT YOGA! :)

2. Tried on a pair of "size 4" shorts the other day. They FIT (albiet the thighs were snug). BOOYAH! :):)
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Have a pair of skinny jeans that last week I couldnt even get over my calves. Now they are half way up my thigh.

I'm going to try those suckers on every week until they are pulled up, zipped and I can walk in them. (Don't want to look like a pudgy robot so being able to walk normally in them forms part of the goal.)
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pulled on a pair of jeans that were zipped & buttoned, straight from the dryer! By the end of the day my husband said "your jeans are falling off of you" :)
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My new profile pic is my latest NSV ;)
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    While at work last week, my co-worker said that I've lost more weight, but I actually haven't lost any scale weight, but I have lost inches.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I went to church and shopping today.

I left my cane at home :D

*fist pump*
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yay gemi! :)
  • jae6704
    Options
    I went to church and shopping today.

I left my cane at home :D

*fist pump*
    That is great!! COngrads :flowerforyou:
  • jae6704
    Options
    I lost anouther .25 inch off my tummy that is almost an inch this week pluss 1.5 pounds. my arms are looking better. Now if I could just lose more on my tummy not sure how to do that.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, I have lost since Jan 15th an inch of my hips, 1.5 in off my waist and .5 in off my thighs...yay!
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I hiked for an hour with my 21 yr. old son yesterday afternoon at a local park. Some well-packed trail, some up and down on "stairs" made of rocks and some just plain road that was uuuuuppppp hill. :) Truthfully? There were some "ugly" moments of panting and gasping. :) But, that was mainly trying to talk on that uphill stretch.

Maybe the best part was son's "Mom, you did great. I'm so proud of you."

It was a good day!
  • anewjob
    anewjob Posts: 8
    Options
    I went to my sorority sisters baby shower. When I seen one of my "old heads" that lives out of town now, she said Jess your face is going down. I was cheesing like is it?! Thanks so much. Then she told me when I was walking around she can see it in my entire body. I was excited! Will post more when I have better ones. :)
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just started the Eat More Weigh Less method at the end of Feb and on March 1, I decided to take my measurements just to have a starting point:

Arms-13in. left, 13 in. right

Thighs-22.5in left, 22 right

Calves-15.5in left, 15 right

Waist-30.5in

Chest-33in

Bust-37in

Hips-38

Today (2 weeks later) I took my measurements again after increasing my daily food intake to 1800-2000 cals, decreasing cardio, and increasing weights:

Arms-12.5in left, 12.75in right

Thighs-21.75in left, 21.5in right

Calves-14in left, 14in right

Waist-29.5in

Chest-31.75in

Bust-36.75in

Hips-38in

For a total loss of 7.5 inches in just 15 days! :)
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started the Eat More Weigh Less method at the end of Feb and on March 1, I decided to take my measurements just to have a starting point:

Waist-30.5in

Chest-33in

Bust-37in

Hips-38

Today (2 weeks later) I took my measurements again after increasing my daily food intake to 1800-2000 cals, decreasing cardio, and increasing weights:

Waist-29.5in

Chest-31.75in

Bust-36.75in

Hips-38in

what does your decrease in cardio mean? running only for 40 minutes 2/3 times a day? what? and how much weight do you lift? This is all new to me. I am afraid of getting bulky and gaining weight back that i've lost....help! :-(
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Waist-30.5in

Chest-33in

Bust-37in

Hips-38

Waist-29.5in

Chest-31.75in

Bust-36.75in

Hips-38in

what does your decrease in cardio mean? running only for 40 minutes 2/3 times a day? what? and how much weight do you lift? This is all new to me. I am afraid of getting bulky and gaining weight back that i've lost....help! :-(

LOL, I was doing an hour of cardio everyday, now I dropped back to 20 minutes of cardio, unless I do a class. I only do 20 minutes of moderate cardio and then I lift the rest of the time. I do upper body and lower body on alternating days. My reps are 12x10x8x6x12-going from light to heavy with each set except the last set of 12, I drop back down. I work triceps, biceps, shoulders, back, chest, abs, upper legs, calves, all 2 exercises each. I do dumbbell workouts, bands, stability ball, stability dome, cables, machines and body weight exercises. A good app to download is Jefit, its a weight lifting app that shows you tons of different exercises for each muscle group, and it shows you demonstrations. You can even set up your own workouts.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I got told at work yesterday that I am starting to look much more slender!! Woo Hoo!!! lol

And I have gone a little over a week without looking at my scale. I was looking at it almost everyday so for me it is a victory!

Great job Everyone!
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have just increased my calories from 1500 to 1850 and will be eating up to 2100 on lifting days. Well today is my lifting day, I burnt 553 cals and I started my new lifting program and had so much energy. Not only that, I also do IF (intermittent Fasting) so eat from 12noon through to 8pm. I felt great with the amount of food I have been consuming and training (I made sure I had good form when lifting). I weighed myself at the beginning of the week and my fat was 28.3% today it is now 28%!!! - my muscle mass has increased from 33.3% to 33.4 and the weight has stayed the same at 152lbs.

All in all I feel content and happy that my body is getting the right amount to foods and exercise. I'm trying not to eat too much treats (but, they do fit into my macros :)) from time to time.

Have a great weekend folks.