Options

Replies

• nutritionwhiz
    Options
    I did more jogging than walking on my "beach walk" this morning
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A little NSV... When I told my husband 3 weeks ago that I was going to up my calories and increase my protein and use whey shakes to help me get there, he FLIPPED OUT (like seriously angry) saying I was going to gain 50 lbs. (I think the fact that he weighs 450 lbs disqualifies any input on what I eat or how I work out). He also said I would get bulky if I started lifting.

Well... this morning he asks me "Have you been drinking those shakes?". I said, "Yeah, why?". His reply: You are looking trimmer and super hot!

Hahahahahaha!

Love this one!

I'll add a silly little interim NSV. Yesterday my "saturday jeans" (the comfy ones that look good with sneakers but don't necessarily hug my *kitten*) felt a little extra loose in the waist, even though the thighs are a little tighter due to all the leg work I've been doing. I got a crazy idea when it came time to take them off -- so I tried it, and sure enough, they slid right down WITHOUT being unsnapped or unzipped at the fly. :blushing:
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think we need to focus on this thread more often because I am in awe of the victories here! HUGE successes beyond a silly scale reading. Reading these posts makes me so happy for you all and so motivated to keep on going, despite not losing anything.

However, yesterday during a run, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a window and I thought, " My arms look super toned!"

I think since I am so close to my goal weight that I am just going to focus on the NSV instead of the scale. I have been this current weight before, but I never looked this good!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think we need to focus on this thread more often because I am in awe of the victories here! HUGE successes beyond a silly scale reading. Reading these posts makes me so happy for you all and so motivated to keep on going, despite not losing anything.

However, yesterday during a run, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a window and I thought, " My arms look super toned!"

I think since I am so close to my goal weight that I am just going to focus on the NSV instead of the scale. I have been this current weight before, but I never looked this good!

Tha is awesome! It is great when you get to that point and dont allow the scale to move you or dictate how you feel about your efforts. I am way heavier than my "slim" days but I much prefer the muscle than the lower number on the scale.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have gained one pound since I started eating more about 7 weeks ago (Went from netting 1000-1200 to netting 1500-1800 a day). I measured myself yesterday and lost 1/2 inch in belly button and 1/2 inch in my saddlebag area! Woohoo!!!!! I am just now starting more strength training, so look out, here I come!!!!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love this one!

I'll add a silly little interim NSV. Yesterday my "saturday jeans" (the comfy ones that look good with sneakers but don't necessarily hug my *kitten*) felt a little extra loose in the waist, even though the thighs are a little tighter due to all the leg work I've been doing. I got a crazy idea when it came time to take them off -- so I tried it, and sure enough, they slid right down WITHOUT being unsnapped or unzipped at the fly. :blushing:

I love that! I can take my fave jeans off without unfastening them now too... but I want to wait for a few more inches before I buy some new ones.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I have to share!

I was sitting this morning on the couch- went to stretch my arms above my head (big yawn here) and something weird and gross touched my face! It felt like a warm steak was pushing on my cheek!

You should have seen the look on my face when I realized it was my deltoid. I'd never felt them before :laugh:

So my scale may not be nose-diving but my muscles are reaching for the sky!! :D
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    gemiwing - thank you for that chuckle.

Great job to all!!

I've decided that I'm no longer going to be so scale obsessed.

I've a couple NSV's....1. My size 14 Columbia pants (and Columbia runs small) are almost to big to wear. 2. DH and I were out with the kids the other day doing errands and DH asked what was wrong with my jeans (these are my go-to jeans) and I asked him why. He said it looked like I had a sack of potatoes in my pants. I can pull these pants on and off without buttoning them. 3. This one I'm not happy about..my bras are getting to big in the cups. I was a full 38C and now the cups sag out.

Now, Mother Nature just needs to quit getting sand in her lady parts and give us nice weather all day instead of gorgeous weather until 4pm and then thunderstorm like the ****ens. I've got a 5k Mother's Day weekend and a wedding in 6 weeks in NYC. That wedding is a big deal because the gal getting married...I was her nanny for 5 years. I've not seen her parent's in almost 10 years nor none of the other kids/parents that I used to babysit for in 15 years. I kinda need to be SMOKIN'. Or at least in a smidge better shape.
  • 10k4me
    10k4me Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just reached the end of 2 weeks. I went up 1kg and then back down 1 kg and am back at my start weight. But today my pants keep falling down, they are way too big, I'm worried I'm going to end up flashing someone in the office!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just reached the end of 2 weeks. I went up 1kg and then back down 1 kg and am back at my start weight. But today my pants keep falling down, they are way too big, I'm worried I'm going to end up flashing someone in the office!

make sure you have your good undies on then!:laugh: (congrats by the way).
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started upping my calories on 4/19/12 and I started at 40.1% BF.

Well as of yesterday I am down to 38.7% BF..... :)

I am so happy for two reasons:

1) I'm not starving!!!!!!
    2) It's working
    3) my skin is looking good and my nails are not spliting/chipping.

Ok that was 3 and I'm sure I can come up with a few more reasons as to why I love EM2WL!!!!!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have been looking in the mirror and liking what I see, this may not sound like a big deal but no matter what weight I have been at I always see myself at my highest. It's shocking to me to actually like my own reflection ;)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :-)
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    4 weeks in and my fingernails are growing like crazy!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is an NSV but I actually had to tighten my hrm strap because it wasn't staying up when jumping around exercising. Pants are loose and I'm constantly pulling them up because my hips won't keep them up, and I bought my first ever size 3 jeans, I'm normally in a size 6.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My scale is stupid! My weight appears to going up the scale instead of down the scale. So what! LOL. I am so proud that I was once wearing a 22/24 in dresses. Today, I am wearing a size 20! I was able to slip the dress on over my head without unzipping it. I say that is damn good. I also tried on a size 18 jeans on Friday night while in jcPenney. I was able to do squats in those jeans so I know the fit was real. I decided on Friday that I was going to stick with strength training because it is working. I was trying to go to the gym 3 nights a week for training. However, things would always come up. It is my strong desire to get in the gym 3 nights a week for training and to increase my weight. It is beautiful outside and I want to encourage my 9 year old niece to exercise so, I will walk with her around the track on the days I miss the gym. I am so glad I found this group. I would have given up or blamed myself for the scale not moving but, now I know that the scale is a joke and is stupid. LOL

THANKS!
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My NSV:

The other day my little girl (she's 2 &1/2) was playing "Mommy" to her doll. She said to my son: "Ok. I the Mommy. I need to go do exercise. You watch my baby so I can go exercise." and then she "jogged" a couple of laps around the house. LOL.

Yay for being a positive roll model!!!!!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    My scale is stupid! My weight appears to going up the scale instead of down the scale. So what! LOL. I am so proud that I was once wearing a 22/24 in dresses. Today, I am wearing a size 20! I was able to slip the dress on over my head without unzipping it. I say that is damn good. I also tried on a size 18 jeans on Friday night while in jcPenney. I was able to do squats in those jeans so I know the fit was real. I decided on Friday that I was going to stick with strength training because it is working. I was trying to go to the gym 3 nights a week for training. However, things would always come up. It is my strong desire to get in the gym 3 nights a week for training and to increase my weight. It is beautiful outside and I want to encourage my 9 year old niece to exercise so, I will walk with her around the track on the days I miss the gym. I am so glad I found this group. I would have given up or blamed myself for the scale not moving but, now I know that the scale is a joke and is stupid. LOL

THANKS!

YAY YOU:flowerforyou:
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Not sure if this is an NSV but I actually had to tighten my hrm strap because it wasn't staying up when jumping around exercising. Pants are loose and I'm constantly pulling them up because my hips won't keep them up, and I bought my first ever size 3 jeans, I'm normally in a size 6.

All of the above are NSV's! :happy:
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    Did some strength training.....and....almost met my macros!