Non scale victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained since I've been eating more, which is awesome because I really like to eat and was scared of that. ;) But I was feeling frustrated that I had not LOST anything until I grabbed the back of my thigh and realized I had less in that saddle bag area (ick). So I took measurements- 1.5" off each thigh, 1.5" off the hips, and an inch off the waist (inch off the bust too- not too pleased about that one. ;) )! My jeans are fitting better, and I can see ab lines! YAY! I have been stuck at 135 since December, wanting to get into the 120's, but I can't tell you how amazing it is to see my body change shape. :drinker: I don't need a number on the scale to show me how my hard work is paying off.

This is about 4-5 weeks into eating more- I upped slowly out of fear, but kinda wish I had jumped right in. Ladies- you don't have to starve yourselves to see your body change. Treat yourselves well. :flowerforyou:

Just awesome!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nearly 4 weeks into upping my calories and I've lost 10.5 inches in total from my bust, hips, thighs, bum, arms and waist (not 10.5 inches in each area but in total lol) I've still got a way to go but putting my fave jeans on today and having to keep pulling then was a great feeling 😃 x
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Nearly 4 weeks into upping my calories and I've lost 10.5 inches in total from my bust, hips, thighs, bum, arms and waist (not 10.5 inches in each area but in total lol) I've still got a way to go but putting my fave jeans on today and having to keep pulling then was a great feeling 😃 x

That is aweet..I have a pair that I think I will cry when I can wear them again....Nice NSV
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a few collected NSVs.

- My size 10 capris no longer fit at the waist. They droop down and look like ankle pants now because of my height. I had to double and pin the waist to keep them up.

- I noticed a little bulk in my biceps even at rest. Yayyyy!!! Sexy arms here I come!

- My cousin told me that I look so much leaner and she didn't even know I was trying to lose weight.

- I have "skinny" knees now. They used to have a layer of pudge around them.

I feel pretty. Oh so pretty ..... LOL!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I have a few collected NSVs.

- My size 10 capris no longer fit at the waist. They droop down and look like ankle pants now because of my height. I had to double and pin the waist to keep them up.

- I noticed a little bulk in my biceps even at rest. Yayyyy!!! Sexy arms here I come!

- My cousin told me that I look so much leaner and she didn't even know I was trying to lose weight.

- I have "skinny" knees now. They used to have a layer of pudge around them.

I feel pretty. Oh so pretty ..... LOL!!!!

You gave m a chuckle...love it!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get to the gym last night because my husband was out until after 11 eating wings and drinking beer with the boys... we're not in the best area of town and I don't like walking alone at night, so I stayed home and dusted off my hand weights set. I did some floor exercises, but I was excited because when I had them at 10lb previously it would kick my butt! Last night I had them set to 15lb and they were too light. :)

umm....i'm combining this post with your icon, and i've decided that i want to go to your church. :)

and congrats on the NSV.

What makes it better is he was out with a bunch of other preacher types :) Us Lutherans love our food and drink. Yay German traditions!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm Up 4 lbs but down 3.5 inches in the important places
    2 in off my "dreaded under boob roll" - aka fat under your bra line
    1.5 off my belly!

Yesterday I was looking through my old box of clothes that didn't fit me any more and was able to fit back into 1 pair of jeans!! woo.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My pants were loose this morning, in spite of TOM. :) That's all!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

That's a big one. I noticed my TOM wasn't the beast it usually is as far as bloat. There was still some water weight, but much less bloating. Where I usually gain about 5 lbs, I only noticed about a 2 lb difference. I just hate that it comes around the time that I like to do my milestone weigh-ins and I can't really differentiate water from real weight.
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I raised my calories about 2 months ago...don't know what I weigh because I haven't weighed myself. My pants are wayyyy to tight though. Seriosly, I can't wear them, so I bought bigger clothes to wear while I fix my body from all those years of starving. Even as a personal trainer, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. We even spent a summer in Salt Lake City, I'd get up and run 6-7 miles and then we'd go hiking for the day (carrying a 1 year old in my backpack for 3-4 hours) and burn anywhere from 400-2000 calories. Even eating 1200 on a day of a big burn (most days because we hiked 5-6 days per week), so I was netting 800 to minus 800 most days, my weight stayed almost exactly the same!

When I did p90X (4 times in 2 years), I didn't see much muscle growth and certainly NO weight loss...I also ran about 100 miles per month on the last round....no real body change for me. I didn't even lose doing Turbofire or Insanity!

So, I have gained weight or atleast size in the last 2 months...

My NSV.... while doing Yoga the other day, some of the moves were really hard (not because I am terrible at yoga, which I am and not because I despise it, which I do)
    because my new muscles kept getting in the way!!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I raised my calories about 2 months ago...don't know what I weigh because I haven't weighed myself. My pants are wayyyy to tight though. Seriosly, I can't wear them, so I bought bigger clothes to wear while I fix my body from all those years of starving. Even as a personal trainer, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. We even spent a summer in Salt Lake City, I'd get up and run 6-7 miles and then we'd go hiking for the day (carrying a 1 year old in my backpack for 3-4 hours) and burn anywhere from 400-2000 calories. Even eating 1200 on a day of a big burn (most days because we hiked 5-6 days per week), so I was netting 800 to minus 800 most days, my weight stayed almost exactly the same!

When I did p90X (4 times in 2 years), I didn't see much muscle growth and certainly NO weight loss...I also ran about 100 miles per month on the last round....no real body change for me. I didn't even lose doing Turbofire or Insanity!

So, I have gained weight or atleast size in the last 2 months...

My NSV.... while doing Yoga the other day, some of the moves were really hard (not because I am terrible at yoga, which I am and not because I despise it, which I do)
    because my new muscles kept getting in the way!!!!

LOL. I know what you mean! I have to really work harder on my flexibility as my muscles grow, but I do love how it looks when I do a certain pose, like warrior, and glance over in the mirror and catch a glimpse of some muscle tone staring back at me ;) Makes me really feel like a warrior, despite hating yoga =p

My pants kept going up in size at first too, I was kinda bummed til my SIL commented one day how much higher my butt was sitting, lol. Then it made sense, because I'd been doing some pretty hefty squats/lunges/deadlifts, and was actually filling the pants out more in the back! That's why they were so tight, lol...
  • ANewLucia
    Options

That's a big one. I noticed my TOM wasn't the beast it usually is as far as bloat. There was still some water weight, but much less bloating. Where I usually gain about 5 lbs, I only noticed about a 2 lb difference. I just hate that it comes around the time that I like to do my milestone weigh-ins and I can't really differentiate water from real weight.

I understand completely, to get a good weigh in, I can't have TOM anywhere near, no sodium highs for two days, and no lifting for two days...when is that all in synch...once in a blue moon....lol.
  • heygina
    heygina Posts: 78
    Options
    NSV: my "regular fitting pants" got loose on me last week. Last night I pulled out some pants I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years, and they went on. I showed my husband and he thought that soon I'd be able to wear 'em.

I decided to wear them today anyway, they aren't pinchy if I wear my spanx under them. yay nsv!
    ***edit*** my "underboob roll" is getting way smaller too. :D
  • anewjob
    anewjob Posts: 8
    Options
    Lately my clothes have been "baggey/saggey" and I refuse to buy new clothes until I loose about 5-10 more pounds. Anywho, one day last week the guy that works out in our jobs gym and usually see me walking the treadmill on my little break told me I'm looking wonderful. He said "Wow I see you're going down, good job". I said really, oh thanks :) I did not expect that at all, but the little walks pays off.

Then on facebook, my friend that's a traveling nurse and currently in TX wrote on my wall. "GIRL..... YOU LOOK GOOD". I was smiling so hard like thanks. The last time she seen me was Januray! I'm loving this journey. I couldn't thank you all enough for helping me with this journey. Thank you to my cousin ggfit10 for telling me about this website.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Lately my clothes have been "baggey/saggey" and I refuse to buy new clothes until I loose about 5-10 more pounds. Anywho, one day last week the guy that works out in our jobs gym and usually see me walking the treadmill on my little break told me I'm looking wonderful. He said "Wow I see you're going down, good job". I said really, oh thanks :) I did not expect that at all, but the little walks pays off.

Then on facebook, my friend that's a traveling nurse and currently in TX wrote on my wall. "GIRL..... YOU LOOK GOOD". I was smiling so hard like thanks. The last time she seen me was Januray! I'm loving this journey. I couldn't thank you all enough for helping me with this journey. Thank you to my cousin ggfit10 for telling me about this website.

So dog gone happy for you!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    NSV: my "regular fitting pants" got loose on me last week. Last night I pulled out some pants I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years, and they went on. I showed my husband and he thought that soon I'd be able to wear 'em.

I decided to wear them today anyway, they aren't pinchy if I wear my spanx under them. yay nsv!

Sweet and the best thing of all, it only gets sweeter...you get to eat and lose fat...doesn't that just make you want to stand up and do a quick dance! lol. Love it!
  • juicemoogan
    Options
    I was able to complete my first 10k last Sunday and I RAN the ENTIRE TIME!!! with the fastest time i have ever had so far 1 hr 11 minutes!

This isn't directly related to eating more, but maybe it is, i never had the energy to do that before in my 5 or so practice attempts at a 10k.
  • juicemoogan
    Options

YES!! that is the best!! I'm seeing a reduction in that too!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A little NSV... When I told my husband 3 weeks ago that I was going to up my calories and increase my protein and use whey shakes to help me get there, he FLIPPED OUT (like seriously angry) saying I was going to gain 50 lbs. (I think the fact that he weighs 450 lbs disqualifies any input on what I eat or how I work out). He also said I would get bulky if I started lifting.

Well... this morning he asks me "Have you been drinking those shakes?". I said, "Yeah, why?". His reply: You are looking trimmer and super hot!

Hahahahahaha!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    A little NSV... When I told my husband 3 weeks ago that I was going to up my calories and increase my protein and use whey shakes to help me get there, he FLIPPED OUT (like seriously angry) saying I was going to gain 50 lbs. (I think the fact that he weighs 450 lbs disqualifies any input on what I eat or how I work out). He also said I would get bulky if I started lifting.

Well... this morning he asks me "Have you been drinking those shakes?". I said, "Yeah, why?". His reply: You are looking trimmer and super hot!

Hahahahahaha!

Wow, awesome NSV!!!!