Message I just received - if you need a laugh :)

Options
krissypea79
krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
I just received this message from a "gentleman" on match.com:

"Have you ever worked in commercial farming or just hobby gardening? Other than that weather has been awesome! I may not be your traditional cowboy I do konw how to ride a horse have plent that we board a few of our own and a lot to offer the right person if you want we can chat some time if your interested and take it from their I have yet to update my profile and pictures the one I do have posted of me does me little justice but anyways their is a lot to any person and a lot more to what makes the world go round! enjoy the day an maybe we get to know each other and if cooking a acoustic guitar help for break the mold or ice bueno digame es mucha gusta chica Chow!"

My favorite part is "Chow!" - ugh is this really the type of person I attract?! Must be because I'm wearing cowboy boots in half my photos hehe. :laugh: Why on EARTH would he assume I worked in commercial farming!? lmao!!

It amazes me how many 30+ year olds still do not know how to form a proper sentence nor use proper grammar!!! Makes for some good entertainment though! (P.S. I am a very nice person, this is not intended to spark discussion on how he is probably a really nice guy and that everyone deserves a chance, or that I am being judgmental lol). I'm single, not desperate, and my standards don't go out the window just because I am on a dating site!!! It also amazes me how many people blatantly disregard your preferences and go for it anyways!

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Do you list an industry or type of work in your profile?

Which preference did this guy disregard?

The whole message misses the point as far as I'm concerned.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I give him 10/10 for trying!! :bigsmile:

And I agree, its amazing the lack of literacy out there!! But to be fair, if you met the guy in a bar, then its the last thing you would find out :wink:

Onwards and upwards, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Perhaps his keyboard is broken, and he simply doesn't have a comma key! Give him a chance! NOT.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Do you list an industry or type of work in your profile?

Which preference did this guy disregard?

The whole message misses the point as far as I'm concerned.

His message or mine??? lol. I listed that I am in nursing school. I do list that I enjoy country music, and as I said, I wear cowboy boots in my photos. I wasn't necessarily referring to him as being someone to ignore preferences, and maybe preferences was a bad choice of word - I guess what I mean is that people who clearly have ZERO in common with someone (his age was about 5yrs higher than my max), still think it's OK to write you. I just feel like they think just because you are on there that you are automatically going to go out with anyone who gives you the time of day.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    His message misses the point. The point of messaging someone on a dating site is to start a conversation and lead towards an in person get together. In messages, it makes sense to talk about fun stuff and just build some quality associations. That message was just goofy.

Sometimes people go overboard with preferences, but age is an important one.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    His message misses the point. The point of messaging someone on a dating site is to start a conversation and lead towards an in person get together. In messages, it makes sense to talk about fun stuff and just build some quality associations. That message was just goofy.

I agree....and one BIG BIG one that I deal with on a daily basis is men who have been married and/or have kids. I truly think that everyone deserves happiness, but I do not consider myself judgmental for wanting my future husband to be unmarried with no kids. Men have actually called me judgmental for having these preferences. To me, those are big dealbreakers. I am not implying there is something wrong with those people, but I wouldn't consider dating someone in those situations, it's just how I feel. For a man to message me anyway regardless really irritates me. It's irritating either way, because if they didn't "see" that those were my preferences, well then they didn't take the time to read my profile at all!!!!

I don't get the point of his message either. Maybe he was trying to find common ground, but randomly asking someone if they've been a farmer is just out there...not to mention his message was practically one long run-on sentence. I can give people some leeway on spelling because some people are not strong spellers, but punctuation is essential!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's better than the "Hey wuz up?" I often get :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    Options

I do not consider myself judgmental for wanting my future husband to be unmarried with no kids.

By unmarried with no kids, I am guessing that you mean he has never been married. I strongly prefer women who have never been married as well.

The older one gets, the more difficult it becomes to find someone who has not married and has no kids. The dating pool starts to shrink in late 20s/early 30s, and then after 35, those who are single are often divorcées.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Hey, it's better than the "Hey wuz up?" I often get :laugh:

Bahaha classy!!! :wink: Earlier I got a "ur cute, wanna chat?" Ummmm...not the words every girl dreams of hearing from her future husband :sick: hehe
  • krissypea79
    Options

I do not consider myself judgmental for wanting my future husband to be unmarried with no kids.

By unmarried with no kids, I am guessing that you mean he has never been married. I strongly prefer women who have never been married as well.

The older one gets, the more difficult it becomes to find someone who has not married and has no kids. The dating pool starts to shrink in late 20s/early 30s, and then after 35, those who are single are often divorcées.

Yes I meant never been married. But, unmarried is preferable as well!!! hehe :laugh: I do agree about it being difficult to find people who have not been married once you get to be in your 30's. Gonna keep on trying!! :smile:
  • krissypea79
    Options
    It gets better! I hadn't even replied to his first message from a couple of hours ago, and just received this follow-up:

"FYI I do not have dread's I do have long hair and a pony tale but smart classy casual and down to earth Like I said don't make any assumption's based on a photo the person under the snoopie mask is my friend who is very gifted and talented person such as myself. Next year we were planning on designing another mask the pond skiing contest at Mnt Snow. I made it across last year in my boxer briefs ........ anyways fun adventure a sense of humor I got yah covered........... never new it was possible to I can feel you wambat com going off from here LOL Maybe that or I am just a little so sensative one in the same plent of place around here for photography from waterfalls nature trails spring time lady slippers my favorite orchid to see...................I will post another photo on here as soon as I get a friend to take one for me! Did you go to the dance flurry at Saratoga last month I didn't because my acl tore again from snowboarding but going to the gym has helped me keep it together Plus I also study plant pathology and mycology from a hunter gather stand point and am working on learning the science's of the reasons behind that!"

WTF is wambat com?!?! lmao!
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAH! Aww. This is hysterical! And I feel bad for laughing. :-/ This is even better than the best one I've gotten thus far which read: "first my name is ran i am new in the US nice to read your profile :) i usually like to date older girls around 35+ but in your case you look older than your age around 30-32 so i guess its good for me :) i like the old look! i like the asian culture i like that the man is very dominant starting from early age and the women are passive :) i like the think that asian very monotonic (i don't need creative mind like the white ) for example asian not win a lot of nobel price and also i like that they not like to bee with other race, reaces is attractive trait, what are you doing in your life?" Sighs.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAH! Aww. This is hysterical! And I feel bad for laughing. :-/ This is even better than the best one I've gotten thus far which read: "first my name is ran i am new in the US nice to read your profile :) i usually like to date older girls around 35+ but in your case you look older than your age around 30-32 so i guess its good for me :) i like the old look! i like the asian culture i like that the man is very dominant starting from early age and the women are passive :) i like the think that asian very monotonic (i don't need creative mind like the white ) for example asian not win a lot of nobel price and also i like that they not like to bee with other race, reaces is attractive trait, what are you doing in your life?" Sighs.

Bahahahaha!!!! omg "you look older than your age?!?!?!" WOW. just WOW!!!! Maybe where "Ran" comes from, it is a compliment??? Well, online dating sure can be entertaining if nothing else! :tongue:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :happy: There's a great phrase for that kind of verbal jumble: a word salad.
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Hilarious. I'm not sure what kind of woman these guys think they deserve from messages like that. lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    LOL weirdo!!

I got this last week..

"Hola, rarita! ;-)
    I'm going out a lot next week and giving women a chance to meet me.
    I will, of course, be accompanied by my sweetest female companion whom I sometimes
    tie up with a leash.
    I'll know if she likes you if she licks your face. ;-)
    We're going to some shows and parties, and doing some hiking in nature! The kinds of
    places where I can run away if you turn out to be crazy.

The problem is, you look like you take a long time to get ready to go out.
    Am I right?"

Wth???
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    is he cute?!?!? lol!!!! if not "BLOCK"!!!! :laugh:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options

Bahahahaha!!!! omg "you look older than your age?!?!?!" WOW. just WOW!!!! Maybe where "Ran" comes from, it is a compliment??? Well, online dating sure can be entertaining if nothing else! :tongue:

whoa!!!!!!! Asians are monotonic?!?!?!?! definitely "BLOCK"!!!!!!!!!!!
  • krissypea79
    Options
    LOL weirdo!!

I got this last week..

"Hola, rarita! ;-)
    I'm going out a lot next week and giving women a chance to meet me.
    I will, of course, be accompanied by my sweetest female companion whom I sometimes
    tie up with a leash.
    I'll know if she likes you if she licks your face. ;-)
    We're going to some shows and parties, and doing some hiking in nature! The kinds of
    places where I can run away if you turn out to be crazy.

The problem is, you look like you take a long time to get ready to go out.
    Am I right?"

Wth???

omg!!!! I LOVE that he was more concerned about YOU being crazy and having an escape plan!!!!! WOW!!!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    haha I know.. idiot.

And then he assumes I take long to get ready!?

WELL I DO.. about an hour or so.