Message I just received - if you need a laugh :)

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's better than the "Hey wuz up?" I often get :laugh:

Bahaha classy!!! :wink: Earlier I got a "ur cute, wanna chat?" Ummmm...not the words every girl dreams of hearing from her future husband :sick: hehe

LOL to both comments because I get them often:laugh: This post really shows how many tools are really out there.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Do guys ever get messages like these????

I also got..

"NOW you are a real woman"

Really? :huh: What's a fake one?? :laugh:
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Do guys ever get messages like these????

I also got..

"NOW you are a real woman"

Really? :huh: What's a fake one?? :laugh:

Not in those exact words...but I have gotten comments about seeming like one of the only "normal" ones online...well, same goes for how I feel about the 1 out of 100 guys I feel compelled to reply to. I'm surprised when I see a guy who seems to have his s*** together, and knows the difference between "your" and "you're."

Another thing on match.com that annoys me - when people choose "I'll tell you later." No, you'll tell me now or I am not talking to you. For example, I don't want to find out on our 3rd date that you don't want kids, I want to know before going in. "I'll tell you later" is asking for people to ignore you...although I can see it being used for job or income, but for something like wanting kids, or whether or not you smoke - yeah I need to know that before proceeding!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I had quite a few guys asking for "fresh pics" on a first contact, which sounded a bit weird to me. Maybe I was overthinking ..... :huh:
  • krissypea79
    Options
    I had quite a few guys asking for "fresh pics" on a first contact, which sounded a bit weird to me. Maybe I was overthinking ..... :huh:

Well, fresh could be interpreted in a couple of ways - naughty pics?? or like new/current/immediate pic? either way, what a strange and inappropriate request!!!! Although there are some guys I'd like to ask to post BETTER pics - this one guy that "winked" at me had 14 photos, only ONE had them in it, and it was blurry! I don't need pics of the Alamo, the Golden Gate Bridge, or your rose garden. I certainly appreciate that you travel, but why not a pic of yourself in FRONT of the Alamo?? LOL!!!!
  • lorro
    Options

Well, fresh could be interpreted in a couple of ways - naughty pics?? or like new/current/immediate pic? either way, what a strange and inappropriate request!!!! Although there are some guys I'd like to ask to post BETTER pics - this one guy that "winked" at me had 14 photos, only ONE had them in it, and it was blurry! I don't need pics of the Alamo, the Golden Gate Bridge, or your rose garden. I certainly appreciate that you travel, but why not a pic of yourself in FRONT of the Alamo?? LOL!!!!

LOL!! This reminded me of one guy who was heavily disguised (hat and sunglasses) in his photos. Eventually I asked him to send me a photo in which I could actually see him. He sent one of himself in which he described himself as being "orally stimulated by an Australian female celebrity". I had vision of Kylie :noway: . Sure enough, he sent one of him in the jaws of a giant croc! He turned out to be a really nice guy, but it was an odd/funny intro!

Re the fresh pics - yes that's what I thought, could just mean current/immediate but perhaps in the hope for some nude shots (as if....). Weird either way!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    This is Fresh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NChc__dH3jA )

My messages to ladies are pretty normal, I'm using them to try to build the attraction.

Most women have not sent me wildly inappropriate messages, but I was getting too many random messages from women who were so far away from what I was looking for. On my profile, I had to clarify and I cut down on those type of messages.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    This is Fresh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NChc__dH3jA )

My messages to ladies are pretty normal, I'm using them to try to build the attraction.

Most women have not sent me wildly inappropriate messages, but I was getting too many random messages from women who were so far away from what I was looking for. On my profile, I had to clarify and I cut down on those type of messages.

Well you seem like a nice guy...if I lived in TX I'd say let's go on a date, hehehe :tongue: Oddly enough, I sometimes think I should have been born in TX, or the very least, someplace down South. I do love NY though!

Yes, messages should definitely have some substance to them. I agree on that. I got one earlier that just said "how's your night?" Really?? Is that the best you can come up with? Yikes.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I strongly prefer women who have never been married as well.

The more I date, the more I have an appreciation for men who've either been married or in a long term relationship before. They just seem to appreciate me more, whereas the couple of guys I've gone out with who were never married seemed to be way more critical of how a woman ages.
  • krissypea79
    Options

The more I date, the more I have an appreciation for men who've either been married or in a long term relationship before. They just seem to appreciate me more, whereas the couple of guys I've gone out with who were never married seemed to be way more critical of how a woman ages.

I don't mind the long relationship thing, in fact I prefer that to someone who's been a serial dater with only short-term relationships. I guess for me it's more of a cheesy idea that I want it to be the first time for the both of us. When you meet people, especially as you get older, you have to sort of live with the realization that most of things you are doing, they have already done - with someone else. I've always been sort of fairy-tale romantic, and the idea of both being married for the first time to each other just appeals to me. I think part of the idea is that if this person were really "meant for me," then we'd find each other before we found anyone else. Corny, I know!!!!! Maybe I need to be a little more realistic. I guess I REALLY can't say what would happen if the man of my dreams came along and swept me off my feet, and were a divorcee. I guess it would depend on the specific circumstances. The kids thing is not something I am willing to budge on, however.
  • lorro
    Options

Agree, it's one of the great things about dating older guys - some other woman has done all the hard work. :happy:

Only joking.

I do seem to attract married guys - not sure what that is all about, perhaps it's just the numbers thing (that most guys my age are married)
  • JanieJack
    Options
    I think part of the idea is that if this person were really "meant for me," then we'd find each other before we found anyone else.

I dunno.... my ex told me that he told his fiance she owed me big time: that if I hadn't handled the divorce situation the way I did, he'd never have realized he was wrong, gotten his act together, and learned the proper way to care for a woman's heart.

Somehow I don't think he's there yet, when he says stuff like this. But he certainly seems to be better. lol.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    for the record I like the boots
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    if I lived in TX I'd say let's go on a date, hehehe :tongue:

Thank you for asking me out Krissy :tongue: I'd say yes if you asked in person. :wink:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    the couple of guys I've gone out with who were never married seemed to be way more critical of how a woman ages.
    I don't understand what that means... How do women age and what is there to criticize?
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just received this message from a "gentleman" on match.com:

"Have you ever worked in commercial farming or just hobby gardening? Other than that weather has been awesome! I may not be your traditional cowboy I do konw how to ride a horse have plent that we board a few of our own and a lot to offer the right person if you want we can chat some time if your interested and take it from their I have yet to update my profile and pictures the one I do have posted of me does me little justice but anyways their is a lot to any person and a lot more to what makes the world go round! enjoy the day an maybe we get to know each other and if cooking a acoustic guitar help for break the mold or ice bueno digame es mucha gusta chica Chow!"

Wow....that was physiclally painful to read..........
  • JanieJack
    Options
    the couple of guys I've gone out with who were never married seemed to be way more critical of how a woman ages.
    I don't understand what that means... How do women age and what is there to criticize?

It's likda like women who have never been in a LTR w/a man expect him to constantly be the knight in shining armor, fix everything around the house the instant they ask, text them 1000x per day of their undying love, stay up talking to them all night after sex, and be filthy rich even though he spends hours hanging on her every word instead of actually working. Life isn't like that.

Ok, so I've gone out with 3 guys who were never married. All 3 of them constantly compared me to girls 15+ years younger as far as shape, skin tone. Those things change as you age. And one guy had the nerve to comment about how I could be "perkier." I ranted about how I'm quite pleased with my perkiness, thank you very much, considering I nursed my boy for a year and that takes a toll and how I hope there's other perkier women who would be happy to put up with his attitude because I won't.

I've lost 4 babies, one at 5 months. So my abdomen isn't going to look like a 20yr olds.

Also, 2 of these 3 guys seemed to be under the impression that life with a woman consisted of bringing home a paycheck and then playing video games all night with her cooking dinner and cleaning up so he can save his money from going out to eat. Um, you're 40 years old. Life is about more than just video games. And it's a 2 way street. I have needs, you have needs.

The last one that irked me, and this may be TMI, but you asked... I work hard (diet, exercise, self-awareness) to minimize the impact of TOM on the people around me. But the 3 guys I've dated who never lived with a woman took even the slightest perturbation in personality as a sign that I'm crazy-PMSing. I've seen other women be walking timebombs crazy PMSing, and that's not me.

So yeah, when I find out a guy I'm liking has never been married, never lived with a woman, I hope for the best but guard my emotions because I'll likely have to move on after he starts holding me to unrealistic expectations.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Got another message!!! This makes three from him, all with me not replying to any of them...wow.

"Ok I got my act together to day you be ready for full out fun game on so waht is new this week well if your a polar bear you can get outta hybernation mode this week don't need to freeze your bun's off! yes humor is optional is by anything of interest and compairing apples to apples and keeping somone's attention that is anything short of the documentary of stupidity it's on youtube but me and you cooking in the kitchen might be like curious george and apple I know cowboy likes them even though he is a little lame this week he still likes apples have never seen him say no to one! Me hiking and horseback riding in the free time maybe after we can try on my wanna be rock star ways of guitar I do konw r&b and this certainly is not my first rodeo............. I still can't sing and play rodeo clown but have never been in the ring and played guitar while be chased by a bull either but I did find out that playing your guitar while cooking score's point's it's like a extra ingredient that seasons the food! Was tought on my first kitchen job after seperating the pea's from the carrot's that the food taste better when you pu love into your art and soul's..................................."

just puzzling.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    WHERE ARE THE PERIODS?!?!? :explode:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Got another message!!! This makes three from him, all with me not replying to any of them...wow.

"Ok I got my act together to day you be ready for full out fun game on so waht is new this week well if your a polar bear you can get outta hybernation mode this week don't need to freeze your bun's off! yes humor is optional is by anything of interest and compairing apples to apples and keeping somone's attention that is anything short of the documentary of stupidity it's on youtube but me and you cooking in the kitchen might be like curious george and apple I know cowboy likes them even though he is a little lame this week he still likes apples have never seen him say no to one! Me hiking and horseback riding in the free time maybe after we can try on my wanna be rock star ways of guitar I do konw r&b and this certainly is not my first rodeo............. I still can't sing and play rodeo clown but have never been in the ring and played guitar while be chased by a bull either but I did find out that playing your guitar while cooking score's point's it's like a extra ingredient that seasons the food! Was tought on my first kitchen job after seperating the pea's from the carrot's that the food taste better when you pu love into your art and soul's..................................."

just puzzling.

"tossed" word salad....eek!