Level 1

Options

Replies

• Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    How long are we supposed to stay on Level 1? I started 30 day shred on yesterday and attempted Level 2 but my 7 month old woke up.

10 days on each level. Unless you feel a level is just too easy? Then I am sure you could go up a level.
  • jplentl
    jplentl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did my first session this morning.. Hard.. but I'm not feeling too bad now. thank goodness. I heard horror stories of post-day 1 workout pain.

How are you feeling today? Funny enough, I'm in some ways looking forward to that post-day-one workout pain. It's been so long. [I just had a baby almost 6 weeks ago]

I am in the same boat. I had a baby about 7.5 weeks ago and am so ready to lose this stupid baby fat!!!! I started last night and am a bit sore, which scares me just a bit. Shouldn't I be extremely sore? Did I put forth enough effort? I will be at it again this evening and I may try to get a Zumba class in as well.
  • jplentl
    jplentl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new and just did L1D1 today.
    Not as tough as I was expecting but a very good workout.
    I struggle with the pushups because my upper body strength is crap lol, but other than that I did pretty well.
    I was even able to follow the one chick who does the more advanced moves. Not the whole time but for at least half.
    I finished a lot stronger than how I started.
    I think it has to do with my breathing. Once I get it under control, and I work through the initial burn and that feeling like your are completely out of breath and have to stop...then its like something just kicks in and I can do it.
    By the end, with those bicycle sit ups, I was ready to be done, glad the cool down was after that lol.

I have been doing my own strength training, so I think that helped a lot. I do squats on my own so my legs are a lot stronger than my upper body. Plus I try the lunges as well because they are good for your legs so I was prepared for them.

I think I will be ready for level 2 after the 10 days. I would like to see my endurance get better.

I like it though! :)

I am new too. I started yesterday evening and look forward to the ab workout so I can lie down. :laugh: The push ups about killed me too. I am not as sore as I thought I would be (I hope I am putting forth enough effort). I am looking forward to seeing some noticeable results. I wasn't able to follow the advanced girl but I am hoping to be able to follow her at least by Level 1 Day 5.
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    Did D2L1. It was great! I feel really good. My arms are a bit sore, but I worked the soreness out of my thighs :)
    If it is raining tomorrow I will probably go on to do day 3 instead of cardio.
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    fitness pal has my calorie intake at 1400. i think that might be too much. any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

What is your height/weight/lifestyle. I'm 5'5", 186# right now and "sedentary" - as I sit at a desk all day. MFP has me at 1450/day at a 500 cal deficit to lose 1# per week.

I've been exercising and wearing a FitBit - so I'm seeing my cals go up slightly .... Oh, and I'm 35 as I'm sure that makes a difference.

I'm just getting started, but in my first three days the scale had me down 3# ... not sure how much I'll lose for how long.
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    I am new too. I started yesterday evening and look forward to the ab workout so I can lie down. :laugh: The push ups about killed me too. I am not as sore as I thought I would be (I hope I am putting forth enough effort). I am looking forward to seeing some noticeable results. I wasn't able to follow the advanced girl but I am hoping to be able to follow her at least by Level 1 Day 5.

I look forward to the abs, too! I desperately need the rest after strength and cardio!

I'm glad to see this convo, as I just finished L1D2. I did D1 on Tuesday. I did a 60 minute walk at 3.0 yesterday as I was too sore to attempt 30DS. I almost didn't do it today, but felt like I had to. I'm still really sore from D1, though.

I'm able to go pretty deep, Natalie style almost all the way through. But I'm with Anita on arms and cardio. By the end, with the side lunges w/ raises I can't even hold weights anymore. I just raise my arms and try to keep good form.

I use 5# for the rows and flies. But, either 2-3# on all the rest of the arms/shoulders. I am just not strong enough yet to do more.

I'm going to do L1 for 10 workouts - skipping no more than 2 days between, as long as I'm fitting in additional cardio - even if not crazy intense. I'm trying not to be to hard on myself for not doing more. I'm just starting out and getting in 30-60 minutes every day seems like a really good initial goal - when I went from doing nothing every day.

FWIW - My BFF just did the whole thing, 10 days each work out over about 2 months. And now she's going back through to follow Natalie and lift more weight consistently. Seems as good a plan as any. I feel like we're all looking for prescription for "if we do it exactly like this, we'll look like Natalie and Anita when we're done" :-) Maybe that's just me. But for now, I have to "settle" for just doing a hell of a lot more than I was doing four days ago, and PRAYING that the hard work pays off. Quickly-ish. Cause, after Jillian kicks my butt, I feel like I should look like a supermodel. And really, I just look like I did when I started the darn dvd.
  • texasyarngirl
    Options
    I just completed day 6 last night and am bearly sore this morning I even had energy to do a little Zumba after it this time. I did days 1-5 straight then took off sat and sun then started back again this week. I was worried that my body would "forget" everything since I took off two days but I think that is what it needed because I was getting so stiff I couldnt' hardly move uggggg

Were you sore days 1-??? and you're seeing the soreness decrease? Cause I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sit on the potty tomorrow without wincing.
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 6, still sore:)
  • joannakabana
    Options
    I'm on day 5 today. The cardio is killing me, but I can feel my body starting to change already!
  • joannakabana
    Options
    Does anyone else's calves hurt, or is it just me?
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nope, not calves, but that could be from the jumprope exercise. i've only done day one, the day after my chest hurt (where arms and chest meet, from the push-ups I guess) and today it's the front of my thighs. I couldn't find time to do it yesterday, really hope to get back into it tonight.

I'm doing Level 1 on YouTube, anyone know if Level 2 & 3 are available there too?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else's calves hurt, or is it just me?
    OMG my calves hurt SO bad after the second day. Then I had a cardio day and by the 3rd day, I was fine. I just started trying to do everything like Natalie, so my legs are a bit sore, but not horrible. I'm kinda nervous for level 2....
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    Decided to do day 3 today. My calves are a little sore. So was my back and upper arms last night. They feel better this morning, but a little tight and sore around the chest area, guess those chest flys are working lol
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did Day one on Wednesday. I meant to do day 2 yesterday, but had to take my little guy to the ER. I did Day 2 today. My calf muscles were pretty sore, but I don't mind that...it means it's working. The worst pain was from the pushups. I haven't done a push up in a long time. I barely made it through them on day one, but they were easier today. Probably because I knew that it would be over in a few seconds, KWIM?

What weight do you use in your hand weights? I haven't gotten into town to buy any yet and was wondering.
    I'm doing Level 1 on YouTube, anyone know if Level 2 & 3 are available there too?
    Cool! I didn't know it was on YouTube! My sister in college wanted to do this along with us, and that would be a good way! Thanks for the tip.
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    Did L1D3. I am tired today and didn't really feel like doing it...but I did. It is supposed to rain today and I would have to wait till my 9 year old daughter gets home from school to go and walk/run (because of my 4 year old son, I take them to the park with me). It will probably be raining by then. So I decided to just do day 3 of 30ds.
    If it isn't raining later today, I may go for a bike ride as well.
    I feel pretty good, (except for being tired) My legs are not sore anymore. My back and chest were sore last night but they feel good now, just tight.
    I am looking forward to seeing some results or at least feeling them and measuring them lol.
  • Daydreams406
    Options
    Do any of you feel compelled to just do it every day? I feel like I should do it every day. Even though I don't have to do it every day.
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    I actually try to do it every day. I assume that I'm going to be doing it unless my body is really pushing for a rest day (which it was yesterday). I've missed probably 4 days altogether (and I'm on day 14, or L2D4) so that's 2 days a week-ish. On the days I am resting from 30DS, I try to at least hit the pool for half an hour and do laps, so I'm at least doing something.

So it's not just you. :)
  • OwloftheFuture
    OwloftheFuture Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did it for about 3 days and gave up... Although it can be seen as a break since that was like 2 days ago. But add me, I don't mind having more 30 day shred buddies and having a constant schedule. I'm going to start all over again. Anyone going to start a group?

Tip: Go to youtube and find a stretching video! It helps to do those before and after. I learned that the hard way.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    day 6 - right leg muscle started hurting bad! but I can feel an endurance boost and I can feel some loss in the love handle areas!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My knee's really hurting still :( I haven't done 30DS for about three-four days. Might do it today, I dunno. Will start level 2. I'm angry at myself for giving up.