Intro

Options
downsizinghoss
downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
I was noticing how many of my friends seem to be in such a similar situation. We are 30-50 somethings trying to juggle work, family, and this whole fitness thing.

A lot of times it is easier to ask for feedback from those who can relate more

I figure we can try this for a little while and see if it gets any use.

Replies

• wvbuckeye
    wvbuckeye Posts: 45
    Options
    Here Ye, Here Ye!
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great idea for sure....
  • Mijo88
    Mijo88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's nice to be able to get a guys perspective on issues us guys have. Good job starting the group!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I feel like we should wear funny hats or something
  • Mijo88
    Mijo88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Like in the Flintstones! The Water Buffalo's!

Hoss you can be the Grand Puba!
  • GregB76
    GregB76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm here bro.
  • GregB76
    Options
    Why doesnt my ticker thingy show up?
  • GregB76
    Options
    Nevermind. Figured it out. Oops.
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I definitely idenify with the Hermit life style. And I am not sure what is will take to get out of that frame of mind. Even with some progress, my mind is still telling me Don't go outside.
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a group. Who's ordering the pizzas?
  • stephaneb74
    Options
    Great idea for a group. Who's ordering the pizzas?

Now that's funny right there..... I don't care who you are.....
  • stephaneb74
    Options
    More importantly, I am looking so forward to hear about the struggles from us big guys and not from miss skinny that can't seem to lose the last 3 lbs of flesh they have.....

Hope that on this group, losing your boobs is going to be a good thing, ...... I mean these girls they keep talking about it but we neversee pictures.... how lame is it ?
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ok, first off I'm not middle aged..

Ok, fine. I just did the math I guess I am.

Second off, thank God for this group.

Third off, where's my hat?
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes, it seems on this site that only women are concerned about losing weight. It seems we middle aged fat guys get lost in the mix. I like this. Oh, and I am hoping my breasts shrink.

Maybe in six months or a year we can be a group of middle aged anorexic tapeworms. That could be fun too. :)
  • stephaneb74
    Options
    Vade retro Satanas..... you said the A word.... we don;t say the A word here.... the A word is for sick people and we are going to be a healthy bunch ;)
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    'Tis my understanding from all the 'boomers' that 60 is the new 40, so 40-50 will be then (extrapolating) the new 20-30... You guys are kids!!! LOL~

I just tossed my hat into your ring - hopefully you won't throw it back out. I'm essentially in the same place as Millard Fillmore (what a prez, what a prez). 250 start, 243 current, headed to 205-195 range at this point and losing the accumulated fat while restoring the muscle.

I've not figured out that the 60's are old. My activity level is astronomically higher now than it was 20 years ago, life is more fun, and the ladies are still very delightful. What's to dislike! (Except the extra pounds that crept up and settled about my person uninvited...)
  • teejayjancik
    teejayjancik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning from MN! I really glad and excited that this group got started! I am a 47 year old with 5 kids and a sit down job. The only time that I can squeeze a workout in is if I go before work (which means that I need to get there at around 4 in the morning!) That makes for a very long day! But I am happy to do it if it means that I can real my goal.

Started out at 263 last October and am now down to about 243. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary a year from this April and I am working to get down to the weight that I got married at (which is about 170). So, as you can see I have a way to go!

I am anxious to hear about evryone's successes and struggles! Have a great day!
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    I'm in (thumbs up)... 47 and too many brontosaurus burgers the past couple few years
  • MillardFillmore
    Options
    Those bronto burgers w/cheese are pretty tasty and hard to turn down!
  • MillardFillmore
    Options
    Congrats to you! I am 46, 4 kids, and celebrating my 20th this year with my lovely wife. We live in Texas but have family in MN. We went there in 2009 and had a great time at our family's lakehouse in Alexandria.