Intro

Options

Replies

• mistermog
    mistermog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

32, two kids, just celebrated my 12th anniversary on Tuesday. Living in KCMO.

Holy crap, am I really middle-aged?!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This is cool! Great to meet everyone.

I love the fact that we are questioning the "middle age" part, but no one says a thing about the Fat part! :laugh:
  • stevearter
    stevearter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's great to be Royalty.........
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    More importantly, I am looking so forward to hear about the struggles from us big guys and not from miss skinny that can't seem to lose the last 3 lbs of flesh they have.....

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    57 Years old, 1 grown daughter, Successfully divorced from my third wife. Disabled for several years.....and....oh yeah, Heart attack Saturday before last. Doing well.
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    More importantly, I am looking so forward to hear about the struggles from us big guys and not from miss skinny that can't seem to lose the last 3 lbs of flesh they have.....

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amen...
  • TDSExpress
    Options
    I'm in (thumbs up)... 47 and too many brontosaurus burgers the past couple few years

Add:...3 kids, 11, 10, 6....been married almost 17 years....and we have a 90 pound puppy that's a little more than a year old
  • downsizinghoss
    Options
    57 Years old, 1 grown daughter, Successfully divorced from my third wife. Disabled for several years.....and....oh yeah, Heart attack Saturday before last. Doing well.

Just glad you are doing better!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group. I started MFP on Feb. 6th weighing in at 254. I'd like to get down to 200. I'm doing this in 10 week periods. I want to drop 15 lbs. in the first 10 weeks and then re-evaluate my goals.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options

Hoss you can be the Grand Puba!

I second this
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Reporting for duty. 39...turning 40 in May :-(

Middle-aged...yep, guess so. But I just bought a sports car so I feel younger :-)
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's great to be Royalty.........

Being French, I am not too happy about that.... we usually cut their heads off....
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will be 38 this year, been married for 6 years, have 3 step kids (16, 14, 13). Wife moved to Portland with her kids last month because she found a great job. I stay back because we need to sell our house and I have to find a job there before I quit here..... lots of stress
    I quit smoking last year and added about 18 lbs to my already fat body.....

I decided to not let myself go anymore than that. Being alone has advantages. I can go to the gym early morning, and prepare more healthy dishes. I cook for 3 growing teens and they eat a lot more than just salads....

Anyway I am already back to my pre stop smoking weight..... and I am determined to stop.

I have lots to lose to be in the healthy bmi range but I have set mini reach goals in increments of 10 lbs. First 10 lbs was a steack dinner at Texas road house and a couple of beers. Second 10 lbs same...... 50 lbs a straight rasor shave at a salon....
  • downsizinghoss
    Options
    I know how you feel on the stress side. I really wish we were able to do this in a vacuum with no other distractions.
    I am trying to change so that the more other crap that is going on, the more I focus on getting to the gym and making the right choices. It isn't easy, but if I don't, everything goes to **** quickly.
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hear that Hoss...it seems like when I finally get used to the changes I have had to make, then something else pops up. Dealing with stress and health is never easy but I am thankful to have good support (both here and with family)
  • Len61
    Len61 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all, awesome to find a group that isn't all women.
  • scloyd
    Options

Welcome lws1961.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options

Yes welcome Pull up a stool and grab a brew
  • chesh1520
    chesh1520 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in. 40 with two kids (6&4). Started at the beginning of March at 326. I should get below 300 this week (currently 302.4) for the first time in as long as I can remember. Looking forward to getting healthy with you guys.
  • scloyd
    Options
    Welcome to the group. A bunch of nice guys that are very supporting. It helps.