Intro

Options

Replies

• boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am in. 40 with two kids (6&4). Started at the beginning of March at 326. I should get below 300 this week (currently 302.4) for the first time in as long as I can remember. Looking forward to getting healthy with you guys.

Looks like we have similar weight goals, though you are attacking yours a lot more aggressively than I am. Welcome to the group!!
  • solly2225
    Options
    Good afternoon Gents.....Glad to find a group of guys going through the same things that I am. Started on MFP back in February. Have seen some modest returns, but have not been very faithful the last 6 weeks.....so am looking to get back on track. I have been married for 22 years and have two teenage boys. My oldest is going off to school next year. Currently hovering around the 240 mark and would like to be 225 or lower by the end of May.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
  • batdad2k12
    batdad2k12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    47 living in Georgia, working odd hours, 2 grown kids, 1 small child..........years ago I tried to get a group of guys together to lose weight and we put in $10 a piece to make it interesting. I called it the Clydesdales, and we did fine the first round, but it fell off quickly. Hoss, Clydesdale seems to fit your screen name.lol
    I just read a bunch of posts to this and there are too many comments to post to do it all. I have only been doing this since Feb. 6th, the day after the Super Bowl. I had found out that a female cousin was on here and had lost 45 lbs. No, she is not a size 2 complaining about not fitting into some unreal clothes. So far, I am doing well. I am not weighing every couple of days, because then I would get discouraged. I did measure my stomach at its largest girth and I have lost an inch off of it! I know I didn't get this way overnight, that it took years, so I am more apt to take it slow and change my eating habits. Low and slow is good for cooking barbeque, so I am going low and slow to cook off my fat too. lol
    Water Buffalo is a great pic for this group. But we need to limit group gatherings to light beer and pizza only once a month or so. lol Maybe we can come up with recipes or meal suggestions for each other. The exercise seems to be the hardest thing to get going and maintaining. Any suggestions for me? Please add me as a friend if you like and message me your suggestions.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group! I am just up the road from you
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello long lost brothers,
    While I have been on MFP since January, I have only just found my rightful place here at TROOMAFM! I daring say I qualify and argue not for I am 44, definitely fat and all man (when my wife lets be one :-).
    Late last year, I quit my job as I just could not face being at work and having responsibility. Needless to say that at about 150kg (330lb), sleep apnoea and being in a very poor mental place I needed to change or give up. I thought of my family 3 kids 12,15,19 and my supportive but too busy & stressed wife and figured they deserve for me to at least try.
    I joined the local gym, got a trainer and started riding my old bike. It took a couple of months at the gym to realise that my food is the issue, the old saying " get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen" struck home. I found MFP and started my nutritional self education journey. Every month or so I learn new things and alter my balance.
    So far I have lost about 15kg since January and have committed to playing rugby again for my old team. First game was last week, It hurt more than I hoped, but less than I thought.
    I apologise for rambling, but I am hoping that you will not hold it against me ( for you will get all sweaty).
    Cheers
    Michael
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon gentlemen. I hail from Central Florida, 44 years old, 3 boys (1 biological, 2 stepsons), married to my soul-mate. I guess I am old enough for this crew.
  • scloyd
    Options
    Welcome to the group pearsy67 and 10KEyes.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group pearsy67 and 10KEyes.

Wow we are growing fast, Welcome
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i guess i should introduce myself as well - been inthe group for a week or so. I was 191 - 5'6" & 42. Started working out with my daughters back in October (they are 12 & 14). I've increased strenght alot and body fat has dropped but weight hasnt moved much. Eating alot better lately. I find that since i starte adding friends i'm more "involved" with my weight loss. Getting good tips on what the "big losers" eat. Surprised that peanut butter is so popular - i use to avoid it but i dont anymore! Feel free to add me.

Leo
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    i guess i should introduce myself as well - been inthe group for a week or so. I was 191 - 5'6" & 42. Started working out with my daughters back in October (they are 12 & 14). I've increased strenght alot and body fat has dropped but weight hasnt moved much. Eating alot better lately. I find that since i starte adding friends i'm more "involved" with my weight loss. Getting good tips on what the "big losers" eat. Surprised that peanut butter is so popular - i use to avoid it but i dont anymore! Feel free to add me.

Leo

Welcome Leo, Friend request sent.
  • Dragonlew
    Options
    Hi...I'm just gettin' ready to start losing weight. Been on plenty of diets like WW and JC and PhenFen and one that went out of business, Medi-Trim. I weigh 285 lbs. and need to be near around 150-160 lbs. for my 5' 5" Height. I'm not sure how all of MFP works. Just a newbie.

Dragonlew (Lew)
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm just gettin' ready to start losing weight. Been on plenty of diets like WW and JC and PhenFen and one that went out of business, Medi-Trim. I weigh 285 lbs. and need to be near around 150-160 lbs. for my 5' 5" Height. I'm not sure how all of MFP works. Just a newbie.

Dragonlew (Lew)

Welcome and good luck!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options

Dragonlew (Lew)

Welcome Lew, you come to the right place. Pull up a stool
  • scloyd
    Options
    Hi...I'm just gettin' ready to start losing weight. I'm not sure how all of MFP works. Just a newbie.

Dragonlew (Lew)
    Welcome Lew. This group has a lot of nice supportive guys. Good luck.
  • ironhorse77
    Options
    What do you guys eat for breakfast20207794.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My usual BF used to be a a normal 'health' cereal like Uncle Toby's Lift, with Lite milk. Lots of sugar in that so I swapped back to Weetbix with Lite milk.

I left the milk out the other day and so ended up making a chocolate protein shake and pouring that over my Weetbix. And it ROCKs, tastes great buggar all sugar and some protein for BF. What more can you ask for.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I do a variation of eggs and toast just about every day!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,
    Thanks to my friend Tony for inviting me to join this fine group. My name is Michael, I go by the call sign WingMan. I acquired that name due to the fact I ride a Honda Goldwing. I am from the great state of Tennessee and am looking forward to getting to know you guys and hanging out with y'all.

WingMan
    Michael
  • scloyd
    Options
    Welcome Wingman.