Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• Sharon1189
    Sharon1189 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Houstonians!! My name is Sharon and I joined this group in hopes of being able to support one another through a long, but worth it, journey! :)

I've always been overweight and I've tried many different ways to lose weight. I'd lose some weight, then gain it all back. No more excuses, I'm going to lose the weight and lose it for good! Please don't hesitate to friend me! One can never have too many friends :D
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm Hadir, I'm 32 yo, I moved to Houston in October 2012, I'm looking for accountability buddies in Houston.
  • meant2bslim
    meant2bslim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Shannon. I live in the Clear Lake area. This weight loss thing has been a roller-coaster ride for me, esp. dealing with hypothyroidism. I am determine not to give up until. I will reach my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend ...Hope everyone have a great weekend!
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Houstonians! I'm Courtney, 29 years old and live on the Northside (spring/woodlands area) but from the Southside (****inson/bacliff area) lol. I've struggled with my weight for a long time and have finally decided to do something about it. There is more of a bio about me on my page. You'll have to add me though to read it ;)
  • christineyel
    Options
    Good day Houstonians! My name is Christine and although I'm not new to MFP, I've been inactive. So today I'm restarting my journey to get more fit and adopt some healthier habits. I'm a 30 year old newlywed who lives in the Pearland area. I would love to make some friends on here to help motivate me and I'll do the same!
  • littlebit8402
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Angela I'm 30 years old. I'm from League City. I'm trying to lose about 50 pounds or at least 4 dress sizes before my wedding. July 2015. I have a while but it's been hard. I could really use a workout buddy but so far none of my friends are interested. :( I go to 24 hour fitness on 646 if anyone is interested in a workout buddy!
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Jeff and I'm in Houston (Katy Area).
  • CredaPillar
    Options
    Hey y'all! Im Shaleen, I've been in Houston for officially 10 months this week. I moved from up north so its been a bit of a challenge but when it comes down to it I believe that my move here has helped me realize a lot of things including its time to get serious about loosing weight and Im so excited for it. Ive been large my entire life - my parents never modeled good eating or working out behavior so its time to re-teach and re-learn!

Im always looking for people to get together with and walk - even do other work outs together. I live on the south eastern side but Im always willing to explore more of Houston.

Feel free to add me as a friend - make sure to say hi or something in an email. :)

Have a fantastic day!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Anna and live in the Katy Area....I am not new here but in the past have been quite the inactive member of MFP. I am going to change that this year. I want to change my current lifestyle to a healthier one, however, its kind of tough when you work full time, are a full time student and a single mom. Good Luck to all!
  • Sjarkey15
    Sjarkey15 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Sam

22. Trying desperately to make a new lifestyle for myself. Looking for people who are in the Same boat as me. looking for support, motivation, or someone to rant to when life gets tough... Or when someone brings in cupcakes to work!!

I like to ride my bike at the trails, walk with my dog at the parks. I live in NW Houston

5'9" female 22

SW: 204
    CW: 198
    GW: 140

ADD ME!!
  • tiffpip99
    tiffpip99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tiffany here from west Houston
    I have been here a few years now and I started out really strong and lost some weight. I was in for three months and then sort of stopped. I have since Been back and forth between 3-5 pounds. I am ready to do this. 30 pounds to lose.
  • sydnetillman
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your marriage!
  • ablanco311981
    ablanco311981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Angie. I've been in Houston for almost 2 years now. I have been on mfp for over a year but have been pretty inactive. I'm hoping to change that. Within the past year, I had been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and pcos, which has made weight loss unbelievably difficult for me. I am at a point now where I need to make some changes for my own health and I finally feel ready to do that. I'm in the Spring/Tomball area. If anyone wants to request me (or perhaps looking for a workout partner), please feel free:)
  • hellodmo
    hellodmo Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

David here. 35 in four days. I have about 30 lbs left to go. My main motivation is my son. I don't want him to grow up embarrassed that his dad is overweight. His mommy cooks so well! I'm just having to learn to eat less. I'm not an emotional eater, just a volume eater, and as the youngest of three boys, that makes sense. I always had to compete for food.

I've lost 60 before on WW, but gained back about 30 of it. This time I want to make it down below where I was with WW and then maintain.

Anyways, looking for a few friends, so feel free to add me!

-David
  • naeishian
    naeishian Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi!

I haven't logged on here in months. Not sure if I've previously introduced myself. My name is Nae. I will be 30 in early July. I'm hoping to finally shed the weight that I've gained from emotional eating and depression. I was diagnosed with infertility 3 years ago and I've been on a downward spiral ever since. I'm currently pursuing the adoption process through CPS and I would like to deal with my weight before I finally become a parent. In desperate need of support and motivation. So here I am. Lol
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am Nic from the Galleria area. Let me know if you need a work-out, running, outdoor activity, anything that involves health and fitness buddy!

Nic~
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Dom from the Energy Corridor. I'm 31 years old and I really can't remember a time when I was thin. I had been a fat kid, then became a fatter adult. I've been trying to fix that and had some success where I'd lose 30-40lbs but gain it all back. Now I think I am at a point where I can do this. I've dropped 77lbs so far and would like to lose another 30-40 but I don't have a set goal. I do a lot of powerlifting at the 24hr Fitness on Dairy Ashford and Westheimer but I have been adding more cardio into my workouts as well.
  • SuzyQ390
    SuzyQ390 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Y'all! I'm Susan and I love in Tomball. I hope y'all are having a great week so far and hopefully all the rain is gone for a while.

S
  • SuzyQ390
    Options
    Hi all,

I live in the Westchase area and I am an MFP junkie :smile:

Hey there! I work in Westchase, off Wilcrest. Nice to meet ya!!
  • SuzyQ390
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Evelyn and I am so excited about being apart of ths group!! I lost about 85 pounds 2 years ago but have gained 65 back:-( I am here for accountability and motivation to loose the weight and get healthy!!!!

Evelyn, I feel ya girl!! I lost 130 and have gain almost all of it back after a hysterectomy. I hope you're having a great day and Happy Losing!!

Susan