Replies

• m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    those daily exercises are no joke!
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great first day. I feel really good about mine. I am under calories for the day and drank 12 glasses of water. I swam, walked to pick my daughter up from school, did aerobic pilates, and finished the challenge for the day. I am feeling really motivated now, and I wasn't at all a few days ago.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    sara I'm a teacher too! that's awesome you squeezed in exercise. I need every second of spare time at work to get things done off the never-ending list but I have been trying to walk laps on the track around our field at recess time! It helps to keep tabs on the kids better too, walking all around where they are playing.

I hear ya! Usually, I have just enough time to make some copies, check in with a student who's falling behind, and prep materials for my next class before my precious 39 minutes are up. But today I decided to do my copies first thing in the morning, so I used about 8 minutes to do the exercises. :)

Enjoy your break!
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    day 1

exercise:

176 cals burned (176/32500)
    45 mins (45/1950)

Drank 12 cups of water (and will probably get in a couple more)
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Day One: All done and excited to continue tomorrow:drinker:

Water, walking, decent food choices, challenge exercises... as well as some free weights and gardening. I hope I can stay this focused...it is easy when you focus on each aspect of what "works".

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow:flowerforyou: Kackie
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So is it correct that we post ALL of our point-gaining achievements on this thread?

Day 1 - (4-2-12)

Water - Daily total, 15 glasses
    Daily Workout - DONE
    Miles Walked - Total - 6
    Under Calorie Goal - DONE

I am SOOO excited to say that I have achieved this today! It has been a very difficult day for me physically and I didn't want to get on here until I got all of this done. I am excited about what will be accomplished through this challenge! :)
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is almost finished! About to eat dinner, but I entered it already into my diary, so I'm good to go!

under calorie goal--check!
    workout--check! lifted weights in addition to the Challengers level exercises
    water---made myself drink 12 cups! My oh my!
    miles--none today. I walked 3 and ran 3 yesterday, so I entered those as today.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges - YES!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 4 miles
    Burned 507 calories: 32500-507= 31993 to go!
    Minutes 68: 1950-68 = 1882 to go!

Everyone did so good today! Congrats on such a great first day! Let's keep it going!

I NEVER drink that much water -- I am proud that I got it all in -- I usually only do 6 glasses. It does make me full to help keep under calorie goal! Now let's hope I am not up all night running to the bathroom -- hmmm, I could count that towards my walking miles lol, just kidding :smile:
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Day 1

Exercise Challenges - Done
    Water- 12 cups - and will probably drink more
    Under calorie goal today - Yup
    Walking Challenge: 2 miles
    Calories Burned: 330/32500 = 32170
    Exercise Minutes : 54/1950 = 1896
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Water- 8 cups
    Walking Challenge: 6.9 miles
    Burned 456/32500
    Minutes 110/1950

Everyone is off to such a strong start!! Keep up the hard work -- determination will get us results!

Kelly
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Day 1

Water- 8 cups
    Walking Challenge: 2 miles
    Burned 582/32500
    Minutes 70/1950

Took me a while to figure this all out and get it logged in, but YAY! Good Day for all it seems! Keep up the awesome work, everyone!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Exercise Challenges - Yes
    Water 10 cups
    Under calorie goal - yes
    walking challenge - 3.5 miles
    calories burned - 523/3500
  • smarce
    smarce Posts: 24
    Options
    Day 1 done!
    Under calorie goal yes
    Daily challenge yes
    Water 13 cups
    Walking challenge 3 miles
    Calories 503/32,500
    Minutes 65/1950

Have a great night everyone!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK!! :noway:

You are all doing such an amazing job with this challenge so far !! I'm so excited for all of you. Sorry I haven't been on this thread much - I work 2 jobs (one is my own massage business in the evenings & Saturdays), I usually walk to work and home every evening unless it's pouring rain (2 miles each way), AND trying to get this challenge off the ground, AND finding time to squeeze in my own exercises challenges!! Whew!! But you guys are so much encouragement for ME and I'm sure you are for each other as well!!

Hopefully this thing will start running smoothly and we can all start concentrating on the challenges, walking our gazillion miles, and LOSING SOME POUNDS!! :happy:

Have a GREAT Tuesday everybody!!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Anyone else wake up with sore abs this morning?!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If we update in googledoc's what we've done - do we still need to leave it on this thread???
    (I'm kinda assuming not -as that would be redundant) :glasses:

interesting what I thought would be the 'killer' (plank) wasnt as bad as what I thought would be easy/ok (tricep thing) -
    o my goodness - I really struggled with that one!! :noway:

have a WONDERful day
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Water- 12 cups
    Walking Challenge: 4 miles
    Burned 507 calories: 32500-507= 31993 to go!
    Minutes 68: 1950-68 = 1882 to go!

Everyone did so good today! Congrats on such a great first day! Let's keep it going!

I NEVER drink that much water -- I am proud that I got it all in -- I usually only do 6 glasses. It does make me full to help keep under calorie goal! Now let's hope I am not up all night running to the bathroom -- hmmm, I could count that towards my walking miles lol, just kidding :smile:

How funny!!! You did great today! Everyone did!
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Of course I woke up sick on the 2nd day! I am determined not to let it set me back. My abs are a tiny bit sore, but the tricep exercise was the worst for me. I never work my arms and they are pretty weak.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Of course I woke up sick on the 2nd day! I am determined not to let it set me back. My abs are a tiny bit sore, but the tricep exercise was the worst for me. I never work my arms and they are pretty weak.

So sorry to hear that! Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    If we update in googledoc's what we've done - do we still need to leave it on this thread???
    (I'm kinda assuming not -as that would be redundant) :glasses:

interesting what I thought would be the 'killer' (plank) wasnt as bad as what I thought would be easy/ok (tricep thing) -
    o my goodness - I really struggled with that one!! :noway:

have a WONDERful day

No - you don't HAVE to put what you've done on this thread... posting here is more for encouragement and just to let each other know how we are doing and "what" we are doing.... the place that I NEED to see the info is of course on the google doc spreadsheet - if you want your hard earned "points" for this challenge!! :laugh: