Week 1 - CHALLENGERS

Options

Replies

• cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just did the day 2 exercises...those fire hydrants were tougher than I thought!! My butt is sore already!

I really pushed myself in my strength workout last night and I'm a little sore today, but was glad I could get through all the challenge exercises. Now i just have to run 4 miles after work...

Day 2 is so far successful!
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Of course I woke up sick on the 2nd day! I am determined not to let it set me back. My abs are a tiny bit sore, but the tricep exercise was the worst for me. I never work my arms and they are pretty weak.

So sorry to hear that! Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Thank you:)
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Hahaha! I posted on the Challengers thread instead of my Enthusiests! Sorry for the confusion!!!! But good job everyone! :blushing: :happy:
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK!! :noway:

You are all doing such an amazing job with this challenge so far !! I'm so excited for all of you. Sorry I haven't been on this thread much - I work 2 jobs (one is my own massage business in the evenings & Saturdays), I usually walk to work and home every evening unless it's pouring rain (2 miles each way), AND trying to get this challenge off the ground, AND finding time to squeeze in my own exercises challenges!! Whew!! But you guys are so much encouragement for ME and I'm sure you are for each other as well!!

Hopefully this thing will start running smoothly and we can all start concentrating on the challenges, walking our gazillion miles, and LOSING SOME POUNDS!! :happy:

Have a GREAT Tuesday everybody!!

YOU rock! Thank you for organizing all of this!!
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    GREAT DAY 1 TEAM!!

GO CHALLENGERS!

Good luck today everyone! You can all do it!

It is helping that I have a team thing going here, because it's easy to let myself not do it, but if I'm going to bring a team down, I will make myself do it :)
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Carrie: Feel better soon! So sorry:-(

Well, I DID drink 12 glasses of water and a lot of it was late afternoon and evening (since I was outside most of the day gardening and walking.)...:huh: Needless to say, I woke up all night long running to the bathroom. Seriously, I should have had my pedometer on! I am downing my water earlier in the day today:huh:

Good luck on day 2 Everyone!!!

:heart: :heart: Kackie
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Well, I DID drink 12 glasses of water and a lot of it was late afternoon and evening (since I was outside most of the day gardening and walking.)...:huh: Needless to say, I woke up all night long running to the bathroom. Seriously, I should have had my pedometer on! I am downing my water earlier in the day today:huh:

That's what I do.... I try my best to drink all of my water before 7 or 8pm ..... that way I'm not up all night going to the bathroom!! I'm SOOOO proud of you for getting that much water in.... :drinker: that's awesome!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Of course I woke up sick on the 2nd day! I am determined not to let it set me back. My abs are a tiny bit sore, but the tricep exercise was the worst for me. I never work my arms and they are pretty weak.

Sorry you are not feeling very well...... drink plenty of water :drinker: (hehehe - couldn't resist) . Seriously tho - you can always "catch up" on the challenges by the weekend if you get a day or two behind...... no worries!! Hope you get to feeling better SOON!!! :flowerforyou:
  • carriel1976
    Options

Thank you!

LOL on the pedometer for late night bathroom runs.! I have been there.

That's what I do.... I try my best to drink all of my water before 7 or 8pm ..... that way I'm not up all night going to the bathroom!! I'm SOOOO proud of you for getting that much water in.... :drinker: that's awesome!!
  • carriel1976
    Options

Sorry you are not feeling very well...... drink plenty of water :drinker: (hehehe - couldn't resist) . Seriously tho - you can always "catch up" on the challenges by the weekend if you get a day or two behind...... no worries!! Hope you get to feeling better SOON!!! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Thank you! I will def get my water in and exercise and walking challenge. I dont know if I will hit 500 calories but I will try.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -- Tuesdays are my busy day at work. I work from 8-6 then go straight to bowling from 6:30 -9:30 so it is just one big crazy day. I don't get home til close to 10pm. Since my schedule is crazy on Tuesdays, I always take my rest day on Tuesdays. So, I will try to either squeeze in the exercise challenges throughout my day or I will do it when I get home from bowling but I won't get any miles in today. I just thought I would let you know. I didn't want everyone to think I was slacking already lol.

Okay, back to work! I will check in later!

Everyone is doing GREAT! We are rockin' it :smile:

Dorie
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i leave for vacation this afternoon for 2 weeks. i printed out this weeks excercises, going to figure out how to get next weeks excercises when their ready to be printed but i just wanted to give u guys a heads up that im not MIA, i'm still here doing the challenge just doing it from afar lol. i won't be able to access the google documents from my phone but I promise i will be working hard!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    hey guys! i leave for vacation this afternoon for 2 weeks. i printed out this weeks excercises, going to figure out how to get next weeks excercises when their ready to be printed but i just wanted to give u guys a heads up that im not MIA, i'm still here doing the challenge just doing it from afar lol. i won't be able to access the google documents from my phone but I promise i will be working hard!

Have FUN on your vacation!! :happy:
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    working on getting todays challenge exercises done...kiddos dont seem to want to give me just a few minutes to complete them so they are getting broken up but done. Hoping to hit the gym this evening for a good workout if not I will just hit my treadmill and get at least my 2 miles in.

I have been super distracted today watching all the weather footage for the tornado outbreak in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I am originally from Dallas and all my family and friends are there. Thankfully no one I know has had a direct hit so far but Im hearing rumors that my actual town growing up has sustained a very hard it...its crazy
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    working on getting todays challenge exercises done...kiddos dont seem to want to give me just a few minutes to complete them so they are getting broken up but done. Hoping to hit the gym this evening for a good workout if not I will just hit my treadmill and get at least my 2 miles in.

I have been super distracted today watching all the weather footage for the tornado outbreak in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I am originally from Dallas and all my family and friends are there. Thankfully no one I know has had a direct hit so far but Im hearing rumors that my actual town growing up has sustained a very hard it...its crazy

That's very scary -- I hope everyone is okay!!

Good for you making some time for your exercise!!
    Dorie
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options

You are all doing such an amazing job with this challenge so far !! I'm so excited for all of you. Sorry I haven't been on this thread much - I work 2 jobs (one is my own massage business in the evenings & Saturdays), I usually walk to work and home every evening unless it's pouring rain (2 miles each way), AND trying to get this challenge off the ground, AND finding time to squeeze in my own exercises challenges!! Whew!! But you guys are so much encouragement for ME and I'm sure you are for each other as well!!

Hopefully this thing will start running smoothly and we can all start concentrating on the challenges, walking our gazillion miles, and LOSING SOME POUNDS!! :happy:

You must never sleep! All the work you've done to set up this amazing challenge for us must have taken hours and hours! Thank you for everything you've done!!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options

You must never sleep! All the work you've done to set up this amazing challenge for us must have taken hours and hours! Thank you for everything you've done!!

It is awesome to be a part of something so well organized!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I agree...you must not sleep Teresa. I hope that you got to get your own workouts in today and that we can support you as well as you have the rest of us!

Today was a good day with food, water and exercise. I learned my lesson last night with my water intake and am now at 13 glasses and will not have a drop now until I wake up tomorrow. HOPE that I will do more sleeping and less running tonight:noway:

I am enjoying having some different exercises to do each day...I have been doing pretty much the same floor exercises each day and it's nice to shake things up a bit...and hopefully tone some areas that I have "missed"!

Have a nice evening, Everyone! On to day THREE!!! Kackie:heart:
  • onefitsurvivor
    Options

[/quote

Thank you! I will def get my water in and exercise and walking challenge. I dont know if I will hit 500 calories but I will try.

Feel better, hon!
  • onefitsurvivor
    Options
    Day 2:

Exercise Challenges - YES!
    Water- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 6.3 miles
    Burned 680 (1136/32500)
    Minutes 103 (213/1950)

How 'bout those fire hydrants??