Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone enjoy being single?

Replies

• abc_life
    abc_life Posts: 28
    i mean its nice to not have to worry about everything you do and how it affects someone else but it sucks when you can actually go 24 hours without talking to anyone, or to have someone to go to lunch with or a midnight walmart run for movies and snacks

ive been single for almost 2 years, dating off and on but nothing serious, but still managed to get hurt by one guy, ive learned from it but im ready to get back into the swing of things but not at the same time

i guess im just picky or obviously not ready lol
  • I am who I am. I have a good life, but there are many times when I think I would enjoy being married or in a relationship with a good man. I am fairly self-sufficient because as a widow with 2 (they were only 3 and 5 at the time) I had to suck it up and swing my punches wide and strong to make it count for them. It's tough sometimes being single, but sometimes it's good. :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I don't hate my single life, I just wish I wasn't single! :laugh:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 732 Member
    Once every blue moon I might get really lonely and wish I had someone. But that feeling doesn't last. I love coming home from work and not having anyone -- guy or kids -- to have to deal with. I hang out every once in a while with a friend who is married w/ a kid and she constantly hangs with someone who is married with 2 kids, therefore I have to hang with them too. Every time I leave their house I am so thankful that I can go home to a peaceful quiet house.

Is there such a thing as being alone too long? Like I said, sometimes I crave company -- any company, even just a visit from my mom -- but after about an hour I'm ready for it to be over so I can be by myself again -- in peace.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    The only thing I enjoy about being single is talking to all of you everyday!
    Awww PJ you're so sweet! :flowerforyou:

FabKate La-Amazona I am happiest at 45. At 33 I was very happy being a new Mum but my marraige was already on the skids.
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.
    I recently read an article that 33 was the best age according to a survey done.
    I'll be 33 next month. :wink:

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

Chile plz!! Your over the topness reeks of you tryin to use your enthusiasm to mask your denial. I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Well you just met your first one honey.

I'm sorry you seem to be gloomy and that you're around unhappy women. So sad for you. :brokenheart:

Oh and you "reek" of *kitten* for attempting to speak for me.

LOL! You know I do think people sometimes struggle to understand the sheer joy/excitement. I had it too, despite having some seriously bad fall out to contend with at the time. My friend (your age, also a Diana - more conicidences) was the same. I wonder whether this is to do with personality type, or a consquence of feeling trapped in a suffoctaing relationship for a long time. Maybe a bit of both?
  • lorro
    As for the orginal question, I love my life right now and this is a huge disincentive to change it, especially since I am just not cut out for todays dating scene. I do want to be in a relationship eventually, but am in no rush. Based on my reaction to my kids being away this week, I suspect them leaving home may be the push I need to start actively looking, unless I get lucky and happen to bump into Mr. Right before then.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    The only thing I enjoy about being single is talking to all of you everyday!
    Awww PJ you're so sweet! :flowerforyou:

FabKate La-Amazona I am happiest at 45. At 33 I was very happy being a new Mum but my marraige was already on the skids.
    YEssssssssssssssss!! I am so so so so so happy. Seriously, I think I'm having the best days of my life.

I am happy in my own skin and am proud of myself. I'm in a good healthy place right now both physically and emotionally which helps me make better decisions which makes me happy with makes me want to be the best ME I can be.

I'm giddy most days... for life. I am in love with my life and I don't know what to do about the excitement I feel.

Chile plz!! Your over the topness reeks of you tryin to use your enthusiasm to mask your denial. I have NEVER in my adult life met a woman who was HAPPY to be single. I have met many who were CONTENT to be so, there is a big difference.

Well you just met your first one honey.

I'm sorry you seem to be gloomy and that you're around unhappy women. So sad for you. :brokenheart:

Oh and you "reek" of *kitten* for attempting to speak for me.

LOL! You know I do think people sometimes struggle to understand the sheer joy/excitement. I had it too, despite having some seriously bad fall out to contend with at the time. My friend (your age, also a Diana - more conicidences) was the same. I wonder whether this is to do with personality type, or a consquence of feeling trapped in a suffoctaing relationship for a long time. Maybe a bit of both?

A bit of both, mine stems from a suffocating relationship :)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Yes and no. I am enjoying it more than I ever have in my life. I am healthier, happier, and tons more confident than I've ever been and that has made dating tons more fun. The dating scene has slowed down lately as I consider myself "dating someone" and because there is a "someone," I find myself getting antsy to make it a relationship now.

Ultimately, I know that what I really want is marriage and children, so that makes it hard to fully enjoy singledom, but being single definitely has its moments.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    I like it except for the fact that I'm the only one of my (local) friends that is single. Many of my friends from my hometown are single, so when I'm with them it doesn't bother me one bit. Here, it's just hard being the only one when everything is a "couple thing" and half of the conversations tend to turn to something about SOs which I have nothing to contribute to. I can honestly say I think at this moment I'd be happier with a few single friends to go out and have a good time with than with a relationship!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    sometimes, its ok and other times its horrible

yep feel the same way
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    You want to know what really bugs me about being single?!?!?

All those groupon/living social deals that are only good for 2 people! What if I dont have a second person!!!! :sad:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    I am wondering how many are defining single as simply not married or in a regular relationship with one person but with a reasonable amount of action just the same as opposed to single being alone with no intimacy or "fun".

Carl,
    A valid distinction that could easily change perspective.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member

I will have to say that 33 was a DAMN good year for me. Enjoy it to the fullest.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with being single.

I love it in that I've had the time to completely focus on myself and getting fit. Between working full-time and working out 6 days/week I don't have much time during the week for much else...at least for now until I reach goal & not center my life around working out.

On the other hand, I hate it when I'm sitting home alone (mostly weekends) with nothing to do and noone to spend time with. Then it turns into a party....a self pity party!! Ha! I guess it's because I've been single 4 months after a LTR, and am still trying to reacquaint myself with the single lifestyle.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with being single.

I love it in that I've had the time to completely focus on myself and getting fit. Between working full-time and working out 6 days/week I don't have much time during the week for much else...at least for now until I reach goal & not center my life around working out.

On the other hand, I hate it when I'm sitting home alone (mostly weekends) with nothing to do and noone to spend time with. Then it turns into a party....a self pity party!! Ha! I guess it's because I've been single 4 months after a LTR, and am still trying to reacquaint myself with the single lifestyle.

I hear you.
    I just miss having someone to hang out with and do things with. Do I want a full time serious relationship right now? No, not really. Unless they were very understanding that my life will not revolve around theirs.
    I have buddies to hang out with, but not that person that shares my interests in music or arts or just chilling at the park.

And this, my darling Singles, is why I rejoined Match last night. Because for the first time in my life, I have a life and want to share my free time and interests with someone. :flowerforyou:
  • lorro

And this, my darling Singles, is why I rejoined Match last night. Because for the first time in my life, I have a life and want to share my free time and interests with someone. :flowerforyou:

Yay! Well done Bikini :happy: Good luck :flowerforyou: You're a braver woman than I. I've sworn off online dating for good.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member

Yay! Well done Bikini :happy: Good luck :flowerforyou: You're a braver woman than I. I've sworn off online dating for good.

And I had done the same 4 months ago....and this is why I do not swear things off often. I can always talk myself out of it...
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    You want to know what really bugs me about being single?!?!?

All those groupon/living social deals that are only good for 2 people! What if I dont have a second person!!!! :sad:
    Easy. You find some nice local guys in the same boat and just enjoy the activity,
    even if they are too old. :bigsmile:
  • LisaD1021
    LisaD1021 Posts: 42 Member
    For the most part, yes, I enjoy being single. But I know I am the exception to the rule. I was single until I was 30, and was divorced 13 years later. For the most part, I've been single since then. There are times of lonliness, and sometimes it would be nice to have someone to spend time with. But I really enjoy the freedom of having my space all to myself.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    I love being single. As for the no-sex thing, it's ridiculously easy for a woman to go find sex.... lmao.

Not saying that you SHOULD.. but you could.