Progress !

Options

Replies

• Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    did week 3 day 2 today was a bit miserable weather wise and windy but i got out there, got a blister from my new trainers but it didn't hurt that much.

slightly better today although i think i need a knee support as my right knee is aching still and after doing a bit of research i think that would be best

i may stick on week 3 till the end of next week, but will see how it goes

keep going girls we are doing great !!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    did week 3 day 2 today was a bit miserable weather wise and windy but i got out there, got a blister from my new trainers but it didn't hurt that much.

slightly better today although i think i need a knee support as my right knee is aching still and after doing a bit of research i think that would be best

i may stick on week 3 till the end of next week, but will see how it goes

You're doing great! I did week 3 day 2 today also - so far I seem to be keeping up with the schedule well. I can't remember which week I repeated the first time I did this, might have been 3 or 4. In any case, I'm a fan of extending the schedule until you're ready to move on.

I really hope your knee feels better soon - get the support you need! I'm no expert on this but I know what when you're knee is tricky it can mess a lot of exercise up. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    You're doing great! I did week 3 day 2 today also - so far I seem to be keeping up with the schedule well. I can't remember which week I repeated the first time I did this, might have been 3 or 4. In any case, I'm a fan of extending the schedule until you're ready to move on.

I really hope your knee feels better soon - get the support you need! I'm no expert on this but I know what when you're knee is tricky it can mess a lot of exercise up. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

I had a look through many running websites at all their knee pain articles etc and it looks like where my feet roll inwards it strains the joint so a support is recommended, i'll see how i go and may go to the doctor if it doesn't improve or gets worse
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    155866837073666020_0y5uVTwT_b.jpg

Sorry I got this up so late.
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    finished week 3 today and my knee is feeling good !!!! going to move onto week 4 next week although i am dreading it as i am still struggling a little with the 3 min runs and have to 5 mi runs as well next week !!!

• Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Yay Dawn - thanks for the inspiration. :)

Char - I agree, we are doing great. I haven't had the guts to look forward at next week's schedule - but WE CAN DO IT! :)

I also finished W3D3 today, and guess where I did it at.....

That's right! Down into and across a volcanic crater. :) Yep, you heard me! ;) It was a blast! I had so much fun that now I need to save up for trail running shoes. :bigsmile:
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 is done,

I did it on a treadmill today and it was much easier !!!! but i had shin pain again, I didn't have it last week running outside !!

I am on a trial gym membership at the moment 5 days for £5 and i have access to the gym, swimming and spa, so guess where I am going tomorrow after the gym lol

Keep going girls
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 is done,

I did it on a treadmill today and it was much easier !!!! but i had shin pain again, I didn't have it last week running outside !!

I am on a trial gym membership at the moment 5 days for £5 and i have access to the gym, swimming and spa, so guess where I am going tomorrow after the gym lol

Keep going girls

Week 4 already! :) Almost half way there. The spa sounds heavenly. HEAVENLY. Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Just reporting in that I did W4, D1 today also.

To be honest, it kind of sucked. I thought it was going to be easy and it was more of a challenge than I expected. However, I stuck with it and for that, I am proud. Go me! :)

Let's keep going chicas .... :flowerforyou:
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    i got half way through week 4 day 2 and had to stop after the first 5 min run, my shins were screaming in agony and i was at the same pace as monday.
    I spoke to the fitness instructor at the gym and she recommended taking a week off and focus on exercises to build the tibial muscles & seeing how it goes and to see my local sports shop to see if i need inserts for my shoes .

So I am going to stop till monday and see how it is then and go to the sports shop tomorrow !!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    i got half way through week 4 day 2 and had to stop after the first 5 min run, my shins were screaming in agony and i was at the same pace as monday.
    I spoke to the fitness instructor at the gym and she recommended taking a week off and focus on exercises to build the tibial muscles & seeing how it goes and to see my local sports shop to see if i need inserts for my shoes .

So I am going to stop till monday and see how it is then and go to the sports shop tomorrow !!

Owie!!!! I'm so glad you didn't force yourself to keep going through that pain - I'm sure you pushed yourself as it was. Good job giving it your all. This week will fly by and you'll be back at it. Who knows, I might be repeating week 4 anyway - so we may still be on the same schedule!

I am supposed to do W4D2 today but my booty hurts! I''ve been doing Tone It Up workouts with lots of lifts, lunges, etc and targeting my butt muscles. Talk about sore! I'm thinking about making today a no exercise day. Then again.... I could talk myself into just doing it. We'll see.

Take care Char! :)
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    Owie!!!! I'm so glad you didn't force yourself to keep going through that pain - I'm sure you pushed yourself as it was. Good job giving it your all. This week will fly by and you'll be back at it. Who knows, I might be repeating week 4 anyway - so we may still be on the same schedule!

I am supposed to do W4D2 today but my booty hurts! I''ve been doing Tone It Up workouts with lots of lifts, lunges, etc and targeting my butt muscles. Talk about sore! I'm thinking about making today a no exercise day. Then again.... I could talk myself into just doing it. We'll see.

i have been alternating between weights and cardio at the gym so i am achy and shattered all in one hahaha!!, hoping to get back to it next week !!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

It's hard doing them all a! I just had a big break so my body is not sore anymore, but doing c25k, tone it up, and zombie apocalypse - my body is constantly sore haha. Good sore though!
  • Char_marcus
    Options
    i had my gait and stride analysed and until i can afford new shoes or orthopaedic inserts for my current shoes i can't run as it could damage my right leg as it lands rolled in then rolls in some more :ohwell:

so will continue at the gym doing cardio and strength days until the money fairy visits
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    i had my gait and stride analysed and until i can afford new shoes or orthopaedic inserts for my current shoes i can't run as it could damage my right leg as it lands rolled in then rolls in some more :ohwell:

so will continue at the gym doing cardio and strength days until the money fairy visits

At least you know what you can and can't do.... and there's a lot you can still do! I hope the money fairy brings you a huge deposit - and while she's at it, she can swing by my place too! :wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Alex - what's Zombie Apocalypse?? I keep seeing those words floating around but had no clue it was an exercise challenge or program? You must be one hard core chickie! :)

I actually did do W4D2 on Wednesday but forgot to report back. Then I did a HIIT Tone It up Workout after that. I was proud.

Yesterday I did take a rest day, my body really needed it. I did W4D2 today. Feeling quite pleased with the progress I'm making so far, and proud of us all. :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Alex - what's Zombie Apocalypse?? I keep seeing those words floating around but had no clue it was an exercise challenge or program? You must be one hard core chickie! :)

I actually did do W4D2 on Wednesday but forgot to report back. Then I did a HIIT Tone It up Workout after that. I was proud.

Yesterday I did take a rest day, my body really needed it. I did W4D2 today. Feeling quite pleased with the progress I'm making so far, and proud of us all. :)

Zombie apocalypse is another mfp group - we are in teams and each week we get challenges, so this week everyone has climb 2,000 stairs, do 300 crunches and 100 push ups.

I'm in the middle of redoing w3 so doing w3d2 this afternoon as long as the weather stays clear!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Uh oh Alex ... Is it down to you and me? I promise I'll stick to it and complete the full schedule. Did week 5 day 1 today. Felt pretty good. Pushed myself to a higher speed on the 3rd five minute stretch. :)
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Uh oh Alex ... Is it down to you and me? I promise I'll stick to it and complete the full schedule. Did week 5 day 1 today. Felt pretty good. Pushed myself to a higher speed on the 3rd five minute stretch. :)

Looks like it! Haha. I'm a wee bit behind from repeating week 3, but doing week 4 day one tomorrow :) Tone it up says to do a HIIT routine today, but I just saw it now (8.30pm) and have an exam at 9 tomorrow morning and don't think I'll be doing any amount of exercise until afterwards so I'm doing the c25k instead of HIIT and tomorrow afternoon instead of today haha.

The other part says to sign up for a race. I think a race will be really motivational so considering it -are you planning on signing up for one?
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Glad to see some of you are still running. I HOPE to be back running next week. I think I may start up with week 3 again. Most of my pains are gone. Hope they stay away. Have a great day! Oh and sorry I forgot to post my Inspiration on Thursday. Won't forget this week. :)