Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Gratuitous Alibaba sourced "replica" cycling shirts. Decent fabric, sewn together well, proper zip and hem-grippers, what's not to like for £11.12 a shirt (posted!)

14286349431_85751123d4.jpg

(I'll spend the money saved on PROPER cycling shorts - now there's an area I'm not going to scrimp upon...)
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 XL

I LOVE them.

33259_00_d.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I like 'em Cowbells'; very nice!
  • TheBigYin
    Options

I LOVE them.

33259_00_d.jpg

Niiice! If only the prescription glazed versions weren't so horrendously expensive I'd have them in a heartbeat.

(they use prescription exchange lenses, rather than a glazed insert behind the eyeshade bit like the Adidas ones I favour - so if you have different tints for different times of year, say photochromic smoke/iridium finish for summer, plus persimmon for winter and clear for night rides, you end up with 3 sets of prescription lenses and a bill for nearer £700! (I checked!!))
  • cloggsy71
    Options

Niiice! If only the prescription glazed versions weren't so horrendously expensive I'd have them in a heartbeat.

(they use prescription exchange lenses, rather than a glazed insert behind the eyeshade bit like the Adidas ones I favour - so if you have different tints for different times of year, say photochromic smoke/iridium finish for summer, plus persimmon for winter and clear for night rides, you end up with 3 sets of prescription lenses and a bill for nearer £700! (I checked!!))

Geezus! I've had my eyes 'zapped' so I don't wear prescription lenses any more (well, until my eyes deteriorate again!)

Best thing I EVER did!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Geezus! I've had my eyes 'zapped' so I don't wear prescription lenses any more (well, until my eyes deteriorate again!)

Best thing I EVER did!

I asked about that, with my family history (glaucoma/cataracts going back on my dad's side 3 generations apparently, and at least my mam and maternal grandma) they basically said "don't even think about it... you'll need all the structual integrity your eyes can get for when you have the cataract lens implants..."
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    I asked about that, with my family history (glaucoma/cataracts going back on my dad's side 3 generations apparently, and at least my mam and maternal grandma) they basically said "don't even think about it... you'll need all the structual integrity your eyes can get for when you have the cataract lens implants..."

Yikes! Best steer clear then!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    it's a pity really, because my prescription is exactly the same now as it was 28 years ago, when I first had my eyes tested, so I'd have been a perfect candidate for it back then...
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I LOVE them.

33259_00_d.jpg

Look into Spy glasses (spyoptic.com). They do prescription glasses and they are reasonable. Best glasses I've had and I've had most of them it seems.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'm actually really happy with the one's i've got - they're the Adidas Adivista's with the frameless prescription insert - they're pretty much spot on, and actually suit my face shape - well - the shape it is now i'm a little lighter...

But, I've sort of had a soft spot for Oakleys since the era of the M-Frames (which I used to have a pair of, when I used to be vain and wear contacts on a regular basis), and I've still got a pair of the original Frogskins tucked away somewhere in storage...
  • matsprt1984
    Options
    I'm actually really happy with the one's i've got - they're the Adidas Adivista's with the frameless prescription insert - they're pretty much spot on, and actually suit my face shape - well - the shape it is now i'm a little lighter...

But, I've sort of had a soft spot for Oakleys since the era of the M-Frames (which I used to have a pair of, when I used to be vain and wear contacts on a regular basis), and I've still got a pair of the original Frogskins tucked away somewhere in storage...

Ahhh, yea I remember going through a few pairs of M frames. Then Bolle's, Rudy Project and God only knows what else. I have had Spy the last few years and have found I really like them. They are making a great product. The Dafts are crazy light and great vision out the tops (my current model of choice).

Lucky me, looked around and I see some new swag just showed up....pics to follow.
  • matsprt1984
    Options
    Tech geek...had to try one after all the comments TBY made.

892e870e-9f3b-49b8-9cc2-cbc94fdcad2f_zps61088667.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Tech geek...had to try one after all the comments TBY made.

892e870e-9f3b-49b8-9cc2-cbc94fdcad2f_zps61088667.jpg

Nice!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Nice!

What he said... I want one of those too :wink:
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    New shoes for the commuter...
    14330074839_35518ec393.jpg
    Bike has some new shoes. by Spatialized, on Flickr

The rear tire I had on the bike was fixing to blow any moment but I couldn't wait for delivery so off to the shop I go. It's s small shop, doesn't have much stock because...it's a small shop, in a small town. Anyways talking to the owner and makes me an offer on the tires $20, plus tubes. How could I say no? So I didn't. Compared to the 700x40 I've been running, these feel like Monster Truck tires (they're 29x2.0) but they roll great, feel very stable on gravel and dirt and I didn't lose any time on the commute. It's a win. Was going to buy some tires like this later in the summer for some fire road adventures so it just happened early.

Here's at work this AM:
    14518548712_6e9d969527.jpg
    New tires on the bike. Now with even more fun! by Spatialized, on Flickr
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Picked up a new Red, White and Blue Jersey, and also a pair of Oakley polarized RadarLocks. One of the best bike purchases I have done in a long time. A lot of my rides are just before sunset, so I dont need to take a pair of glasses that need a lense change, or a second pair to change when the sun goes down. With these, one pair does it all!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR05bADMlP5btkzeZdGf7psrHXGDp8qY1LIsu486vp6r6RUXU0Mzg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    After increasing frustration with chest band based HR Monitor Straps, I decided to try something different - the Mio Link optical wristband system. Seems okay - ANT+ and Bluetooth 4 so should work with pretty much any device I own, paired ok, and seemed to be sending the same data as the chestband when I tested it (garmin 800 paired to the Mio, Garmin 705 paired to a chestband one). We'll give it a proper workout tomorrow hopefully if I get chance to go out for a bit of a spin on the bike.

Obligatory Horrible Instagram Photo...

14339594210_358e6b9b12.jpg

And, I treat my MTB to a bit of bling - the jockey wheels were knackered frankly - sticking, jumping, and worn to the state that they looked more like something that a Ninja would throw at you... So, I checked the price of Original Shimano XT jockeywheels and after I picked myself up from the carpet, bought a pair of these from a chap on fleabay instead. £9.80 posted - sealed bearings rather than bushings, and a nice red anodising to match my eyes the inbred's frame.

14546340373_165637a3b7.jpg

I estimate that the red colour will last approximately 50 metres before being covered in black gloop.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    I have one Mio Link and one Mio Alpha. the Mio link does both bluetooth and ANT+ and quite honestly, it links quicker than the Alpha. The Alpha has the display but I think the link does a better job of maintaining the light connection so it keeps a more consistent measure of your heart. Both are as accurate as the chest strap and neither requires sweat so they pick up quicker on those cold mornings. I like them both.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Some skinsuits I have picked up for CX over the last few months.

MWI, Mad Alchemy and Pearl Izumi.

Warm, warmer and I'm gonna melt.

5377f15c-6395-46f6-9154-aed713f2440c_zps3093e303.png~original
  • matsprt1984
    Options
    After increasing frustration with chest band based HR Monitor Straps, I decided to try something different - the Mio Link optical wristband system. Seems okay - ANT+ and Bluetooth 4 so should work with pretty much any device I own, paired ok, and seemed to be sending the same data as the chestband when I tested it (garmin 800 paired to the Mio, Garmin 705 paired to a chestband one). We'll give it a proper workout tomorrow hopefully if I get chance to go out for a bit of a spin on the bike.

Obligatory Horrible Instagram Photo...

14339594210_358e6b9b12.jpg

And, I treat my MTB to a bit of bling - the jockey wheels were knackered frankly - sticking, jumping, and worn to the state that they looked more like something that a Ninja would throw at you... So, I checked the price of Original Shimano XT jockeywheels and after I picked myself up from the carpet, bought a pair of these from a chap on fleabay instead. £9.80 posted - sealed bearings rather than bushings, and a nice red anodising to match my eyes the inbred's frame.

14546340373_165637a3b7.jpg

I estimate that the red colour will last approximately 50 metres before being covered in black gloop.

What troubles were you having with the chest strap based HR monitor straps ??