Check In

Options
alexsmith01
alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
This is a board where you can check in each day and let everyone know how your progress was for that day.
Hope you all are having a great day!
Alex

Replies

• ginamaria724
    Options
    Just finished my cardio, going to do my strength training after dinner :) Also just finished an amazing protein shake, yumyumyum I love my protein shakes.

What weights are you guys going to use for the strength training?
    I was thinking anywhere between 5 and 10lbs, since I seriously need to start toning up. No more dinky 3 pounders for me.
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Just finished my cardio, going to do my strength training after dinner :) Also just finished an amazing protein shake, yumyumyum I love my protein shakes.

What weights are you guys going to use for the strength training?
    I was thinking anywhere between 5 and 10lbs, since I seriously need to start toning up. No more dinky 3 pounders for me.

I use 5kg which is about 11lbs I think. I managed to do all the exercises with the weights, and I'm very weak so you should be fine with heavier weights. The two I struggled with were the reverse plank - I only did 8 on each leg, and will look to improve next time, and the last one I didn't do because my yoga mat was in the car and my feet kept sliding around on the floor. Could have gone to the car to get my mat but I was out of energy by that time so will give that a try again next time (if we use that video again, I assume we will).
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options
    Just finished everything. I'm apparently super weak because some of those were tough! I had just come back from my run so my legs felt a little like lead and the reverse planks were tough. And things like that tend to hurt my wrists. Not to be a complainer :-)

I'm only using 3 lb weights for right now. Mostly because they're the only ones I have since I used them for 30 day shred and have no money for others! But I figured I'll just use them, better than nothing, and then when I can, increase!

Have a great night!
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Just finished everything. I'm apparently super weak because some of those were tough! I had just come back from my run so my legs felt a little like lead and the reverse planks were tough. And things like that tend to hurt my wrists. Not to be a complainer :-)

I'm only using 3 lb weights for right now. Mostly because they're the only ones I have since I used them for 30 day shred and have no money for others! But I figured I'll just use them, better than nothing, and then when I can, increase!

Have a great night!

I had just come back from my run as well, it would probably be better to split them up but I like to get my workout all done in one go haha.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i did the workouts today, i use a 3 kilo weights, that's the heaviest i have.i dont really understand the cardio portion, go at seven then four... so i did my turbofire HIIT video

by the way, my starting info is:
    weight 146
    natural waist: 31
    hips at the biggest part (right below the belly button): 36
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My Day 1 Stats:

Weight:141 lbs
    Bust: 34.5”
    Waist: 27”
    Hips: 38.75”
    Arm: 11”
    Thigh: 22.75”

Day 1 Challenges:
    Cardio: I could only manage 30 of the 40 minutes before my lungs starting killing me! I don't run often :blushing:

Toning: Finished 3 set of 12 for all 8 (using 7lb weights). But like I suspected that last one was murder, and I switched to regular push ups after the first set.
  • Ammbruno715
    Options
    4 glasses of water and 1200 calories

anniversary vacation in mexico in 20 days
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options

Have a great night!

I had just come back from my run as well, it would probably be better to split them up but I like to get my workout all done in one go haha.

Yeah I didn't think it would be a problem to get everything done at once... I'm not in terrible shape and I THOUGHT I had enough in me after my run. I felt like I did until I tried that reverse plank. I could hardly lift my legs! lol It felt like my sneakers were 20 lbs!
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    Hi All!

My Day 1 Stats:

Weight:141 lbs
    Bust: 34.5”
    Waist: 27”
    Hips: 38.75”
    Arm: 11”
    Thigh: 22.75”

Day 1 Challenges:
    Cardio: I could only manage 30 of the 40 minutes before my lungs starting killing me! I don't run often :blushing:

Toning: Finished 3 set of 12 for all 8 (using 7lb weights). But like I suspected that last one was murder, and I switched to regular push ups after the first set.

Measurements is a good idea, will get them done tonight!
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Opps posting on the wrong thread :ohwell: . All done.

I actually liked the reverse planks (though my wrists are a little sore) but hated the lateral raises (my shoulders are so weak) and the last move which I also changed to normal push ups. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Cardio I could only do 30 minutes as I was doing stair jogging - 48 flights.
  • MrsDutt
    MrsDutt Posts: 32
    Options
    I could not complete yesterday. I was too weak. I also know it is going to get harder to do so hopefully I can stick with it.

I also did 20 minutes dancing for cardio.
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    I could not complete yesterday. I was too weak. I also know it is going to get harder to do so hopefully I can stick with it.

I also did 20 minutes dancing for cardio.

It's better that you just do what you can and be consistent in that then get demotivated. I'm just going to concentrate on my form and change it if I am struggling particularly as I don't want to hurt myself - I would be better off in the long run just doing what I can properly. I'm more used to non-fancy smancy weight moves then this (think squats, lunges, chest presses, overhead presses...)

Good job regardless - half the battle is just making yourself do something.
  • Alleyna7
    Alleyna7 Posts: 212
    Options
    hello everyone!!

this is great, we're all really getting into it. 8 weeks from now we will all have different bodies and closer to our goals =D

Yesterdays workout was great though, I enjoyed it!

I didn't see the cardio buster so I did not do it :( will make it up!
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    oh i just posted under the monday challenge, But i found todays under the sea quite hard, i only did 1 round with them and i ache and feel as tho all my muscles have been yanked, not sure if a good thing or not really, and them mermaids killed my hips and the oyster swings when layin on my right side so left leg swing - that hurts too, even tho i was laid on my mat and had an extra blanket under me.
  • alexsmith01
    Options
    I got tuesday's email at 9.30pm last night (tuesday) so I'm going to be doing them a day late - We live in the future here in NZ ;) so yesterday was a much needed rest day, back to it tonight :)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    ^Glad you got your rest in!! Have sun "under the sea" today (which is tomorrow here)

Posted this in another thread, but figured I'd keep it in check in...

Did three sets of the under the sea. The pilates moves (the series of three moves - clam) hurt since Sunday I over-killed it on some leg circles and my hips still haven't forgiven me.

I'm kind of getting up/sitting down like an old lady today because my legs are tight, the interval running was hard for this non-runner, but I'm super excited because that means it's all working. Mwahahaha.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    I got tuesday's email at 9.30pm last night (tuesday) so I'm going to be doing them a day late - We live in the future here in NZ ;) so yesterday was a much needed rest day, back to it tonight :)

i didnt get the email soon enough for my liking, so i found the blog: http://toneitup.com/index.php

Did 3 sets of under the sea and it was just where i wanted to be. i also walk/jogged some. tonight at work i had to take some stairs and i thought my legs would fall off.
  • looplooploop
    Options
    I haven't received the emails for Tuesday or Wednesday, which is odd because I did get Sun/Mon. Anyways.. I'm right in the middle of exams right now, so I've been slacking a bit on this already. I just did Monday's video and planned to do the Under the Sea one right after, but it was tougher than I thought! I'm going to go for a rollerblade with my dog now, and hopefully do yesterday's video tonight.

Glad to see everyone else is doing so well! Go us!
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    i hope that i understood todays exercise correctly and all we had to do was the HIIT cardio. i did it for an hour instead of 39 minutes. Seriously feels like my lower body is going to fall off.

I also took my before pictures today. So ready to see the end result! Should we post our before pictures on a thread?! motivation!
  • alexsmith01
    Options

i didnt get the email soon enough for my liking, so i found the blog: http://toneitup.com/index.php

Did 3 sets of under the sea and it was just where i wanted to be. i also walk/jogged some. tonight at work i had to take some stairs and i thought my legs would fall off.

Even the blog doesn't come out until on the day so I think I'm gonna stick to doing it a day late, it means I can plan the next day which is good cos I'm super busy at the moment and don't want to miss out on anything! Also it means I'm checking in at the same time as everyone else :)