December 2012 due dates :)

Options
123457»

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    For those who do not know I had my baby on Dec. 10 (was due Dec. 15). Will post a birth story when I have time. Its been a rough go this time and I am cranky so give me a little time. good luck to you guys still waiting hope it is easy and fast for you just not too fast.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I had my 38 weeks appointment today and I am 2-3 cm dialated. My mom arrives Sunday early afternoon to watch my son, so hope the labour will not start before that. My original EDD is the 28th, but am 37 yrs old and this is IVF baby and they find trace amount protein today, the dr do to want me to until the very end. If the baby will not show before that my Dr sweep my membranes on next Thursday afternoon.if that will not start the labour , induction is Friday morning. One way or an other my baby will be here by Christmas!
    I am very excited, but anxious and scared at the same time.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I had my 38 weeks appointment today and I am 2-3 cm dialated. My mom arrives Sunday early afternoon to watch my son, so hope the labour will not start before that. My original EDD is the 28th, but am 37 yrs old and this is IVF baby and they find trace amount protein today, the dr do to want me to until the very end. If the baby will not show before that my Dr sweep my membranes on next Thursday afternoon.if that will not start the labour , induction is Friday morning. One way or an other my baby will be here by Christmas!
    I am very excited, but anxious and scared at the same time.

Oh wow! So exciting to know your little boo will be here for Christmas.
  • tmartin42
    Options
    Hi guys! Wow, it's been a long time. Little Gustav was born by C on 12/03-surgery went very well and He's a sweet, delightful baby. We LOVE him.

So, for those of you missing exercise, I HEAR you. Today, i walked around the block at a modest clip and i'm still sore. I used to swim laps for an hour a day, five days a week. I used to do ten laps of a pretty damned good Butterfly!!!! I don't care so much about the weight, but my lack of fitness hurts my heart. 3 more weeks til I'm cleared to go back to the gym, and i can't wait, I tell you.
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Now that my baby is 3 weeks old, I guess it's time to post my birth story!!

Well, let's start at the very beginning of December... two of my 3 daughters got sick the first part of December w/ the flu (vomitting, fever, chills, ect.). I tried to keep my hands clean, house sanitized, ect., especially because I was only a week away from having my scheduled c-section. I just did not want to get sick!!! On Friday 12/7, I started to get sick. That weekend I was miserable in bed and couldn't hold anything down, not even water. Monday morning, 12/10, I called my doc office mostly b/c I was worried about dehydration, plus I was still just so sick (Oh yeah...my c-section was scheduled for Wed 12/12). I told them everything that was going on w/ me and they said just to go straight to Urgent Care. DH took me to urgent care, they sent me to the Emergency Department. Super long story short, I was taken to the hospital that day, hooked up to multiple IV's, medications, ect. I had a lot of tests done b/c they thought that I had had a heart attack (I was having bad chest pains), also thought I had a blood clot on my heart among other things. Fortunately, it ended up being fluid around my heart & lungs, something wrong w/ my gall bladder and a hole in a valve. This stuff doesnt sound good either, but better that what the docs were originally thinking. And I thought I just had the flu! Actually, didnt have the flu at all, just some other extremely nasty virus and the other issues. I was having trouble breathing, too. During all of this,the baby was being highly monitored, too. Movement slowed down quite a bit, but that was to be expected b/c of all the drugs and pain killers I was given. On Tuesday, 12/11, a bunch of different doctors got together to determine if baby should be taken out on 12/12 as scheduled or kept in til I got better. It was a tough decision, but it came down to the cardiologist. He had to determine if my heart and lungs were strong enough to handle the surgery. He thought it was best to keep w/ the scheduled date, hoping that having the baby out would help me to start getting better. All throughout that night, I had to do breathing treatments to try to strengthen my lungs as much as I could and to help prevent me from getting pneumonia.

Yeah - delivery day! Wed 12/12. I was feeling a little bit better...but so drugged! Docs came in to get me and I was told that they were going to give me some medicine that would probably make me experience some memory loss. I guess I didnt think much of it at the time, maybe b/c I was so sick or b/c I was anxious to meet my baby. I actually remember very little of that whole day. Its very strange to think about things that you should know, but dont. I had to ask my husband if he cut the cord, if my family met the baby, ect. I have very few memories of that day. I look at pictures and just cry b/c I dont remember anything happening.

Now, for the fun part....my DH and I have 3 beautiful daughters and did not find out what we were having this time. This is only one small memory I do have from delivery day, my DH saying we have a son! Zachary Nathaniel was born 12/12/12 at 8:50 am, 19 inches and 7lbs 2 oz.. He's now 22 days old and I am still trying to get used to having a boy! It's very neat, though. Zachary was perfectly healthy despite my sickness. I am feeling much better, just have to do a bunch of follow up appts to see if the fluid has gone down.

Now, it's just the normal newborn issues (at least for me)....not sleeping at night and breastfeeding problems, but that's a whole other post!!! ;)

Congrats to all the other Dec. mommies!!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Now that my baby is 3 weeks old, I guess it's time to post my birth story!!

Well, let's start at the very beginning of December... two of my 3 daughters got sick the first part of December w/ the flu (vomitting, fever, chills, ect.). I tried to keep my hands clean, house sanitized, ect., especially because I was only a week away from having my scheduled c-section. I just did not want to get sick!!! On Friday 12/7, I started to get sick. That weekend I was miserable in bed and couldn't hold anything down, not even water. Monday morning, 12/10, I called my doc office mostly b/c I was worried about dehydration, plus I was still just so sick (Oh yeah...my c-section was scheduled for Wed 12/12). I told them everything that was going on w/ me and they said just to go straight to Urgent Care. DH took me to urgent care, they sent me to the Emergency Department. Super long story short, I was taken to the hospital that day, hooked up to multiple IV's, medications, ect. I had a lot of tests done b/c they thought that I had had a heart attack (I was having bad chest pains), also thought I had a blood clot on my heart among other things. Fortunately, it ended up being fluid around my heart & lungs, something wrong w/ my gall bladder and a hole in a valve. This stuff doesnt sound good either, but better that what the docs were originally thinking. And I thought I just had the flu! Actually, didnt have the flu at all, just some other extremely nasty virus and the other issues. I was having trouble breathing, too. During all of this,the baby was being highly monitored, too. Movement slowed down quite a bit, but that was to be expected b/c of all the drugs and pain killers I was given. On Tuesday, 12/11, a bunch of different doctors got together to determine if baby should be taken out on 12/12 as scheduled or kept in til I got better. It was a tough decision, but it came down to the cardiologist. He had to determine if my heart and lungs were strong enough to handle the surgery. He thought it was best to keep w/ the scheduled date, hoping that having the baby out would help me to start getting better. All throughout that night, I had to do breathing treatments to try to strengthen my lungs as much as I could and to help prevent me from getting pneumonia.

Yeah - delivery day! Wed 12/12. I was feeling a little bit better...but so drugged! Docs came in to get me and I was told that they were going to give me some medicine that would probably make me experience some memory loss. I guess I didnt think much of it at the time, maybe b/c I was so sick or b/c I was anxious to meet my baby. I actually remember very little of that whole day. Its very strange to think about things that you should know, but dont. I had to ask my husband if he cut the cord, if my family met the baby, ect. I have very few memories of that day. I look at pictures and just cry b/c I dont remember anything happening.

Now, for the fun part....my DH and I have 3 beautiful daughters and did not find out what we were having this time. This is only one small memory I do have from delivery day, my DH saying we have a son! Zachary Nathaniel was born 12/12/12 at 8:50 am, 19 inches and 7lbs 2 oz.. He's now 22 days old and I am still trying to get used to having a boy! It's very neat, though. Zachary was perfectly healthy despite my sickness. I am feeling much better, just have to do a bunch of follow up appts to see if the fluid has gone down.

Now, it's just the normal newborn issues (at least for me)....not sleeping at night and breastfeeding problems, but that's a whole other post!!! ;)

Congrats to all the other Dec. mommies!!

WOW what a hellish ordeal!!!! so glad you and baby boy are okay! and congrats!!! my little man was born 12-12-12 too!!