General check in thread

Options

Replies

• Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Great idea to have a check-in thread.

I am in week 2 right now. I haven't lost any weight so far and was getting a bit disappointed (I know it's only the second week) and then I had my tiny little NSV. I took the stairs to my office on the 3rd floor after lunch. Usually I feel very winded but today, I felt nothing!! I think I am getting stronger :) It was an awesome feeling. I decided to put my scale away and not concentrate on the weight. I will only weigh in just once a week to see if I am heading in the right direction weight wise. But I think I just need to stick with this, if not for the scale victories, it will be totally worth it just for the NSVs regarding strength and flexibility and hopefully some inches!

Did you take measurements when you started? I am sure you will see inches lost! I can definitely tell that I am more flexible. I do a bit more stretching afterwards and I noticed today that I can go lower in my stretches.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Getting close to the end of week 2 here. Said goodbye to Workout 1 today. I've really enjoyed all 3 of the dvds during this first half of phase 1. I'm nervous for next week though as well. I've heard she ups the intensity a lot. I welcome it a bit as I've only been extremely sore (Jillian typical as I call it) once, this time last week. I've lost 3lbs so far (I can't stay away from my scale :ohwell: ) but my official weigh ins are sundays. I haven't remeasured myself yet but I can see change all over my body already!!

Are a lot of you following her 1200 recommendation? Or the meal plan at all? I'm doing a mix in a way and am curious how those who are a ways in are going about it. As the workouts get more intense I know I'll need to up my calories...what are some of your thoughts?
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Those of you in Workout 3 - what the heck is up with those crab exercises? I just can't do them. My arms don't bend that way andI can't get my butt up. By the time I get some sort of dip thing going it is over. I have to laugh at myself because it is just that bad. I rewind and try again but end up with the same go round as the first time through. Oooh, I just hate those.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Great idea! Week 8 for me, start phase 3 on Monday. Down 16 lbs so far. Don't know how many inches. I'm saving it for a surprise at the end! Lol.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I am in week 2 right now. I haven't lost any weight so far and was getting a bit disappointed (I know it's only the second week) and then I had my tiny little NSV. I took the stairs to my office on the 3rd floor after lunch. Usually I feel very winded but today, I felt nothing!! I think I am getting stronger :) It was an awesome feeling. I decided to put my scale away and not concentrate on the weight. I will only weigh in just once a week to see if I am heading in the right direction weight wise. But I think I just need to stick with this, if not for the scale victories, it will be totally worth it just for the NSVs regarding strength and flexibility and hopefully some inches!

Did you take measurements when you started? I am sure you will see inches lost! I can definitely tell that I am more flexible. I do a bit more stretching afterwards and I noticed today that I can go lower in my stretches.

I did take measurements when I started. But I have been a bit afraid to check again :-) I can tell my pants may be a little loose but not enough for me to think I have lost any inches. But I am definitely getting more flexible and am stronger, have more energy. I can totally see my biceps now and also my quads and it's only the second week!! So I am very excited and trying not to get myself down about the scale. I do have less to lose (about 10 lbs or so) so I know they will come off slowly and I need to be patient :-)
  • court122383
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in week 7... LOVE it! Down 20+ pounds.. and countless inches..
    feel free to add me anytime! The more support, the better for sure! :) Congrats everyone- you're doing awesome!!!

Great job!!! Are you following her meal plan??

I'm not doing her meal plan EXACTLY... but I am pretty much sticking to the 250-400-150-400 calorie plan... but I am clean eating.. and I do some of her recipes too (especially the breakfast and snack ones... Frozen Banana pops... need I say more?! haha!) I dropped 11 pounds in the first week (kickstart).. and have maintained and lost more.. :)
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 4 and getting very nervous to start week 5. I hope I can keep up with her!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Getting close to the end of week 2 here. Said goodbye to Workout 1 today. I've really enjoyed all 3 of the dvds during this first half of phase 1. I'm nervous for next week though as well. I've heard she ups the intensity a lot. I welcome it a bit as I've only been extremely sore (Jillian typical as I call it) once, this time last week. I've lost 3lbs so far (I can't stay away from my scale :ohwell: ) but my official weigh ins are sundays. I haven't remeasured myself yet but I can see change all over my body already!!

Are a lot of you following her 1200 recommendation? Or the meal plan at all? I'm doing a mix in a way and am curious how those who are a ways in are going about it. As the workouts get more intense I know I'll need to up my calories...what are some of your thoughts?

I was like you and I was a bit scared of W3+W4 but you will manage. I found W3 pretty hard but W4 has been my favourite out of all them so far. You'll be fine :smile:

Also I am doing Weight Watchers at the moment. I have done meals from her plan though and they are really nice.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Those of you in Workout 3 - what the heck is up with those crab exercises? I just can't do them. My arms don't bend that way andI can't get my butt up. By the time I get some sort of dip thing going it is over. I have to laugh at myself because it is just that bad. I rewind and try again but end up with the same go round as the first time through. Oooh, I just hate those.

I know W3 just has some really tricky moves in. I hate those plank and then go down on your elbows and the plank to crescent ones...:noway:

Do you lower yourself also with the legs a bit? That's what I do. A mix between biceps and legs. Maybe google them or check youtube for a tutorial? Might help..
  • Daisy80
    Options

I did take measurements when I started. But I have been a bit afraid to check again :-) I can tell my pants may be a little loose but not enough for me to think I have lost any inches. But I am definitely getting more flexible and am stronger, have more energy. I can totally see my biceps now and also my quads and it's only the second week!! So I am very excited and trying not to get myself down about the scale. I do have less to lose (about 10 lbs or so) so I know they will come off slowly and I need to be patient :-)

Considering you only want to lose 10lbs I think your results so far sound great :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    W4 done! I liked it. I do think it goes by so quickly. I like most of the moves but the plank one with lifting the legs is so hard for me! I can't do it all. I just try to stay in normal plank but even this is really hard for me.
    I can't believe it is only one more day and week 3 is done. This is usually the time when I am doing a routine where I would stop. I don't think I have stuck with an exercise routine for longer than 4 weeks before but I don't feel tired of it at all yet. Yes there was a point during the routine today where I thought "I can't be bothered" but as Jillian says "it is not meant to be easy". I just love the fact that there are always new workouts in sight. I know now that I will only do W3+W4 two more times and than something new comes along plus Cardio 3 is in sight. It is such a great program!

Hope you all had a good day! Or I should say having a good day as you are all in the US and I am in the UK
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Cardio 1 done. Well almost. I couldn't sleep the past two days and I am working Saturdays so when I got up this morning I felts so unmotivated I did however get my exercise clothes on and started Cardio 1. I just couldn't get in the mood. Saturday is a crazy busy day in the shop and I was not looking forward to it. I was just not in the mood for exercise today. I stopped after 10min. Looking back at it now it feels silly to stop but I just couldn't get myself in the mood. Well I tried and I still burned 87 cals so at least I did a bit!

Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I am certainly enjoying my rest day today but looking forward to be back tomorrow!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Week 5 is over...I've lost 17 lbs so far. I weighed myself on Saturday and lost 1.1 lbs and when I weighed myself this morning, my weight was back to what it was last week. Considering I'm now bloated due to time of the month, I'm going with yesterday as my weigh-in. Overall, I'm excited to do workouts 5 & 6 next week again...
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I finished phase 1 week 2 and am ready for weeks 3 and 4. I previewed and am jacked for it! I gave my body a rest yesterday and today I burned 750 calories doing 1 hour of Insanity's Max Interval Plyo AND Cardio 1. I have found these 2 weeks to be too easy and have added in miles on the TM or elliptical and doing extra cardio to get the extra calorie burn. She definitely has some great moves that work more than one muscle group, I love that!!!
    Have an awesome week everybody!
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I start week 3 tomorrow and since I previewed I sure hope I can manage the moves. She really turns it up!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Week 8 for me, start phase 3 on Monday. Down 16 lbs so far. Don't know how many inches. I'm saving it for a surprise at the end! Lol.
    I wish I could wiat but I get so anxious to find out. I do my measurements every Monday. Great job getting so far through the program. I finished week 1 yesterday and thought it was a bit tough. But I am also doing the couch to 5k and bob harpers Yoga Abs along with it.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Phase 3 workout 9 done. It was hard, really hard, but not quite as bad as I expected. Love the crabs with weights
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    First, let me thank everyone who accepted my friend request, it's greatly appreciated.

I began the Body Revolution program today, Phase 1, week 1, day 1, workout 1 is officially in the books. I'm glad she begins this program slow because I have a bad back and bad knees and this allows me to ease back into my workouts. Also, I've read posts by others and clearly it gets harder as the program continues.
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Phase 3 workout 9 done. It was hard, really hard, but not quite as bad as I expected. Love the crabs with weights

Crabs, with weights??? I'm not even gonna ask how we're supposed to accomplish that... o.0

Congrats on getting phase 3 started!!! I can't wait to start phase 2 next week!