General check in thread

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    this is week 4 and I do really like this series so far but I throw in Insanity, Elliptical & long runs on the TM for cardio cuz her 30 minutes is not enough! I have NOT lost a pound!!!:sad:

Choco I got it off amazon but try ebay or google discount dvd's and you may find it cheaper!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Week two of phase 3 is a td bit easier. Thank God! Little scared of starting week 11/12!
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Iam a newbie iam on week 2 phase 1 loving it so far not losed any lbs not its early days my clothes feel looser so that good
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say hi and check in :smile: .I am on phase 1 day 2/workout 2 today.I really like these workouts too.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi all

I am currently in week 3. I always find it really helpful to find a thread to check in and share your experiences. I started a thread but it seems to have gone very quite so I thought I'll start a thread for everyone who likes checking in. No matter what phase or workout you're doing let's help and motivate each other! :smile:

I'm currently on the last week of phase 1. I did workouts 3 & 4 plus cardio for an extra week due to some unforeseen life circumstances that got in my way. I watched the videos for phase 2 today and I wanted to cry. Just watching the people in the videos do the exercises looked painful. However, as Jillian Michaels says, "if you have a why you can tolerate any how!". I used to really dislike her in other videos and think she was crazy, but I'm REALLY glad I ordered this program. She really is like a personal trainer in my family room.
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am week 3 day 4 :D
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't checked in for so long. I just had real problems with my knees. They were really hurting me all the time. Even when I just sat down. I really don't understand why. My knees are a weak point but I never had any problems so severe. So I called off all exercise for the past 1.5 weeks. They now still feel a bit tender but I really don't want to wait anymore. I'll be cooling them a lot now over the weekend and I also bought knee supports. So on Monday I will be re-starting Week 2 of Phase 1. I can't wait to get going again. I just started to see changes and I feel I fell behind again. I just think it would have been silly to keep exercising with the pain.

Looking forward to coming back on Monday!
  • mcmom0725
    mcmom0725 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is great to have some place to check in! Tomorrow I start week two Phase 1 and so far I am loving it! Ok maybe not so much at 4:30 am when I have to do running man but so far so good!! Today is my day off - felt really weird not exercising this morning. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy!
    Starting Phase 3 tomorrow so it was time to measure.
    Finally saw results, not much but its something!
    Lost 1.5 lbs.
    Only 1/2 inch in hip
    My goal is to loose 3 inches in hip area (5 inches in a perfect world), so we'll see....
    Thanks for all the support!!!

p.s. have you seen a doctor for your knees?
  • vhuber
    Options
    Started Phase 2 workouts 5 and 6 this week and I must say I am LOVIN it!! I feel I am working out now!!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Phase 3 workout 12 today. I am loving this phase! Cardio 3 tomorrow
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 5 - workouts 5, 6 and Cardio 2. I've been getting my tush kicked this week. I'm exhausted after the workout. I've been sore all week long. Phase 2 is intense! I haven't taken measurements yet. I should though. I can tell my muscles are feeling it between the soreness and my weight bounced up a pound/half aka water retention and after a weekend of eating out and alcohol intake (first in weeks) I'm trying to down as much water as possible.
  • Jaynemh1
    Jaynemh1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am semi new to MFP and just started Phase 1 on Day 3. I am loving it and have already seen some results! I love the idea of coming here and reporting in. I just finished Cardio 1 and it kicked my butt - but I loved it. I am following the Kickstart meal plan but so far not the 2-a- day workouts. I may try that tomorrow. Good luck all!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Just an update!
    Completed phase 1 workouts 5 & 6 and CARDIO 2 today! LOVED them! I would say the only exercise I did NOT like were the supermans!!
  • lchapoton
    lchapoton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new, too. I am finishing up my fourth week of the program, but doing workouts 7 & 8 (I HATE 7, by the way). When the program arrived, I was doing the fourth week of RI30 pretty much every day plus running, so the whole first phase did not feel challenging enough. I did each workout at least once to check it out, and then moved to Phase 2.
    This week, with workouts 7 & 8, my husband and I are also doing the kickstart. Instead of doing her cardio, I usually put the workout with a 4-5 mile run.
    So anyway, I didn't take before measurements, just weight (dumb!), but I'm looking forward to looking better on the beach in 5 weeks than I did last year. That's my "why."
    Hope everyone's having a great day.
    P.S. Love me some Natalie and Anita, maybe just because they were in 30DS, but not digging so much Alana and the really flexible girl. They always pick the 3 pound weights!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I am wondering what weight they do use. When she says grab your heavy, I am grabbing my 12's or 15's!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what weight they do use. When she says grab your heavy, I am grabbing my 12's or 15's!

I need to purchase some 12 lb weights b/c when she says to go heavy I grab my 15 lbs and if they're too heavy I'm forced to go to 10 lbs. I'm generally lifting 10 or 15 lbs for my heavy sets.
  • lchapoton
    lchapoton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the same set they use. The smallest are 3s, medium 5s, and large are 8s. So you.re ahead of the game, I'd say.
  • mareed123
    mareed123 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, im just starting week 3 of phase 1. Im doing c25km as well. Loving the body revolution program so far.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I have the same set they use. The smallest are 3s, medium 5s, and large are 8s. So you.re ahead of the game, I'd say.
    I thought they looked rather small!!:laugh: