May/June BED Conversation Thread

Options

Replies

• FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm having a very triggering experience right this second at work. I'm going out for dinner tonight so I have to be careful not to order fried crap or go home and eat crap :(:(:(:(
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! How's everyone doing? How was your weekend? How are you doing with your goals? I'd love to hear from you!

I'm doing pretty good overall. Had a MUCH better weekend with my ED behavior than I had been lately. My goal for May was to log my food each day no matter what - and so far so good. I've also been keeping track of healthy days vs ED behavior days. I'm in the lead 12 to 8. I'm really focusing on my behavior and not so much the quality of food I'm eating. I'm also trying really hard to be okay with eating what I want and not necessarily what I 'should'. I need to learn how to be okay eating and enjoying treat food without feeling guilty.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello Diane!

Congrats to you on a good weekend!!!

I had a good weekend too. I had urges but I chewed gum, got busy. Used some good diversions and was all good. I had microwave popcorn Saturday night. the regular movie kind. I just do not care for those 94% ones and like you said that is one thing they really stressed with I was in the eating disorder program is to learn to eat the foods you love in moderation.

Good job on focusing on eating what you love in moderation. Isn't that what the french do? :smile: :wink:

Thanks so much for your support because this is helping me get my head back on track and out of the binge zones:laugh:

Hugs!:heart::heart:

Please share everyone! It helps to share even if you did not have a good weekend. It helps us to know we are not alone.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Pretty good weekend here. I tried to keep busy. Stained my deck and did other chores. It is pretty stressful at work these days. So I need to be careful. I am out of paper products in my home that means going to the store.....which means I have to go to battle with my demons. Today I will stay away from the food isle........I'll check in later and let you know how I do. Have a good day every one. Richie
  • richardsrm
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I did it:love:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I did it:love:

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. :smile:
  • kailauli
    kailauli Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm fighting off a binge right now. I will admit that I did already give in somewhat. It's amazing how much calmer I'm feeling by just being on here and typing out this post. Today I was hit with a triple-binge-inducing whammy. Number 1, not eating for almost 5 hours (which always causes me to go crazy at night) and number 2, some emotional "stuff". And finally, number 3, which was eating so many calories in the morning and thinking I would be able to space out the rest during the day. Any one of these three things usually sends me into a binge, so all three at once..... I don't know what to do!!!
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Kalla, thanks for sharing. for me it is a slow process......baby steps. I feel like each time I make it through a period where I would typically binge I have a victory. Honestly I have seen progress since I have been here. I don't eat the whole box of cookies any more. I still over eat but it is better. And I know this thread is here for me. Mollie and Diane get what we feel about ourselves and the DBED. Hope we can all be mindful of what we eat today. Richie
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Richie, you are so right about baby steps. I agree that doing better than you would have otherwise is a victory. Usually my victories are of this nature. It is very difficult to conquer the BED every day, all day long, especially when some days we are met with possibly a dozen + different instances where we might normally turn to food. And if we give in to trigger #12 we easily forget how well we evaded #1-11. Sometimes it is helpful to just focus on portions of the day instead of the day as a whole. Just being able to get through a few hours is victorious some days.

kailauli - thank you so much for sharing your experience yesterday with us. I understand completely about going too long without eating. That used to be a really bad habit of mine and it would nearly always set me up for a binge. Now I try really hard to eat something even if I'm not ravenous, because I know what will happen when I do get to that point.

I hope everyone has a great day! Thank you all so much for being here. It really helps me each and every day to know that I'm not alone.

Diane :heart:
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Ok , so am stocking up on the veggies today......picnic time..and omg the food....moderation has to be my theme. Also reminding my self not to eat so little that I feel deprived.....happy medium....sometimes if I feel I was too good I come home and binge.......wacky problem Good thoughts to all of us on this long picnic weekend. Richie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    It is very difficult to conquer the BED every day, all day long, especially when some days we are met with possibly a dozen + different instances where we might normally turn to food. And if we give in to trigger #12 we easily forget how well we evaded #1-11. Sometimes it is helpful to just focus on portions of the day instead of the day as a whole. Just being able to get through a few hours is victorious some days.

Diane :heart:

Thanks for this reminder Diane!:flowerforyou:
  • kailauli
    kailauli Posts: 19
    Options
    How has everyone been doing these past few days? I did not so well. I baked some cookies for my boyfriend. I ate half the batch, then I mechanically moved to the chips, then the ice cream bars, then the cheese and crackers. I am proud of stopping myself before it became extremely painful. Actually, my tummy doesn't really hurt much, maybe I am learning to stop myself little bits at a time.

To be honest, I DON'T have a clue what set me off today. It may have been boredom! My calories are sitting at around 4500 for the day. It's so discouraging to see it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    How has everyone been doing these past few days? I did not so well. I baked some cookies for my boyfriend. I ate half the batch, then I mechanically moved to the chips, then the ice cream bars, then the cheese and crackers. I am proud of stopping myself before it became extremely painful. Actually, my tummy doesn't really hurt much, maybe I am learning to stop myself little bits at a time.

To be honest, I DON'T have a clue what set me off today. It may have been boredom! My calories are sitting at around 4500 for the day. It's so discouraging to see it.

Put it behind you and move forward.. Good job on owning it by logging it. This is probably what stopped you from doing more damage. I know logging helps me stop a bing most times. It is hard to log a binge. So keep doing this and it will help you from continuing to binge.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I really fought urges to binge last night and yesterday but I made it and I feel good! Usually when I note I have lost a huge amount of weight the urge to reward myself with a FREE day (really a binge day) is my next move. I did splurge yesterday but I did not binge at all. I made it 2 candy bars I had been really wanting and 2 pcs of fried chicken and I told them no biscuit so I would not be tempted to eat it. Thankfully I don't eat a lot of bread anymore.

I went and stock up on goodies like fruit for this weekend so I have good stuff to munch on. But while out an about the restuarants were calling my name but I resisted because I don't have to reward myself with a food feast for success. I have to find other replacements to reward myself for victories.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!! Check in when you can.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    great Mollie, you inspire me to keep trying. My nemesis today was icecream sandwiches.....thankgoodness there were only three left or I would have been feeling bad right now. I did pretty well with the picnic thing though. hugs Richie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Today is going to be tough for me. I don't even celebrate holidays but they are still tough for me because I am off work and not my normal routine. Yesterday I was fighting urges all evening when I came in from my Sunday worship. I had to be very mindful in order to fight the urges I was having to binge. I overate a bit for sure but I was in point range and I managed not to binge.

I got up this morning and pre-planned my meals in a effort to not binge today. I can't wait for tomorrow to come which is a normal work day which I have learned to manage well in regards to BED.

How are you all managing today? Have a good day and remember one day at a time!
  • rabetts
    rabetts Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi friends!
    I have actually been doing ok for the past few days. Some overeating, but no real binges. Yay for small victories! Does anyone else get anxious after doing good for awhile? Like you know you're going to fail again, always wondering when it will be? I'm not afraid of success....why do I feel like this?
    Been just trying to stay calm and collected (and busy). I'm glad you guys are here to help. Thank you :flowerforyou:
    -Rachel
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi friends!
    I have actually been doing ok for the past few days. Some overeating, but no real binges. Yay for small victories! Does anyone else get anxious after doing good for awhile? Like you know you're going to fail again, always wondering when it will be? I'm not afraid of success....why do I feel like this?
    Been just trying to stay calm and collected (and busy). I'm glad you guys are here to help. Thank you :flowerforyou:
    -Rachel

Welcome Rachel! Yes I think we have all been here before. That is why we do our best to take one day at a time.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks Mollie and Rachel. Have my dinner planned. Going away for a bit and this is always a binge provoker.....gotta fight it though. Last night I ate until my stomach hurt....the whole time thinking I need to stop but didn't......I will check back this afternoon before I repeat the behavior. Richie.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks Mollie and Rachel. Have my dinner planned. Going away for a bit and this is always a binge provoker.....gotta fight it though. Last night I ate until my stomach hurt....the whole time thinking I need to stop but didn't......I will check back this afternoon before I repeat the behavior. Richie.
    Hugs Richie!:heart::flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.