Virginie's progress! Starting on May 12!

Options
1235»

Replies

• virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Oh well nothing. I'll be estatic when I can do that. Very impressed that you are stiking to it despite traveling and being out of your normal routine. Keep up the geat work!

Thanks a lot :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    I did it! The whole program! Did week 9 day 3 this morning!!! Jogged those 30 min! At a 10.43 min/mile pace. That made a 4.5 K distance.
    Also, since I started the program 9 weeks ago (combined to Jillian Michaels Body Revolution), I lost 10 lbs.

Now I will continue with 3 runs per week, adding 1 or 2 min each week in order to run 5K. Then, I will stick to it until I can jog 5K in 30 min.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I loved reading your detailed progress! It motivated me to keep going ! I did my day week one ay one yesterday . It was tough but I felt accomplished afterward. I've chosen to do the majority of my running at the local highschool track to save my knees from injury.

I am registering for the Athleta Iron woman of Seattle on sept 9 to keep me motivated...the have a choice of walk, 5k or 10k.

After reading your thread I may start my own to map my progress....

Thanks for the inspiration ! Keep it up and please update us when you run your first 5k !
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    I loved reading your detailed progress! It motivated me to keep going ! I did my day week one ay one yesterday . It was tough but I felt accomplished afterward. I've chosen to do the majority of my running at the local highschool track to save my knees from injury.

I am registering for the Athleta Iron woman of Seattle on sept 9 to keep me motivated...the have a choice of walk, 5k or 10k.

After reading your thread I may start my own to map my progress....

Thanks for the inspiration ! Keep it up and please update us when you run your first 5k !

Thanks a lot! Im thankful that people are following my progress. It keeps me motivated. I wish you the best of luck to accomplish the program, and I plan to continue writing on this thread 3 times/week to keep track of my progress, so I'm not done writing here! :)

Again, thanks a lot, and good luck!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Contests! You did great!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Away again traveling for work, but still jogged 30 min at my hotels gym. Will do a 2nd week at 30 min, because it's really hard for me. Next week will start adding time in order to jog that 5 K distance!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    On an other business trip. Went for a 30 min jog on the treadmill. Loving that I can run anywhere, outside at home or at the hotel. To jog a 4K in 30 min is now something I'm comfortable with. 4.5 is still hard, but I still can push myself in it. Loving the progress in my endurance!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Jogged yesterday for 30 min. The 1st 10 min were harder, but the last ones, easier, felt like I could still run. Still jogging 4.5 K in 30 min. Will add 2 min this week in order to eventually achieve this 5K distance.
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    After 2 weeks of 30 min jog, I added 2 min in order to acheive the 5k distance eventually. So today was the 1st time jogging for 32 min. It went great. I did it at the hotels gym treadmill because I'm away on a business trip again!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Went jogging this early morning. Temperature was cool, it felt great. jogged 32 min and did a 4.6 K distance. Will jog for 32 min again on Friday and next week planning on doing the complete 5K distante. Then, Ill stick with the 5K distance and work on my speed.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Reading your updates here is very motivating. Looks like you are progressing quite nicely. Keep it up.
  • amyharper75
    amyharper75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your feed is so great! Congrats on finishing the program and continuing to run! I just started the program again yesterday after an 8 week break! Not as hard to get back into it as I thought. Looking forward to continuing to read your post, and follow my own progress!:smile:
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Reading your updates here is very motivating. Looks like you are progressing quite nicely. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot! :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Your feed is so great! Congrats on finishing the program and continuing to run! I just started the program again yesterday after an 8 week break! Not as hard to get back into it as I thought. Looking forward to continuing to read your post, and follow my own progress!:smile:

Thanks a lot! Im glad you added me, I look forward to follow your C25K progress as well!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    I did it!!! Jogged my 1st 5K yesterday evening in my neighborhood! I've been training for this since mid May and my 1st 5K race is end of September to do it in a better time. Did it in 36 min yesterday.
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Jogged my 2nd 5K tonight in my neighborhood. It felt good! Was very humid and hot outside so I did it at sunset. Did it in 33.5 min, that's 2.5 min shorter than my 1st one!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Jogged a 5K on the treadmill yesterday. Did it in 31 minutes 50 seconds! :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Still jogging 5Ks 3 times per week. Today I did it in 31 minutes 15 seconds on the treadmill!
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Jogged an other 5K today on the treadmill, did it in 30 min 40 seconds, it's my best time ever :)
  • virginiejaubin
    Options
    Hi people. It has been a while! Still running a 5K every week since I graduated the program in July. Sunday will be my 1st official race. It's the Montreals Rock&Roll marathon and I'll be running the 5K with my cousin and BF.